9.5 for the guys under 4 years

Cementups

Box Monkey
Why does everyone want to be on the 9.5 I don't get it .

Without OT this isn't a high paying job

Because you get to a point in your career ,where you can't work 10-12 hours anymore.

Or straight up, don't want to

no need in pointing out the irony in my nameo_O

Here's my last several weeks. I have no interest in OT. We make plenty without it. Aside from my mortgage and monthly bills, we have no debt and can spend freely on most things we want. Spending time with my family and coaching my daughter's softball team is far more important than money. Money can't replace those memories.
This is how all our weeks should look. (My net pay is not calculated properly) The one week is less because I took an unpaid day off.

I get guarantee pay and still break $70K.

Last I calculated, base pay is just around $75k. I can get by well on that.

Last edited:
Here's my last several weeks. I have no interest in OT. We make plenty without it. Aside from my mortgage and monthly bills, we have no debt and can spend freely on most things we want. This is how all our weeks should look. (My net pay is not calculated properly) The one week is less because I took an unpaid day off.

Does your wife have a good job?

Cementups

Box Monkey
Does your wife have a good job?
She makes more than $40k. She's a customer service rep/tech support for AT&T Wireless. It's also a union job. But it's CWA, probably the worst union I've ever seen the processes for. And all her stewards seem to be in the company favor. Such a shame. I would have a field day at her job if I was one of her stewards.

Nike

In a way I find it funny even selfish to be on the list, but in a way its not because the extra work not on your truck can and should create more routes/jobs.

NonDeliverOtherMissed

Here's my last several weeks. I have no interest in OT. We make plenty without it. Aside from my mortgage and monthly bills, we have no debt and can spend freely on most things we want. Spending time with my family and coaching my daughter's softball team is far more important than money. Money can't replace those memories.
This is how all our weeks should look. (My net pay is not calculated properly) The one week is less because I took an unpaid day off.

Do u have nothing coming out for retirement?

BUCN85

In a way I find it funny even selfish to be on the list, but in a way its not because the extra work not on your truck can and should create more routes/jobs.
It definitely does create more jobs. I am on a split route that is in almost 2 days a week now that only used to be in during peak. All because 2 drivers in the loop are on the 9.5 list.

Foamer Pyle

9.5 is 1.5 hours of OT
However, you are actually at work for 10.5 hours, plus drive time to and from work. Which actually gives you a couple hours at night with your family, if you are lucky. I usually don't get home before 8pm. After shower and dinner, have about an hour to spend with wife, because I like to hit the rack by 10pm.