Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Are those Old Guard or TDU Teamsters?
Prob just following the ancient guard of Carey prematurely raising the pension payout for votes. Didn't Tim do the same? Those poor people of 804 that are filing out job applications today. What a sad story this will be.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Prob just following the ancient guard of Carey prematurely raising the pension payout for votes. Didn't Tim do the same? Those poor people of 804 that are filing out job applications today. What a sad story this will be.
Was Carey a Trustee on that pension plan?

No?

image.jpg
Two brothers one mother.
image.jpg

realbrown1

Then how come you don't blame the coming bankruptcy on the people that caused it.

Hoffa-- for letting UPS withdraw from the plan.

The Trustees-- for not reducing benefit levels 10 years ago.

Hall-- for not winning better pension contributions in the last 3 contracts.

wide load

Then how come you don't blame the coming bankruptcy on the people that caused it.

Hoffa-- for letting UPS withdraw from the plan.

The Trustees-- for not reducing benefit levels 10 years ago.

Hall-- for not winning better pension contributions in the last 3 contracts.
This post confirmed something for me. You have to absolutely know knowledge of the information. Do you know how a pension works? How a multi employer plan works?

This post confirmed something for me. You have to absolutely know knowledge of the information. Do you know how a pension works? How a multi employer plan works?
Yea realbrown1 is about as clueless as they come. I can't figure out if he's a 23 year old punk or a TDU plant or just someone who is as ignorant as can be. Drugs me guy be to blame as well.

realbrown1

I do.

But you don't seem too.

You blame Carey for raising payouts 20 years ago.

And refuse to blame the Old Guard, who have been in power for 18 years, for anything.

You seem to be blind on these subjects.

Can't see REALITY.

I do.

But you don't seem too.

And refuse to blame the Old Guard, who have been in power for 18 years, for anything.

Can't see REALITY.
So in 1997 When he raised it how would it have been in 2000 2001 when everyone started to go out of business to reduce it. How could you gain support for this. Then in 2008 when the depression happened. It's not as easy as you think. I don't think it was even legal to reduce it. That's where you republicans passed the omnibus late one night in December 2014. This is how it works.

wide load

I do.

But you don't seem too.

Can't see REALITY.
You complain of being stripped of medical benefits and you want Hoffa to reduce pension payouts? You think he just writes a letter?

realbrown1

You complain of being stripped of medical benefits and you want Hoffa to reduce pension payouts? You think he just writes a letter?
There was no need to reduce our medical coverage.

There was the need to try and save that pension fund.

Guess you can't see that.

10 point

There was no need to reduce our medical coverage.

There was the need to try and save that pension fund.

Guess you can't see that.
Some locals got greatly improved medical coverage.

We're not one of them.

The situation was also magnified by how much you trust your local or BA to have your best interest at heart vs being cheerleaders for the IBT's agenda and also the track record of BAs in honestly working to support their members issues

It left some members with no choice but to vote out their "representation" like 957 did by a huge majority (great job!).

The strength of unions today as always is in their members positive involvement.

If you want change be the person to initiate the change. Get your coworkers to vote!
That would be a great start.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So in 1997 when he raised it, how would it have been in 2000 /2001 when everyone started to go out of business to reduce it.
Prudent?
Then in 2008 when the depression happened.
That was 7 years ago, plenty of time to have done something other than let the biggest contributor, UPS, out of the pension.
It's not as easy as you think. I don't think it was even legal to reduce it. That's where you republicans passed the omnibus late one night in December 2014. This is how it works.
No, that's what happens when you sit on your hands, whine about government involvement in our union afairs, then lobby for their involvement.