2012 Summer Olympics

klein

Für Meno :)
I really wish you wouldn't do this. Some of us have to work all day and may have been looking forward to watching this tonight.

Then why be on the internet at all ?
My homepage (yahoo) tells me in advance.

And if you really need to look for updates - then just come here on this thread ! IF not, stay away !!!!!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Then why be on the internet at all ?
My homepage (yahoo) tells me in advance.

And if you really need to look for updates - then just come here on this thread ! IF not, stay away !!!!!!!

Don't you find it ironic that we all tell you to stay away yet you are still here??

I was looking forward to watching this match tonight and purposely avoided reading my ISP home page.

klein

Don't you find it ironic that we all tell you to stay away yet you are still here??

I was looking forward to watching this match tonight and purposely avoided reading my ISP home page.

Well, too bad for you, that you needed to check out the London Olympic thread, before you wanted to watch it !

moreluck

golden ticket member
I really wish you wouldn't do this. Some of us have to work all day and may have been looking forward to watching this tonight.

Jesus on a stick, why in the world would you look at the olympics thread? That's your own doing and a stupid move on your part, Clara!!

DS

Fenderbender
Olympics Medals per Capita?

Are you freaking kidding me???
I found it interesting,Odds would dictate that a country with more people would have more eligible candidates.
This gives them better odds of finding the best of the best.Take note that in that list,the USA is ahead of China now
and this is commendable to say the least,considering the population difference.

klein

I found it interesting,Odds would dictate that a country with more people would have more eligible candidates.
This gives them better odds of finding the best of the best.Take note that in that list,the USA is ahead of China now
and this is commendable to say the least,considering the population difference.

I see it the same way ! If you are from Grenada, you have a chance 1:110.000 to be at the Olympics and win a medal !
If you were born in New Zealand - you have a chance of going to the Olympics and winning a medal 1 out of 444.000.

IT's sort of like lottery odds.

As a US citizen , your chances shrink down to 1 in 3.9 Million.
But even worse as a Chinese, that shrinks down to 1 in 7.5 Million.

India is the worst !
If your an Indian citizen, the chances of you ever winning a medal at the Olympics goes down to a whopping : 1 in 313 Million !

klein

Just came across this article :

To put in perspective, Canada would have win 68 medals in London 2012 just to match now 4th placed Slovenia. That probably is not happening.
For what it is worth, Australia, which is just beside itself about its showing, was still sixth in medals per capita through Monday. Canada is 29th, with the U.S. and their referee-aided women's soccer team 40th. So there's that.

Slovenia tops the more intellectually honest Olympic medal table | Eh Game - Yahoo! Sports Canada

klein

dylana450.jpg

Nations disappointed in Olympic showing
We Canadians seem to excel at complaining about our Olympic medal haul, but others are feeling the pain too. Germany unhappy

klein

soccerbronze450.jpg

Soccer bronze marks redemption for Canada
After the controversy-filled semifinal against the U.S., the team now exits the Olympics with an amazing achievement. More

klein

Will it ever stop ? Ugly Americans at it, again, even the homeland US is embarresed now !!!!

londonhope_metro450.jpg

Team USA blasted for 'gross' gold medal shirts
It wasn't so much the victory apparel as it was the slogan on them that sparked big backlash — even from their own fans. See it up close

klein

Toronto, On, and Buffalo, NY to host summer olympics together ???? Might be possible :)

torontocntower_450.jpg

Olympic bid like no other: Toronto with a partner?
The Canadian city and this metropolis are openly discussing a joint effort for 2024 -- but there's one catch. Other city is in the U.S.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Toronto, On, and Buffalo, NY to host summer olympics together ???? Might be possible :)

torontocntower_450.jpg

Olympic bid like no other: Toronto with a partner?

The Canadian city and this metropolis are openly discussing a joint effort for 2024 -- but there's one catch. Other city is in the U.S.

This is a concept that has been discussed in the past due to the skyrocketing costs associated with hosting the Games. Lake Placid, NY, would love to host the Winter Games for a 3rd time but has already said that they would need the assistance of the city of Plattsburgh, NY, and Montreal, Canada, in order to pull them off.

Maybe Mitt Romney can help run the 2014 Winter Games as he will be unemployed for the next 4 years.

bbsam

Staff member
Will it ever stop ? Ugly Americans at it, again, even the homeland US is embarresed now !!!!

londonhope_metro450.jpg

Team USA blasted for 'gross' gold medal shirts

It wasn't so much the victory apparel as it was the slogan on them that sparked big backlash — even from their own fans. See it up close
Oh, stop. This is American swagger and nothing more. And my kids have been is soccer for a few years and there is nothing humble about soccer teams at all. Even at the age when we don't keep scores, ask any kid walking off the field what the score was and if he loves the game, he'll tell you the score.