8 hour requests are a joke here.

OPTION3

wouldn’t it be cheaper to put the packages in the right cars, instead of paying me overtime to run them 20 miles off route? Come on….I would never profess to know what this pencil whipping company does or “thinks”

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They should not be subtracting lunch not taken, no matter what the code. If they are, they will be paying a huge back-pay lawsuit one day. I thought this practice stopped company-wide years ago.

Nope----they take 45 minutes and we are disciplined if we try to put anything less than that or don't record a meal break at all.

OPTION3

Nope----they take 45 minutes and we are disciplined if we try to put anything less than that or don't record a meal break at all.
so by putting in “05” are you not being “dishonest”at worst “untruthful” at best…..You should be taking your meal period every day as required by the company

OPTION3

If they are allowing you to “05” They should be allowing that option to ALL employees…why are they not doing this?

OPTION3

You see…..It all comes down to your SUBVERSION of the union contract you work under……You undermine it at every turn by doing these things…..the company turns a blind eye towards it……Until they lose multimillion dollar lawsuits on the matter…….then they FIRE the small guys that did it…….how’s that for a company that stands behind you, DAVE?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Wouldn't it be easier for all involved if they moved the pickup to your run permanently?
No, depending on circumstances it is not always feasable for me to cover that pickup. During wine shipping season we frequently leave another pup trailer at one of the area wineries and I wind up bringing that one in.

BrownArmy

We can't use code 05 here unless we have authorization from management, and this is very seldom given - last time I can recall being able to use it was working on a Saturday Valentine's day flower run...

Johney

You see…..It all comes down to your SUBVERSION of the union contract you work under……You undermine it at every turn by doing these things…..the company turns a blind eye towards it……Until they lose multimillion dollar lawsuits on the matter…….then they FIRE the small guys that did it…….how’s that for a company that stands behind you, DAVE?
In the BOG you can't be fired for any wrongdoing. Just ask Dave.

Overpaid Union Thug

Busting ass for 11 hours on a hot day so that a guy in your loop can make it to his kids baseball game or school function is a lot different than busting ass for 11 hours on a hot day so that a guy in your loop can prove some sort of point or be a PITA to management. Yes, the 8 hr language is a contractual right that we are entitled to...but exercising that right has a direct effect on the daily lives of our coworkers and their families and I try to at least have some consideration for those coworkers by only exercising that right when I have a compelling reason to do so.

Good post. You explained it much better than I did and how I would have had I not been attempting to put thoughts to keyboard at such a late hour last night. LOL!