2011 Summer Concert Season

Discussion in 'Life After Brown' started by brownedout, Mar 25, 2011.

1. brownedout

brownedout New Member

After a 2 year break from attending concerts time to get back into things.

Just got Deep Purple at Beacon Theater, NYC mid June. This should be an interesting show they are to perform with a philharmonic as well.

Interested in seeing Def Leppard for probably the 20th time, but need some info. Has anyone on here been to both PNC Bank Arts Center Holmdel, NJ. and Saratoga Performing Atrs Center, Saratoga Springs, NY.? If so, how would you compare them? Dave, have you ever been down to SPAC? If so, any good? The reason I ask is I'll have to miss a work day for the Deep Purple show, so I need a weekend date for the other. Thanks for any help guys.

Also I love that TicketMaster now actually lets you choose your seat at alot of these venues, great move.
  2. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

My sister lives 1 hour north of SPAC(newcomb). She LOVES it. Goes every year to see The Dave Matthews Band. She sits on the grass.
  3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

My son also goes to see Dave Matthews every year. They stay at a campground about a mile or so away and they also sit on the grass.
  4. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

I bet they have walked by each other. LOL!!!
  5. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

Going to see Clutch tonight

6. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

My next concert is one of my new faves..... these guys are as good of a southern rock band as I could hope for

7. klein

klein Für Meno :)

This is the outdoor concert I'll be going to in 17 more days, and selling hotdogs :
    They have over 40 bands playing, and it goes for 4 days. Tickets are $250 each for the whole 4 day event.
    ( www.boonstock.ca )

8. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Taylor Swift in 2 weeks.
  9. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

10. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Does that mean I can't stand her....... OR...... you lucky dog ??
  11. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

Tobey keith
  12. fethrs

fethrs Well-Known Member

RUSH this Sat night, won tix on the radio and they are great seats.
  13. Sleeve_meet_Heart

It isn't "her" that I cannot stand, however this response would be better suited for current events/politics so I should leave it alone....however tempted to at least throw in two cents.

As a reasonably successful and very hard working local musician, it's disheartening to see the public spend their hard earned money lining the pockets of rich young corporate social marketing scammers.

The whole pop-music craze and now American Idol and etc has really dug the Western world and obviously the U.S. into even deeper doo-doo regarding what the common standard of what is considered "good" music; and it is directly proportional to the marketing ploys and strategies of how to sell, and not what music was and is truly about.

So in the end, it is not Taylor Swift that is the problem; Let me just say she is "working as directed", her songs are generally manufactured cheap and made to sell. Nothing more or less. I'll call her and her brand " Wal-Mart wailer" and end this rant. :)
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  14. over9five

I don't even want to go..... We were invited, not even paying....

I REALLY don't want to go!
  15. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

Man you are singing music to my ears. I saw your kits in your avatar and wondered if you were a musician...a drummer or as my daughter tells me, I'm a percussionist! :happy-very: (her not me)

IMO the music knowledge of the American public was greatly harmed when music itself in the schools was made an extra-curricular activity instead of a part of a main humanities approach to education. Music is mathematical, teaches logic and critical thinking but it also causes creative thinking. Because music is not a part of education in America, the music product has been degraded and cheapened as you so rightly pointed out and the masses are none the wiser. IMO what you are talking about has a direct connection to that.

Very well said Sleeve! :thumbup: from me!
  16. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Thanks, but you are spot-on, I was rambling and raving. Agree 1000%
  17. Sleeve_meet_Heart

You are not going to be cheering wildly, and trying to jump onstage?!
  18. over9five

I heard we'll be so close we'll be able to see up .......
  19. Sleeve_meet_Heart

on the other screen beside the Jumbotron thingy where the sports scores are being flashed? ;)
  20. over9five

Uhh, yeah..... that's where I was going with that.