2011 Summer Concert Season

brownedout

After a 2 year break from attending concerts time to get back into things.

Just got Deep Purple at Beacon Theater, NYC mid June. This should be an interesting show they are to perform with a philharmonic as well.

Interested in seeing Def Leppard for probably the 20th time, but need some info. Has anyone on here been to both PNC Bank Arts Center Holmdel, NJ. and Saratoga Performing Atrs Center, Saratoga Springs, NY.? If so, how would you compare them? Dave, have you ever been down to SPAC? If so, any good? The reason I ask is I'll have to miss a work day for the Deep Purple show, so I need a weekend date for the other. Thanks for any help guys.

Also I love that TicketMaster now actually lets you choose your seat at alot of these venues, great move.

menotyou

bella amicizia
My sister lives 1 hour north of SPAC(newcomb). She LOVES it. Goes every year to see The Dave Matthews Band. She sits on the grass.

klein

Für Meno :)
This is the outdoor concert I'll be going to in 17 more days, and selling hotdogs :
They have over 40 bands playing, and it goes for 4 days. Tickets are $250 each for the whole 4 day event.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Does that mean I can't stand her....... OR...... you lucky dog ??
It isn't "her" that I cannot stand, however this response would be better suited for current events/politics so I should leave it alone....however tempted to at least throw in two cents.

As a reasonably successful and very hard working local musician, it's disheartening to see the public spend their hard earned money lining the pockets of rich young corporate social marketing scammers.

The whole pop-music craze and now American Idol and etc has really dug the Western world and obviously the U.S. into even deeper doo-doo regarding what the common standard of what is considered "good" music; and it is directly proportional to the marketing ploys and strategies of how to sell, and not what music was and is truly about.

So in the end, it is not Taylor Swift that is the problem; Let me just say she is "working as directed", her songs are generally manufactured cheap and made to sell. Nothing more or less. I'll call her and her brand " Wal-Mart wailer" and end this rant. :)

Last edited:

wkmac

It isn't "her" that I cannot stand, however this response would be better suited for current events/politics so I should leave it alone....however tempted to at least throw in two cents.

As a reasonably successful and very hard working local musician, it's disheartening to see the public spend their hard earned money lining the pockets of rich young corporate social marketing scammers.

The whole pop-music craze and now American Idol and etc has really dug the Western world and obviously the U.S. into even deeper doo-doo regarding what the common standard of what is considered "good" music; and it is directly proportional to the marketing ploys and strategies of how to sell, and not what music was and is truly about.

So in the end, it is not Taylor Swift that is the problem; Let me just say she is "working as directed", her songs are generally manufactured cheap and made to sell. Nothing more or less. I'll call her and her brand " Wal-Mart wailer" and end this rant. :)

Man you are singing music to my ears. I saw your kits in your avatar and wondered if you were a musician...a drummer or as my daughter tells me, I'm a percussionist! :happy-very: (her not me)

IMO the music knowledge of the American public was greatly harmed when music itself in the schools was made an extra-curricular activity instead of a part of a main humanities approach to education. Music is mathematical, teaches logic and critical thinking but it also causes creative thinking. Because music is not a part of education in America, the music product has been degraded and cheapened as you so rightly pointed out and the masses are none the wiser. IMO what you are talking about has a direct connection to that.

Very well said Sleeve! :thumbup: from me!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Man you are singing music to my ears. I saw your kits in your avatar and wondered if you were a musician...a drummer or as my daughter tells me, I'm a percussionist! :happy-very: (her not me)

IMO the music knowledge of the American public was greatly harmed when music itself in the schools was made an extra-curricular activity instead of a part of a main humanities approach to education. Music is mathematical, teaches logic and critical thinking but it also causes creative thinking. Because music is not a part of education in America, the music product has been degraded and cheapened as you so rightly pointed out and the masses are none the wiser. IMO what you are talking about has a direct connection to that.

Very well said Sleeve! :thumbup: from me!
Thanks, but you are spot-on, I was rambling and raving. Agree 1000%