TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I'll have to check our supplement regarding start time. Which region are you in?
New England

hsn784.jpg

ArcherUTR

So despite being in a confederate state, I'm more accurately in a southwestern right to work state. I asked my stewart about this very thing this morning, and he said that since peak was reclassified as through January 15th that I would not be able to file on this week.

Are you guys saying I can, and that he wrong? Or does it vary depending on what part of the county your local is in?

undies

So despite being in a confederate state, I'm more accurately in a southwestern right to work state. I asked my stewart about this very thing this morning, and he said that since peak was reclassified as through January 15th that I would not be able to file on this week.

Are you guys saying I can, and that he wrong? Or does it vary depending on what part of the county your local is in?
I don't think Stewart knows what he's talking about. Try asking the shop steward.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The free period was extended until January 15th. So as far as I know 9.5 does not apply until the week following.
You're mistaken. The free period just states you can't make seniority when hired in the last 3 months of the year. The January 15 date is an extention of the allowed usage of seasonal drivers. They're not synonymous and neither of those two items have anything to do with 9.5.

ArcherUTR

I talked to the same Steward this morning and he said the same. I said that the intertrons say differently. He said that he had heard directly from the B.A. that no 9.5 grievances will be heard until after the 15th.

But either way, with the new helper they gave me today I don't see myself violating this week.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I talked to the same Steward this morning and he said the same. I said that the intertrons say differently. He said that he had heard directly from the B.A. that no 9.5 grievances will be heard until after the 15th.

But either way, with the new helper they gave me today I don't see myself violating this week.
Then your BA can be sued for misrepresentation.

bowflex

I was hoping to get laid off Jan 10th. Reading through this thread it seems they may not lay me off until the 15th? I got back to the hub at 9:39 thinking I was the last man standing yet there was a line to get in the building. I am trying to leave on a good note but this is getting out of control. My center manager tried to send me on a training route the other day and I explained to him don't waste the time I am leaving at the end of peak and I guess that has been extended.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

That's why I always say, have them show you the applicable language when they tell you something.
Everybody benefits in these transactions.

Nobody knows it all, and those who think they do, are a liability,

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I was hoping to get laid off Jan 10th. Reading through this thread it seems they may not lay me off until the 15th? I got back to the hub at 9:39 thinking I was the last man standing yet there was a line to get in the building. I am trying to leave on a good note but this is getting out of control. My center manager tried to send me on a training route the other day and I explained to him don't waste the time I am leaving at the end of peak and I guess that has been extended.
Why leave on a good note if you are not returning to UPS? Just leave who cares. if your center manager likes it or not.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
...integrity, conscience, self respect, etc?
You must have missed the part where the guy said he really does not want to work here or work full time.
I worked today until 9:45. I told them last week I was done after peak. They wanted to keep me on ft. I like reg temp and can't see myself working full time. They even tried to put me on a new route. I told them no thanks I'm gone after peak. Seems peak is extended so I am stuck driving for a few more days. I see and know a lot of drivers that wanted a ft driver position. My hub is desperate of they wanted to keep me ft. I get it done but I don't take :censored2: from my sup or management. Can't wait for this to be over.

So again, I ask, why bother sticking around if they dread it that much? The op has already said he wanted to be done by Jan 10th. I think the op has the self respect to know he wants out and he has the integrity to tell them like a man that he does not want to work as it would be a waste of his and UPS's time. Maybe they will chime back in and let us know his stance.

bowflex

@scooby. I have a cleaning business. Many people have quit without warning and left me hanging. Then 2 years later they call back for a job or I get a call asking for a reference. Though I don't like the job full time I definitely could see myself working as a reg temp during peak again.