33 year driver caught stealing!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
And I am glad you are, it is your choice. I am part time and make little, I wish others would ease up on me that I dont make as much as they do. I would pay dues if I made a better yearly income. As of now, no thank you, maybe in the future I will when I choose its necessary. In the meantime, if I feel that they break contract agreements in any way, I'll file and let the union " work " for the 350$ for the paper work.

Btw, to others talking about 22.3 jobs, they have bid sheets for them. Its just like everything else here, you bid, and get them through seniority.
Your dues are based on your rate of pay and hours worked. You don't pay nearly as much as I do. You won't get any sympathy from me on this.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Your dues are based on your rate of pay and hours worked. You don't pay nearly as much as I do. You won't get any sympathy from me on this.

I dont want it, I was only saying you have the right to choose. You drive, correct, your income can handle it. As for mine, I cant take on even a dollar a week for the charity. Not to menction how silly that place is, it goes against my judgement.

The sympathy is what eveyone at UPS will give us. Sure, perhaps I will feel the same someday, but I will never forget where I came from. I want to make it and pay dues, but its not going to happen until that moment comes.

I spent 5 years doing the same thing, and feel as if ill being doing it for atleast another 5. I dont need anyone feeling sorry for my choices in life. Just worry about yourselves. As a conservative, I feel anyone has a chance and a choice to make it in life. Its only how bad one wants it, how willing they are to go and grab it.

bryanturner100

warning there won't be any periods or commas in this message

if you don't make enough money at your part time job at UPS you should go out and get another job and quit being so lazy and pay some union dues you've gotta be a center manager or just quit if it so bad here you freeloading teamsters haters make me sick

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Re: warning there won't be any periods or commas in this message

if you don't make enough money at your part time job at UPS you should go out and get another job and quit being so lazy and pay some union dues you've gotta be a center manager or just quit if it so bad here you freeloading teamsters haters make me sick

Wow, can you feel the love tonight?

I am sure if most of you lived in my shoes you would do the same thing. I cant handle another job, this one takes too much out of me to muster up the energy, even for a cake job. I spend all day after a shift sleeping. The amount of calories and wear and tear on the body needs to managed threw care and insight. I eat, sleep and relax a lot and yet still feel the soreness and stiffness.

I cant believe the outrage and conversation starting topic of this thread ended up with such hate. And maybe you should look at yourselves and realize you bring out the worst in humanity by even displaying hate itself. Hate is a strong word, action and feeling. You guys need to learn what love, forgiveness and caring really are. I still love and forgive all of you, it matters to me in eithics I do so. Yet I feel as you guys will always be scared with the mark of hate. You are the angry bulls in the china shop.

As for hating the teamsters, its more like I careless for them. They do good things, but manage to do twice as much bad for us in return.

" rawr rawr rawr teamsters rawr rawr rawr " I love you all.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I dont want it, I was only saying you have the right to choose. You drive, correct, your income can handle it. As for mine, I cant take on even a dollar a week for the charity. Not to menction how silly that place is, it goes against my judgement.

The sympathy is what eveyone at UPS will give us. Sure, perhaps I will feel the same someday, but I will never forget where I came from. I want to make it and pay dues, but its not going to happen until that moment comes.

I spent 5 years doing the same thing, and feel as if ill being doing it for atleast another 5. I dont need anyone feeling sorry for my choices in life. Just worry about yourselves. As a conservative, I feel anyone has a chance and a choice to make it in life. Its only how bad one wants it, how willing they are to go and grab it.
​I paid dues as a part time too and it was the only job I had.

Re-Raise

How much did the rifle cost ORLY ? I don't feel sorry for you that you are broke. I feel you make selfish short-sighted decisions, like many others.

I think you are about as successful in life right now as you are ever going to be after reading your posts.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Only a small portion of Disney World employee groups are union, and they earn significantly higher wages than their non-union peers. Gee, I wonder why? (It's an excellent example of the powers of a union when people voluntarily join & PAY dues to compensate higher wages.) If you joined the union, paid your dues and voted, think of the impact you and your peers would have on correcting the imbalance within UPS.

Like I said, go earn $7.80/hour & no benefits at Walmart, Publix or Disney World.

Disney has a union and yet they get treated far worse then any of us do. They have a paying system like ours and get rasies. My father in law works there, have been for a long time and he makes 30$ an hour part time.

Funny, sad and a true story. He was working at a food stand, my father in law. The park was closing and they were getting ready to clean up and throw the food away. Well one of them was in college, and always hungry. So he gave him a pretzel, a sup saw him do it and fired him on the spot. They were going to throw them away anyways. He got his job back in a few days.

I really dont think you pay for me. Rather, you pay for your own and I choose to stay the hell out of the conversation and look back in speculation as to why you guys cave so hard each and ever time.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I STRONGLY disagree with that idea. Section 8, Welfare, Food stamps, abusing unemployment, that all falls under democratic methods.

Walmart pays most of its FT workers an average of $18,000/year without benefits and spends millions each year "lobbying" conservative politicians that it can't afford to pay more, despite the fact that its management is among the highest paid in the country and multiple Waltons sit atop the list of the wealthiest persons in the world. Then when these workers seek aid for food, housing & medical care, the Rush Limbaugh tells us we should be outraged. Meanwhile, he stuffs thousands of dollars of junk food into his mouth each week...........

bryanturner100

whatever its not about hate Its about being apart of something bigger than you its about standing up to big companies that would pay you a 1.00 if they could get away with its about the people that came before you and the people that will come after and for the record i live in a rtw state and have 2union jobs work about 14 hours a day with about including 2 hours in the car "your lazy" been working 2jobs 6 years and you want to know why because I realize the opportunity that UPS and the Union gives us to make a living wage where you don't have to kill yourself to get by you know what you do have the right to work somewhere else and why don't you and give someone who will actually appreciate their job and the opportunity they will have to go full time there's a reason why you been part time for so long because they just don't hand out 100,000 dollar jobs with with pensions and benefits Jesus go somewhere else already wait here's an idea you sound like an intelligent guy why don't you go out and start your own business that way you can hire a bunch of people and pay them 5 bucks an hour and you can keep all the money for yourself

Last edited:

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
How much did the rifle cost ORLY ? I don't feel sorry for you that you are broke. I feel you make selfish short-sighted decisions, like many others.

I think you are about as successful in life right now as you are ever going to be after reading your posts.

That rifle cost me around 1100, that is because I can save money even with a small paycheck. As for welfare, you cant save it, it must be spent or returned. May I ask you all a question? May I live the American dream as I please and given praise for it? Silly I have to ask to do so from you guys, so may I? Is it ok? Can I work hard and earn a fair living? I want to be well off someday, and I'm workin on it, so please dont count me out man.

Great dill, I am glad and happy you paid as part time, its your choice. But money is money, I cant afford to let any of it go. I will buy what I want to buy with it, cause I earned it far and square. This is why Right to work was made, to let those who cannot manage the loss of wage, I pay enough in taxes to feel just by not paying dues. I work for UPS, not the teamsters. The contract is only a set of guidelines that UPS follows. Yet how often do we read on this site from old and new workers that UPS breaks them all the time. Its a failure on the union workers and shop steward to stop such things. It doesnt feel right to pay for something that doesnt work, in my opinion. Would you fill a broken down car with gas? I wouldnt!

As for bagels .. Social programs in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia check mate!

Walmart pays people as they wish to, they are a company after all. 18,000 for a 40 hour a week job is rather sad, yet its their right to choose to pay people that amount. You and the unions have no say otherwise, let freedom of choice matter and mind your buisness on their buisness.

People always cheer for Clinton for having fewer people on welfare. Yet that was a little white lie. Since he gave more to families in money and food to let them be written off the list of being on welfare while still being on welfare. Thus being paid better then I, given free food and medical care which you and I pay for. I dont see any of you screaming and ranting about this one. Pretty much, they are also freeloaders on you, yet you say nothing. Pick your battles better, friend.

jaker

trolling

Wow, can you feel the love tonight?

I am sure if most of you lived in my shoes you would do the same thing. I cant handle another job, this one takes too much out of me to muster up the energy, even for a cake job. I spend all day after a shift sleeping. The amount of calories and wear and tear on the body needs to managed threw care and insight. I eat, sleep and relax a lot and yet still feel the soreness and stiffness.

did you really just say this you lazy no paying dues ups worker all the crap you have being putting out of your mouth just made since

sorry to tell you most of us know exectly where and how you feel doing this job , but we MAN up because we want more for us and our families , i worked PT for 5 years and had 2 jobs ( and one point had 3 jobs ) the whole time i wished i could have just work PT a whole 4 hours and you think its hard now you have no idea what being a driver is

at this point now you are a whiny little something i wont say on here , but good luck in life you are going to need it with your so called i work to hard and i get burnt out after 3 hours and cant do anything else for the rest of the 20 hours in the day

bryanturner100

1 more thing if you can't even make it through 1 part time shift or a week working part time what makes you think you're going to be able to make it as a driver when they're forcing you to work 11 12 hours a day and then when they're doing that running you into the ground which I don't think you'll make it who are you going to go running 2 to help you the evil teamsters Union exactly shut up already and once again I'm sure you could cut something out of your lifestyle to pay 30 dollars a month and show some respect to the union workers that fought for the job you go to today you're the reason why there's a decline in union membership because it's bunch of Union people paying the way for people who just want a free ride and you are right because I am angry because my family my dad my wife's dad my wife my wife's brother have all been fighting for decent Union pay their whole lives so yeah there's a reason why all these people are mad because they're actually not afraid to stand up and fight for what they deserve while you just stand by and cry about how you can't pay union dues and you can't get another job but you reap all the benefits if the job is so hard why don't you just go into to management there's plenty of opportunities for part timers

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
whatever its not about hate Italy about being apart of something bigger than you its about standing up to big companies that would pay you a 1.00 if they could get away with its about the people that came before you and the people that will come after and for the record i live in a rtw state and have 2union jobs work about 14 hours a day with about including 2 hours in the car "your lazy" been working 2jobs 6 years and you want to know why because I realize the opportunity that UPS and the Union gives us to make a living wage where you don't have to kill yourself to get by you know what you do have the right to work somewhere else and why don't you and give someone who will actually appreciate their job and the opportunity they will have to go full time there's a reason why you been part time for so long because they just don't hand out 100,000 dollar jobs with with pensions and benefits Jesus go somewhere else already wait here's an idea you sound like an intelligent guy why don't you go out and start your own business that way you can hire a bunch of people and pay them 5 bucks an hour and you can keep all the money for yourself

Again, its ethics that apply, I will do what I feel is right. I've been PT for so long because we have a huge work force. Made a friend with a 22.3 semi driver when I spotted him at my local walmart. In time, recently actually, he told me he spent 20 years here as a PT worker. And for 7 years, a total of 27 years, has been driving the feeders. Its a great story and fills me with hope and pride that he did so make it. I know of people working part time here for over 25 years, 16, 11 and ten years.

As starting my buisness, it has crossed my mind. I would pay my workers somewhat well, yet couldnt afford medical or programs until I could do so. I would honor them with those perks if I could. Personally, I believe every worker should get paid well and taken care of, but only if they can afford it. And again, its ok walmart does what it does. Its a free market and not illegal.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

did you really just say this you lazy no paying dues ups worker all the crap you have being putting out of your mouth just made since

sorry to tell you most of us know exectly where and how you feel doing this job , but we MAN up because we want more for us and our families , i worked PT for 5 years and had 2 jobs ( and one point had 3 jobs ) the whole time i wished i could have just work PT a whole 4 hours and you think its hard now you have no idea what being a driver is

at this point now you are a whiny little something i wont say on here , but good luck in life you are going to need it with your so called i work to hard and i get burnt out after 3 hours and cant do anything else for the rest of the 20 hours in the day

Im working near 5 hours each and everyday. Get about 24 hours a week, which is great, wish I could get more hours though. Soon, I will get to have more. The whole 5 hours I am working, of course I take a 10-15 mintue break. Start to finish I am moving quickly, doing eregs, charging and maybe helping other preloaders. I like the feeling of being tired after work. I feel that I could smash the driving job easily, a lot of my drivers say I would be great at it, but I have no idea. I just dont care the way the loads look by other preloaders. And yet, in time, feel would be a cake job. In my opinion, believe I was made to drive. But lack the motivation to do so. Still signing those bid sheets.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
1 more thing if you can't even make it through 1 part time shift or a week working part time what makes you think you're going to be able to make it as a driver when they're forcing you to work 11 12 hours a day and then when they're doing that running you into the ground which I don't think you'll make it who are you going to go running 2 to help you the evil teamsters Union exactly shut up already and once again I'm sure you could cut something out of your lifestyle to pay 30 dollars a month and show some respect to the union workers that fought for the job you go to today you're the reason why there's a decline in union membership because it's bunch of Union people paying the way for people who just want a free ride and you are right because I am angry because my family my dad my wife's dad my wife my wife's brother have all been fighting for decent Union pay their whole lives so yeah there's a reason why all these people are mad because they're actually not afraid to stand up and fight for what they deserve while you just stand by and cry about how you can't pay union dues and you can't get another job but you reap all the benefits if the job is so hard why don't you just go into to management there's plenty of opportunities for part timers

Management is a dead end road that isnt worth it. I swore up and down never to do it.

Its like you guys want to beat me to the ground, take my wallet and spit on me as you leave. As I said, may I keep what I earn? A freeride that I work so hard at, eh? Doesnt sound right to me, take my blood and beat me to the ground and yet I will rise and rise again and again.

I forgive you all for your indoctrination. I hope someday you all can break free from it and others.

Returntosender

You were made to drive? Tell your center manager those words. There is a saying in them driver ranks. The job/route demands pick the driver/employee. Not the driver/employee picks the jobs. Try out for a car washer if your body is all beat up and spent.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Again, its ethics that apply, I will do what I feel is right. I've been PT for so long because we have a huge work force. Made a friend with a 22.3 semi driver when I spotted him at my local walmart. In time, recently actually, he told me he spent 20 years here as a PT worker. And for 7 years, a total of 27 years, has been driving the feeders. Its a great story and fills me with hope and pride that he did so make it. I know of people working part time here for over 25 years, 16, 11 and ten years.

As starting my buisness, it has crossed my mind. I would pay my workers somewhat well, yet couldnt afford medical or programs until I could do so. I would honor them with those perks if I could. Personally, I believe every worker should get paid well and taken care of, but only if they can afford it. And again, its ok walmart does what it does. Its a free market and not illegal.

LOL, absolute B.S. You're trying to insist that in Orlando, FL, people hired in the mid-1980s are still waiting to go FT? Metro Orlando had a population of less than 1M in the mid-1980s and has more than doubled to 2.2M today. Not to mention that the current local business community was developed almost entirely during that time frame.

I'm going to call B.S. once again. Do us all a favor and take a job with Walmart, please -- you'll fit right in. Hey, maybe you can be a greeter!

bryanturner100

I've been sitting here thinking why because I actually care enjoying my grandkids on a Saturday afternoon you keep coming up with all these clever things about your situation but the fact of the matter is that if someone was to do something so great that it would change your life forever wouldn't you feel indebted to that person I hope you would and I hope you will never turn your back on that person or take advantage of them well I think of the Teamsters as the person that did something to change your life and think of you not paying union dues as the part where you turn your back on them just trying to get across the point and give you a different perspective on how people feel about it ethics also includes doing what's right not just about what you believe is right because sometimes your wrong think about it and quit trying to defend yourself real teamsters and real union people would lay down their lives for the fight that we are in it is a war against big business and it is a war against what is right for the people and their families who make these companies millions don't give in your fear and getting the fight

Last edited: