8 hour requests are a joke here.

By The Book

We have 1 driver who had 18 of his 20 “8 hour” requests violated[he was dispatched with 9.5 days]...How’s THAT for HONOR? At least he made MAD penalty money.
The way I see it is they don't have to honor them, they just have to pay when they don't, if all criteria is met.

OPTION3

The way I see it is they don't have to honor them, they just have to pay when they don't, if all criteria is met.
ABSOLUTELY...but why not just deny it? Instead they tell a driver he/she is approved...said driver makes plans.....then has to cancel them when ups decides not to HONOR them......This is why some drivers turn them in on days when they know the company can not honor them...for more money. It just fosters an environment of “ill-will”...such tripe

OPTION3

My experience is they do all they can to honor them.

I couldn't/wouldn't work 30 years in a hostile center.

Resident know-it-all.
Thats a lot of your problem...you think all of UPS is “Rainbows and Unicorns” like it is in your center....Just know that some of your CHERISHED supervisors are real NAZI’S...that usually don’t last but a couple of years.

OPTION3

As I said before----18 of 20 NOT honored....and the guy was dispatched with 9.5 or better days on each of those days......Is that doing all they can for honoring them? Chyeah right

By The Book

Oh...he filed and won each one......Sometimes I think people do not know what it is like to work in a truly “Hostile” center...One where management does everything possible to make the environment as unpleasant as possible. I couldn’t care less, I Just wish they would follow the contract...plain and simple.
I think most would agree to your last statement.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thats a lot of your problem...you think all of UPS is “Rainbows and Unicorns” like it is in your center....Just know that some of your CHERISHED supervisors are real NAZI’S...that usually don’t last but a couple of years.

There has been very little turnover on both sides in the 25 years I have worked here. Those who did lose their jobs, for whatever reason, deserved to lose them.

Resident know-it-all.

I got paid for 17 of them.

Number 18 I traded half of the penalty pay,to get rid of a BS warning letter.

I wasnt going to file number 18,I was over by a minute.
But my oc,wanted to give me a stupid warning letter...so I filed.

center manager,said I will drop your warning letter,if you drop your grievance.

I said no deal,give the letter and my free beer money!

Ened up,no warning letter(which I should have never got) and 1 hour of penalty pay!...lmao

OPTION3

I got paid for 17 of them.

Number 18 I traded half of the penalty pay,to get rid of a BS warning letter.

I wasnt going to file number 18,I was over by a minute.
But my oc,wanted to give me a stupid warning letter...so I filed.

center manager,said I will drop your warning letter,if you drop your grievance.

I said no deal,give the letter and my free beer money!

Ened up,no warning letter(which I should have never got) and 1 hour of penalty pay!...lmao
Beautiful....See some Drivers DO work with management...The RIGHT way!

Last edited:

OPTION3

There has been very little turnover on both sides in the 25 years I have worked here. Those who did lose their jobs, for whatever reason, deserved to lose them.

Resident know-it-all.
Upstate...I Don’t know you....But in my 28 years...25 of which I have been a steward...I have met your type(only basing this on things you have said on this forum)...Frankly you sicken me. Your constant subversion and dividing comments are of the worst nature. Just come out and say how much you hate the UNION that won you some of the top pay and benefits in the industry......Don’t hide it

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't know you but I have met your type before. You like to hide behind the contract and work harder trying to get out of work than you do when you actually do work. I have no respect for people like you and will no longer interact with you on this forum.

Resident know-it-all.

OPTION3

There is a difference in what I’ve did....and what guys like you do. I’ve was before a panel of management AND union members.....In the light. Side deal people--go in the office....with management only....and make deals, that subvert or flatly go against the contract....In the dark........Dirty,Dirty,Dirty....plain and simple

OPTION3

I don't know you but I have met your type before. You like to hide behind the contract and work harder trying to get out of work than you do when you actually do work. I have no respect for people like you and will no longer interact with you on this forum.

Resident know-it-all.
“Hide behind the contract”---always the argument of the weak minded scab. Forcing one party to honor the contract THEY approved is hiding?---so feeble