8 hour requests are a joke here.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I found it the other night.

While I don't have it in front me right this second I believe you can only file if your load isn't adjusted after the approval of an 8 hr. request.

The load doesn't matter. They have to get you off the clock in 8.5 hours for a n 8 hour request. Don't worry about their numbers. The union doesn't recognize them. Unless of course you are showing up on paper 2 or 3 hours over. Then good luck with your grievance.
I just filed one the other day where was dispatched a 8.09 but worked 8.90. Means nothing except I wasn't off the clock on time.

My local supplement says 10% per day but only one per loop.

New contract got rid of that "per loop" part. It's 10% total.

The load doesn't matter. They have to get you off the clock in 8.5 hours for a n 8 hour request. Don't worry about their numbers. The union doesn't recognize them. Unless of course you are showing up on paper 2 or 3 hours over. Then good luck with your grievance.
I just filed one the other day where was dispatched a 8.09 but worked 8.90. Means nothing except I wasn't off the clock on time.

National or local?

aiian

I'm not concerned with their numbers. I honestly couldn't tell you how much I run over from day to day but the fact is that my route would have to be damn near dismantled in order to get it in under 8.5 hours.

Cementups

Box Monkey
National or local?

To which question?

I'm not concerned with their numbers. I honestly couldn't tell you how much I run over from day to day but the fact is that my route would have to be damn near dismantled in order to get it in under 8.5 hours.

The work they have to cut off your trip for you to make it is not your problem. If you put in and are approved for an 8 hour day then they have to accommodate you for it.
And no, calling you in the morning and asking if you'd like the day off instead is not accommodating.

To which question?

The work they have to cut off your trip for you to make it is not your problem. If you put in and are approved for an 8 hour day then they have to accommodate you for it.
And no, calling you in the morning and asking if you'd like the day off instead is not accommodating.
The elimination of the, LOOP clause.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
how is dispatching your route for 8 hours YOUR problem?
If you file a couple of times i can assure you that management will quickly realize it is THEIR problem!

aiian

That's just it, I put in the request on their form 5 or more calendar days in advance in either get denied or forget about it.

When I did get denied (verbally) due to manning or some other BS excuse I went to my steward and he basically told me there was nothing that could be done about it.

Is the verbiage different in this most recent contract?

-

I put in a request last Friday for this Friday for the hell of it and when I asked about it this morning my center manager said "you're on the board" whatever that means, no signed request form as the contract suggests.

Cementups

Box Monkey
The elimination of the, LOOP clause.
I believe that was national.

quote from contract:
"The Center Manager and the Steward shall process such requests based on seniority. The Employer shall allow a minimum of ten per- cent (10%) of the package car drivers worked in any Center off on a daily basis. No package car driver will be granted more than two (2) requests per month."

Cementups

Box Monkey
That's just it, I put in the request on their form 5 or more calendar days in advance in either get denied or forget about it.

When I did get denied (verbally) due to manning or some other BS excuse I went to my steward and he basically told me there was nothing that could be done about it.

You steward is a coward and in the company's back pocket

I put in a request last Friday for this Friday for the hell of it and when I asked about it my center manager said "you're on the board" whatever that means, no signed request form as the contract suggests.

Demand your approval/diapproval in writing.

PS. find another steward to file/fight your grievances. Your current one is a POS.

aiian

I shol
You steward is a coward and in the company's back pocket

Demand your approval/diapproval in writing.

PS. find another steward to file/fight your grievances. Your current one is a POS.

Should've known... a few of my 9.5 grievances simply went unanswered last year.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Just before I left, they made up an "official" request form in my building. Previously, I'd just make a request on a post-it note and stick on the dispatcher's monitor. Always worked for me.

Really?!??!?! We've had "official" ones for years around here. For both 8's and personals.

CHALLY9TX

We use a form to request 8hrs. Both you and the sup sign it. Then you get a copy of the signed 8hr request. Can't believe how many times they would "lose" the paper work and say they didn't know about your 8hr. But guess what? You have a signed copy.

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
Are personal day forms standard in all buildings? I would've gotten the last 2 days I requested if we used those..

Our forms were little slips with 3 boxes that can be checked. 8 hour request, option day, or day off without pay. Just check the one you are requesting.

O

OLDMAN3

-If they don't provide forms,make sure you still request in writing.
-If you don't get a copy of your request, have a 2nd driver witness you handing it to the supervisor. They have a tendency to "lose" ours as well.
-If you are in the Central...
-Let them know in the morning (in front of others) of your 8 hour day...that you won't be getting it done, and you will need to bring back stops.
-Let them know via Diad texts during your day how many you will be bringing back. Don't let them pressure you!
-Call your B.A. at the Union and let him know you plan on bringing the stops back and that you have told your center manager.
-Bring them back, sheet as missed, and enjoy your evening.