8 hour requests are a joke here.

BrownArmy

Gotta love UPS - offers EAM service and it's always a scramble to actually get them delivered.

We have several routes in different towns that start 90 min. early to service EAMs...the rest of their work is shuttled out to them on split routes.

We still can't cover all the area my center services, and I'm sure we eat a bunch of them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We just had several more zip codes added for EAMs and there is no there is no way we will be able to make service on them. 11am commit, 9:40 start, 1 hour (plus) drive.

Resident know-it-all.

oldngray

nowhere special
Our EAM's were dispatched directly from the airport because there was no way they could go to the center first to make service.

By The Book

We just had several more zip codes added for EAMs and there is no there is no way we will be able to make service on them. 11am commit, 9:40 start, 1 hour (plus) drive.

Resident know-it-all.
Is that a foghorn leghorn post? I had to do a double take on that. I believe you said you signed up to do these am's so be ready for the call in the morning. We have some outlying areas that have a 10:00 commit and one of our drivers drives them to meet a shuttle driver and they figure it out. Sometimes they will send our air driver who brings our air from the airport out to deliver them if it makes more sense.

I get there 30-45 minutes early out of habit. My on-car asked me if I wanted to start early to run off the EAM. He was also the one who instructed me to sheet it in the bldg to make sure it wasn't late (on paper). It was 3 minutes late. Shipper was happy to see me and couldn't have cared less that I was 3 minutes late as it was a part they really needed.

Had the poop hit the fan do you really think anyone is going to believe that a FT bid driver who rarely does EAMs would take it upon him or herself to sheet it in the bldg just to make sure it wasn't late?

Could this be one of the reasons for the focus on proper sheeting of NDAs?

Resident know-it-all.
Qualified and available by seniority.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I get there 30-45 minutes early out of habit. My on-car asked me if I wanted to start early to run off the EAM. He was also the one who instructed me to sheet it in the bldg to make sure it wasn't late (on paper). It was 3 minutes late. Shipper was happy to see me and couldn't have cared less that I was 3 minutes late as it was a part they really needed.

Had the poop hit the fan do you really think anyone is going to believe that a FT bid driver who rarely does EAMs would take it upon him or herself to sheet it in the bldg just to make sure it wasn't late?

Could this be one of the reasons for the focus on proper sheeting of NDAs?

Resident know-it-all.

So do you think if the customer called that in as being late that your center manager would admit to telling you to sheet that ahead of time?!?! Not a chance in hell. He will throw you under the bus so fast you won't even feel the bump. Your word against his and your word doesn't mean crap in their eyes.