Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

5habits100

For now, perhaps, but I am a Teamster and I worry about all Teamster and their retirees.

A me-ster like you will never understand.
I agree Dave is a me-ster.
I agree you are a Teamster.
The Company paid the liability to get out of the fund. Do you honestly feel if the IBT would have asked for strike authorization because it was negotiated to protect members pensions, the members would be willing to strike over it? I say they wouldn't. I say they wouldn't authorize a strike. It was the largest proposal from the members to fix/protect their pension. The UPS people I talk to are extremely happy about the decision especially now that Central States is going to be making changes. If UPS pulled out or not Central States was destined to fail. The pension was raised when Carey was in with no way to fund the increases. That is a fact. The reality is whoever was in office when the decreases took place looks bad. No one wants to do it but it has to be done. Could it have been done years ago, absolutely but it should not have been done in the first place with no way to pay for it. Central States status is not Hoffa or hall fault. People can try for political reasons to blame them and I guess that is their choice. I can only speak from my experience of talking with them and our local being able to get things done with them. If your local can't do that maybe you should start with your local. People saying you have to be one of Hoffa/hall cronies to get things done with them is an absolute lie. They care about the members and try to do what's right by them.

Go ahead and correct my grammar I'm waiting.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
So in 1997 When he raised it how would it have been in 2000 2001 when everyone started to go out of business to reduce it. How could you gain support for this. Then in 2008 when the depression happened. It's not as easy as you think. I don't think it was even legal to reduce it. That's where you republicans passed the omnibus late one night in December 2014. This is how it works.
So.........Hoffa let the fund fall into bankruptcy because he was afraid to lower the payouts because it would have been unpopular?

If he didn't have the balls to face down rank and file teamsters on this issue, how the hell is suppose to be able to face down companies at the bargaining table?

And because of his lack of balls, look who's paying the price?

The retirees and future retirees of Central States.

And HOFFA is still your BOY?

Why?

And stop blaming Republicans for anything.

They can pass all the bills they want, but they can't sign them into law without that Democrat in the WhiteHouse named Obama.

So.........Hoffa let the fund fall into bankruptcy because he was afraid to lower the payouts because it would have been unpopular?

If he didn't have the balls to face down rank and file teamsters on this issue, how the hell is suppose to be able to face down companies at the bargaining table?

And because of his lack of balls, look who's paying the price?

The retirees and future retirees of Central States.

And HOFFA is still your BOY?

Why?

And stop blaming Republicans for anything.

They can pass all the bills they want, but they can't sign them into law without that Democrat in the WhiteHouse named Obama.
Says the republican

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I agree Dave is a me-ster.
I agree you are a Teamster.
The Company paid the liability to get out of the fund. Do you honestly feel if the IBT would have asked for strike authorization, because it was negotiated to protect members pensions, the members would be willing to strike over it? I say they wouldn't. I say they wouldn't authorize a strike. It was the largest proposal from the members to fix/protect their pension. The UPS people I talk to are extremely happy about the decision, especially now that Central States is going to be making changes. If UPS pulled out or not Central States was destined to fail. The pension was raised when Carey was in, with no way to fund the increases. That is a fact. The reality is whoever was in office when the decreases took place looks bad. No one wants to do it, but it has to be done. Could it have been done years ago, absolutely, but it should not have been done in the first place with no way to pay for it. Central States status is not Hoffa or hall fault. People can try for political reasons to blame them and I guess that is their choice. I can only speak from my experience of talking with them and our local being able to get things done with them. If your local can't do that, maybe you should start with your local. People saying you have to be one of Hoffa/hall cronies to get things done with them is an absolute lie. They care about the members and try to do what's right by them.
Go ahead and correct my grammar I'm waiting.

You're doing much better!!!
Keep trying and work in a few more commas.
They give the sentence better flow and meter, making it easier to read.
Think of them as indicators of separate ideas within an individual sentence.

When I have more time, perhaps I will rebut this post.

Last edited:

5habits100

it's hard to do that on a phone. It took forever to type all that. Plus I gotta give you something to pick on.

In your opinion has your punctuation grammar and massive vocabulary been the reason you have rose up the ranks of the teamsters union so fast?