$70 a share...sorry ,but im excited

klein

Für Meno :)
Saw a call for a target price of $83 today. I hope it gets there quick. I don't want to see it go down.........unless you were doing options or something I can't see why you'd want the pice to fall. That's like rooting for your home team to lose!

Actually, not true, because I been there when the Nasdaq was at 1900 and below, put more then half my weeks wages in it per week.
And that sure helped me out big time. I basically can't lose now.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Actually, not true, because I been there when the Nasdaq was at 1900 and below, put more then half my weeks wages in it per week.
And that sure helped me out big time. I basically can't lose now.

....and with the addition of your weenie-mobile you're unstoppable!!!! GOOOOO CANADA!!

klein

Weenies won't make a years living worth until next year.
Unlike southern states, I can't sell a single 1 here in late Fall, winter, or early Spring :( Too damm cold !

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Saw a call for a target price of $83 today. I hope it gets there quick. I don't want to see it go down.........unless you were doing options or something I can't see why you'd want the pice to fall. That's like rooting for your home team to lose!

no, it isnt like rooting for your home to lose by any means. It is simply the chance to buy a well respected stock at a bargain price. The stock itself hasnt increased in value as many thought it would,but the dividends per share have steadily risen. UPS stock is the only one in my portfolio to consistently pay quarterly dividends as well as increase the dividend amount. I relish the chance to buy more shares at a lower price!
as a man much wiser than me once said "Buy low and Sell High"

satellitedriver

UPS stock is the only one in my portfolio to consistently pay quarterly dividends as well as increase the dividend amount. I relish the chance to buy more shares at a lower price!
Maybe, you should put that relish on one of klein's hotdogs.:happy-very:
Here is one of my dividend stocks that increased value today, during the down turn.
http://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE:MWE&hl=en
Check out the dividend percentage payout
, plus the growth compared to when UPS went public in 1999.
The beauty is that this stock is a MLP and 90% of the dividend is tax free.
Just food for thought.

brown bomber

brown bomber
sorry to bust everyones bubble, but I sold a large portion of my UPS stock a few weeks ago @ 74.40..........just before all of the crap hit the fan....I had a sell at 75.00, missed it earlier this year..........decided that now was the time.........even though some "professionals" indicate the stock to reach $85.00, this price has been indicated in the past, however it hasn't sniffed this price........maybe if the price keeps collapsing, I will be a buyer
;:

satellitedriver

sorry to bust everyones bubble, but I sold a large portion of my UPS stock a few weeks ago @ 74.40..........just before all of the crap hit the fan....I had a sell at 75.00, missed it earlier this year..........decided that now was the time.........even though some "professionals" indicate the stock to reach $85.00, this price has been indicated in the past, however it hasn't sniffed this price........maybe if the price keeps collapsing, I will be a buyer
;:
Good job, BB.
Hope you bought it under the employee discount.
Take care.

moreluck

golden ticket member
;:

Will you have big tax consequences?

klein

No, but I did a lot of trading in my life. Here capital gain taxes are 30% from stocks.
So, if someone earns $1000 by selling shares at a profit - $300 of that goes towards taxes - still leaves a net profit of $700.
Or, like I said, just re-invest and get more shares for your money, and don't pay a dime on taxes.

Or better even yet : Just buy back the same shares at 20% lower costs, keep the 20% as profit, and give the government it's little share of that.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This isn't HERE!!! This is the USA and no one cares what Canada rates are.

And, sometimes when people sell stock it can cost them tens of thousands of $$$ in tax consequences ........so "give the gov't their little bit", doesn't apply here. I don't consider tens of thousands of $$$ "a little bit".

satellitedriver

He can re-invest it this tax year, and won't pay a dime on capital gain taxes. His profit :20% more shares for his same money.
If he bought under the employee discount program plan, the discount percentage received will be taxed as regular income and the gain is taxed at capital gain rates.
As far as I know, there is no re-investment incentive in this years USA Tax Code.

clueless

Tough to look at the market...401 (k)..UPS Stock...speaking of dividend...should we be hearing something? Does anyone know when the board meets?

The BoD announced it was maintaining the dividend at 52 cents:

Chicago, August 11, 2011

...The Board also declared a regular quarterly dividend of $0.52 per share on all outstanding Class A and Class B shares. The dividend is payable Sept. 7, 2011, to shareholders of record on Aug. 22, 2011....