396 meeting Sunday June 2, 2013

Wow!!! Andy couldn't even make the meeting at his own Local in Phoenix!!! Probably too busy looking for the magical "carve out" insurance plan

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
TOS what are you promising?

Ok, lets make it "real". First, I am a dues paying member ( like you are) and I am not on the negotiation committee so I cannot make you a promise about contractual issues. What I can promise you however, is the following:

First, "I" promise to stand by you and my fellow brothers and sisters to hold the company and union accountable for negotiating a "fair" and equitable contract that we can live with for 5 years. If you are willing to make the sacrifice with those members who do not like the conditions of this contract, then I can promise you that we will convince "our" local officers to represent our interests before "their" own.

"I" can promise you that together, we can have our message heard and understood and FORCE the Union to go back and get TOUGH instead of weak. "I" can promise you that collectively, we can convince the company, whether by striking them or submitting a counter offer that best represents our interests in the future.

"I" can promise you that I will "feel" the "pain" as you will if volume drops and people are layed off. "I" can promise you that "I" will help out my brothers and sisters closest to me that become financially troubled with a work stoppage by getting them jobs elsewhere.

HOWEVER,

"I" can GUARANTEE you that if this contract is ratified in its current condition, then "I" will personally campaign against the current administration and hold them accountable for the contract. In the last 8 years, a few have tried to run against the current local officers and failed. The reasons are simple. The members really didnt have a reason to make a change. No matter what was said, it wasnt enough to justify removing our local officers.

Next time around, there WILL BE a legitimate reason to remove them ALL. It wont take a rocket scientist to figure out how to run against them. Starting January 1st 2014, EVERYONE will be affected by the C6 plan and expenditures will begin in the same month. By the time the election rolls around, some members will have spent ALOT more money than they ever have on medical costs and those people are going to be pissed.

IF you look at just numbers (and i have predicted accurately the last three elections in our local) Ron H is going to be in real trouble. Shaking hands , smiles, hats and shirts wont be enough to save his tenure.

Since he first won office, every election he has LOST votes. From over 2750 until now, 1950, he has lost almost 1000 votes. On the other hand, his opposition has GAINED votes over that same time period. The consistent "dissent" vote is now averaging 900 votes. So, lets do the math.

1950 minus 900 is 1050. Now, you factor in all the disgruntled rubbish employees who have attempted to de certify local 396, and an opponent can gain 400 votes. That takes Ron down to 1550 and the "dissent" votes to 1300. The difference at that point is 250. 250 votes in a huge local.

Now, factor in 7000 angry UPS teamsters and estimate that 50% will actually vote and that represents 3500 votes. If those 3500 votes want to hold the local responsible for the contract and can be reminded for the whole year how they got into this mess, then what will happen to Ron H?

An election always comes down to "what have you done for me lately". And with this contract, 7000 UPS teamsters will have their answer to that question. When Ron H won office, Danny Bruno was in the same mess. Danny won office with a large margin, then screwed the members with bad decisions and poor representation.

At the time, the membership held Danny B. Responsible for ALL their troubles in the yards and they voted him out. Danny B. recieved less than 400 votes when he lost office.

Once the membership speaks, and the local doesnt respond, then that same membership will speak with their vote. Ron H is in that boat at the moment, and its clear at this point, that his loyalty is with the brass of the Teamsters and not with the membership. Many upon many members have told Ron that they do not like the contract or its impact on insurance, yet RON has done nothing to stand out from the Teamster brass to protect us in local 396.

Ron has simply gone along with the program as our benefits are systematically destroyed.

Theres an old saying that applies at the moment Brother Brown, "UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL".

The union has divided us and all that is left is to hit the ground.

That "I" promise you.

Peace

TOS

LagunaBrown

Ok, lets make it "real". First, I am a dues paying member ( like you are) and I am not on the negotiation committee so I cannot make you a promise about contractual issues. What I can promise you however, is the following:

First, "I" promise to stand by you and my fellow brothers and sisters to hold the company and union accountable for negotiating a "fair" and equitable contract that we can live with for 5 years. If you are willing to make the sacrifice with those members who do not like the conditions of this contract, then I can promise you that we will convince "our" local officers to represent our interests before "their" own.

"I" can promise you that together, we can have our message heard and understood and FORCE the Union to go back and get TOUGH instead of weak. "I" can promise you that collectively, we can convince the company, whether by striking them or submitting a counter offer that best represents our interests in the future.

"I" can promise you that I will "feel" the "pain" as you will if volume drops and people are layed off. "I" can promise you that "I" will help out my brothers and sisters closest to me that become financially troubled with a work stoppage by getting them jobs elsewhere.

HOWEVER,

"I" can GUARANTEE you that if this contract is ratified in its current condition, then "I" will personally campaign against the current administration and hold them accountable for the contract. In the last 8 years, a few have tried to run against the current local officers and failed. The reasons are simple. The members really didnt have a reason to make a change. No matter what was said, it wasnt enough to justify removing our local officers.

Next time around, there WILL BE a legitimate reason to remove them ALL. It wont take a rocket scientist to figure out how to run against them. Starting January 1st 2014, EVERYONE will be affected by the C6 plan and expenditures will begin in the same month. By the time the election rolls around, some members will have spent ALOT more money than they ever have on medical costs and those people are going to be pissed.

IF you look at just numbers (and i have predicted accurately the last three elections in our local) Ron H is going to be in real trouble. Shaking hands , smiles, hats and shirts wont be enough to save his tenure.

Since he first won office, every election he has LOST votes. From over 2750 until now, 1950, he has lost almost 1000 votes. On the other hand, his opposition has GAINED votes over that same time period. The consistent "dissent" vote is now averaging 900 votes. So, lets do the math.

1950 minus 900 is 1050. Now, you factor in all the disgruntled rubbish employees who have attempted to de certify local 396, and an opponent can gain 400 votes. That takes Ron down to 1550 and the "dissent" votes to 1300. The difference at that point is 250. 250 votes in a huge local.

Now, factor in 7000 angry UPS teamsters and estimate that 50% will actually vote and that represents 3500 votes. If those 3500 votes want to hold the local responsible for the contract and can be reminded for the whole year how they got into this mess, then what will happen to Ron H?

An election always comes down to "what have you done for me lately". And with this contract, 7000 UPS teamsters will have their answer to that question. When Ron H won office, Danny Bruno was in the same mess. Danny won office with a large margin, then screwed the members with bad decisions and poor representation.

At the time, the membership held Danny B. Responsible for ALL their troubles in the yards and they voted him out. Danny B. recieved less than 400 votes when he lost office.

Once the membership speaks, and the local doesnt respond, then that same membership will speak with their vote. Ron H is in that boat at the moment, and its clear at this point, that his loyalty is with the brass of the Teamsters and not with the membership. Many upon many members have told Ron that they do not like the contract or its impact on insurance, yet RON has done nothing to stand out from the Teamster brass to protect us in local 396.

Ron has simply gone along with the program as our benefits are systematically destroyed.

Theres an old saying that applies at the moment Brother Brown, "UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL".

The union has divided us and all that is left is to hit the ground.

That "I" promise you.

Peace

TOS

Well Brother I will see Andy M this weekend and make my final decision soon after. Take care

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Walk us through it smart guy. Dig that hole as deep as you want.
I just checked out the lm-2 for the last year on record which is 2011. Seems that local 104 had incoming money of $4,093,884 and total expenditures of $4,358,512. So they lost about roughly $260,000.00 for the year ending 2011. Sounds like evil is onto something. Also, I find it odd that 2012 wasn't listed on the governments website when most of the other locals LM-2 are listed.

rpoz11

LB : Good Luck N maneuvering thru his rhetorical BS.
Just ask your members in your center what they believe
Maybe bring a steward allows you a mulligan

Evil

I just checked out the lm-2 for the last year on record which is 2011. Seems that local 104 had incoming money of $4,093,884 and total expenditures of $4,358,512. So they lost about roughly $260,000.00 for the year ending 2011. Sounds like evil is onto something. Also, I find it odd that 2012 wasn't listed on the governments website when most of the other locals LM-2 are listed.

Thank you brother realbrown1. That is correct about Andy M's expenditures.

104Feeder, here is the link to the LM-2 reports: Organization Query Page (Disclosure)
When you get to this page and see Union Name by Abbreviation scroll to IBT-Teamsters; if you want to see his salary for his position as Chair of the Western Conference go down to Union Type and scroll down to International then click submit; click on the 2012 year and scroll down all the way to MARSHALL, ANDREW where it states he made $42,973.

If you want the Local 104 report under Union Name by Abbreviation scroll to IBT-Teamsters, then go down to Union Type and scroll down to Local; after that under Designation Number write in 104 and hit the submit button. Scroll down to Box 35 and you'll see that Andy M overspent $260,000 in 2011--the last year reported by Local 104. His salary for Local 104 was a healthy $131,118 that year. To check out the finances of Joint Council 3 under Union Name by Abbreviation scroll to IBT-Teamsters, then go just a little bit down and under Designation Name scroll down to Joint Council; follow below and under Designation Number punch the number 3. Once your in the report scroll down to Box 35 you will see that he spent $12,526 more dollars than the Joint Council 3 took in for the year 2012. If you scroll a little further down you will see that Andy M drew a third salary from Joint Council 3 of $13,400 for the year 2012.

Feeder104, I'm happy to have been of help to you and have proven that I'm not a liar, but simply a union reformer that cares about my contract and my union.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Well Brother I will see Andy M this weekend and make my final decision soon after. Take care

Yes, when he tells you to file a "SUPERVISOR WORKING GRIEVANCE" in order to pay your deductibles and copays, then you know youre screwed. 396 hasnt won a sup working case in almost a year.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Brother Marshall isnt to blame. He is only dealing us the cards he was dealt by the International. IF Hoffa/Hall had any ballz, they would come here and tell us themselves. Instead, they find, goold ole' andy to do the dance while we sit and watch.

BTW, hey stink? You finally realize your not getting the enhancements yet in your local? Or is your B.A. still filling your head with helium?

Also, congrats to local 89 executive board, for unanimously voting to REJECT the contract! Thats how you stand up for your members while risking yourself, instead of selling out your members.

All the other principle officers, like H are busy hiding from the members.

On last note on the contract meeting last Sunday. Not only did Ron H attempt to deflect the heat to his surrogate Brother Marshall, at NO TIME during the meeting, did Ron H HIMSELF, nor did the president Jay Phillips take the podium and recommend a YES vote on the contract.

Doesnt ANYONE in local 396 find it ODD in the least, that neither of these men took the time to ask the membership to VOTE YES OR NO on the contract? Wasnt this suppose to be the local 396 contract review or was it the 104 contract review?

You would think if Ron H believed this was a good contract offer, he would take the time to step up to the microphone and promote the contract as written. Instead, he remained silent and let Brother Marshall advise us to file a "supervisor working grievance" to cover our losses..

Think about it.

Peace

TOS

LagunaBrown

LB : Good Luck N maneuvering thru his rhetorical BS.
Just ask your members in your center what they believe
Maybe bring a steward allows you a mulligan

I don't need to lead any charge for a yes or no vote. I only need to follow the hearts of the members on how they vote . These are my friends, brothers and equals. As long as everyone is informed and know the consequences of their vote I am satisfied. It is all about taking ownership to accept the results. If you want to play it safe on the green and settle for par so be it. If you want to take risk and land in a bunker or in the drink then you chose to do it. Hell, you may just get a hole in one but there are no mulligans here brother and don't insinuate I would take one either. Be your own man and worry about yourself big boy.

realbrown1

I don't need to lead any charge for a yes or no vote. I only need to follow the hearts of the members on how they vote . These are my friends, brothers and equals. As long as everyone is informed and know the consequences of their vote I am satisfied. It is all about taking ownership to accept the results. If you want to play it safe on the green and settle for par so be it. If you want to take risk and land in a bunker or in the drink then you chose to do it. Hell, you may just get a hole in one but there are no mulligans here brother and don't insinuate I would take one either. Be your own man and worry about yourself big boy.
You sound like another OG Cheerleader. Another ME-firster.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Thank you brother realbrown1. That is correct about Andy M's expenditures.

104Feeder, here is the link to the LM-2 reports: Organization Query Page (Disclosure)
When you get to this page and see Union Name by Abbreviation scroll to IBT-Teamsters; if you want to see his salary for his position as Chair of the Western Conference go down to Union Type and scroll down to International then click submit; click on the 2012 year and scroll down all the way to MARSHALL, ANDREW where it states he made $42,973.

If you want the Local 104 report under Union Name by Abbreviation scroll to IBT-Teamsters, then go down to Union Type and scroll down to Local; after that under Designation Number write in 104 and hit the submit button. Scroll down to Box 35 and you'll see that Andy M overspent $260,000 in 2011--the last year reported by Local 104. His salary for Local 104 was a healthy $131,118 that year. To check out the finances of Joint Council 3 under Union Name by Abbreviation scroll to IBT-Teamsters, then go just a little bit down and under Designation Name scroll down to Joint Council; follow below and under Designation Number punch the number 3. Once your in the report scroll down to Box 35 you will see that he spent $12,526 more dollars than the Joint Council 3 took in for the year 2012. If you scroll a little further down you will see that Andy M drew a third salary from Joint Council 3 of $13,400 for the year 2012.

Feeder104, I'm happy to have been of help to you and have proven that I'm not a liar, but simply a union reformer that cares about my contract and my union.

You are lying by omission, the LM-2 does not tell the whole story, just the illusion of impropriety that you want to infer. TELL THE WHOLE STORY if you know so much. There is a big fat clue right there in the LM-2 that anyone with even a cursory grasp of current events Nationally & in the Phoenix area should know what is going on. This has been disclosed at every monthly meeting. TELL THE WHOLE STORY or STFU.

And just stop already with the multiple salary red herring. He's doing multiple jobs and no one here is raising any issues about how much he is being paid. He's done a lot for our Local & we have a lot more clout than we probably deserve given our membership in this sorry RTW State. I wouldn't trade jobs with him or any of our BA's unless I was fired from UPS (and then I would have to really think about it).

Evil

104Feeder, the fact that Local 104 and JC 3 overspent more money than it took in is in Box 35 of those Department of Labor (Federal Documents) LM-2 reports. So don't call me a liar. It's not my fault that you don't know how to read them or you naively choose to believe what our greedy hofficers tell us.

Evil

Feeder 104, Andy M was at Local 63 two weeks ago, 396 last week and will be at 952 this Saturday. Everyone down here in Southern California knows that Local 63 and Local 952 have the worse financial record in the Western Conference. These two locals make Andy M look like the Chief Editor of The Economist.

realbrown1

Yes, when he tells you to file a "SUPERVISOR WORKING GRIEVANCE" in order to pay your deductibles and copays, then you know youre screwed. 396 hasnt won a sup working case in almost a year.

Peace

TOS
TOS, Laguna is a YES man. I have read enough from him to know that. He may say that he hasn't made up his mind, but in the end, he will back what the union leaders want. End of story.

realbrown1

You are lying by omission, the LM-2 does not tell the whole story, just the illusion of impropriety that you want to infer. TELL THE WHOLE STORY if you know so much. There is a big fat clue right there in the LM-2 that anyone with even a cursory grasp of current events Nationally & in the Phoenix area should know what is going on. This has been disclosed at every monthly meeting. TELL THE WHOLE STORY or STFU.

And just stop already with the multiple salary red herring. He's doing multiple jobs and no one here is raising any issues about how much he is being paid. He's done a lot for our Local & we have a lot more clout than we probably deserve given our membership in this sorry RTW State. I wouldn't trade jobs with him or any of our BA's unless I was fired from UPS (and then I would have to really think about it).
How it is mis-leading to say from the LM-2 reports that local 104 ran $260,000.00 in the red for the year ending Dec 31, 2011?
Is there some other way to look at that which I do not know about?