A couple of DIAD function questions

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
You can also just print your manifest after morning meeting. I used to be a cover guy and sometimes ran splits in different towns. Made it easier to print out the manifest to see the different towns/areas.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
It took me a while to figure out the Left Arrow trick, I was on vacation that week and got zero training. Where I am at, you can only use this twice before you have to use "Change Routes" to keep using the Left Arrow function. They usually put Add/Cuts in my 8000 section and I have to run them before lunch so that I don't miss the businesses.

JL 0513

Hundreds of streets and thousands of homes?

Damn big route.

Did you miss the part about me being a cover driver? Different routes everyday covering a radius of 30 miles. Actually, it's thousands of streets and 10's of thousands of homes/businesses.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Did you miss the part about me being a cover driver? Different routes everyday covering a radius of 30 miles. Actually, it's thousands of streets and 10's of thousands of homes/businesses.

With no street names and no numbers?

JL 0513

With no street names and no numbers?

LOL, sorry I forgot the original context of my post. Unmarked streets can number in the low hundreds in the large area I cover. Unmarked homes are ridiculous. Yes, thousands. People don't realize what they do to us by not putting numbers on their homes. My last post was talking about all streets and homes total.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
When I covered, I ran rural routes over probably a 100 mile radius of the center. RD numbers only, and the road names depended on who you asked.

Hell, I survived.

It gets easier, eventually.

JL 0513

When I covered, I ran rural routes over probably a 100 mile radius of the center. RD numbers only, and the road names depended on who you asked.

Hell, I survived.

It gets easier, eventually.

Sometimes I have to whip out my phone to identify and unmarked street. Shouldn't have to but it does the job. Towns and homeowners seem to forget that people other than local residents have to find their way around. With no time to spare on top of it.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Sometimes I have to whip out my phone to identify and unmarked street. Shouldn't have to but it does the job. Towns and homeowners seem to forget that people other than local residents have to find their way around. With no time to spare on top of it.

I'm not putting you down, but stuff was way different when I started/covered. No smartphones, no GPS. My rural routes were out in the middle of BFNowhere. My county is bigger than Rhode Island, and that was only part of my center's coverage area.

I learned real early to make friends with all the postmasters and rural mail carriers. They were my GPS.

JL 0513

I couldn't get my 160 blind stops delivered in a timely manner each day without my phone. I can use a paper map but it would put me hours over. I can refer to my phone on walks back to the PC and be ready to go instantly.

I have a feeling they didn't dispatch that much on a blind cover driver 20 years ago. Now they do without hesitation because they know we have the tech.

oldngray

nowhere special
LOL, sorry I forgot the original context of my post. Unmarked streets can number in the low hundreds in the large area I cover. Unmarked homes are ridiculous. Yes, thousands. People don't realize what they do to us by not putting numbers on their homes. My last post was talking about all streets and homes total.

Don't you love delivering in an area you don't know and some joker thought it was funny to switch the street signs?