6:1 Ratio

MC0493

I know there is another thread of nearly the same title, but the information doesn't answer my question.

My center supposedly is looking to hire 6 casuals after peak. The more i think about it the more i realize this seems impossible with the whole 6:1 inside/outside ratio. Am i thinking right or would a casual technically be considered an inside hire? If they're making things up then whatever, on to the next thing when i'm booted.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
There is no casual language anymore. They are a part time cover. 6 to 1 is 6 part time to 1 outside hire. If it's to the one outside hire. You may need to wait till that is filled. But., most quit. If your nextt in line to drive is a good thing

3 done 3 to go

I'm in upstate. Our supplement has no casual language. If your already pt. You need to be the most senior to be offered a driving job. Otherwise they will have you as a cover driver.

3 done 3 to go

Alright not sure where i'd fall as i'm just a seasonal driver, bit of a gray area i guess.

Talk with your steward. Find out where you are on the list. Seasonal? You've got years of trying. Persistance is the way to go. Get inside , your time will be half

Alright not sure where i'd fall as i'm just a seasonal driver, bit of a gray area i guess.
A seasonal doesn't fall under the 6 part of the 6/1. You would have to be the 1. If they are telling you they are hiring all six I'd bet they are blowing smoke up your rear.

MC0493

The more i thought about it the more i figured it was bs. But old timers in the building insist people need to be hired due to alot of retirements. But maybe even thats bs too.

The more i thought about it the more i figured it was bs. But old timers in the building insist people need to be hired due to alot of retirements. But maybe even thats bs too.
It could happen. It's probably not like they are saying though. Ups will tell the good ones they will be hiring a lot and keep you on the line. It could take a year. If you get the job after 4 years you can make 100k plus about 40g more in benefits.

Man Of Brown

The only way that would happen is if there aren't any pt insiders who want to drive. If they hire 6 people from off the street and there are insiders that are waiting to drive, there will be grievances filed pretty quickly.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Real 6:1
giphy.gif

MC0493

^ To my knowledge that is how it would work. Center manager said today during the pcm that they will be hiring and hopefully with no lay offs. There is/was 15 of us, pick the best i guess.