A positive new thread, positively

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
So we all kinda do the same thing, for the same company, for the same money.
we work for the same bad bosses, with the same idiot co workers, and the same silly customers.
we get told constantly how lucky we are to have a job, and we have no right to be cold, hot, tired, or grumpy.
so outside of your work life, what is your real life? What constitutes a good day for you? What makes you jump out of bed on a day off?
Hey Im trying help me out.
I live for the smell of a hot rod with hot gas running through its veins.
I live for the limited times I can spend with my grandkids, I caused this, LOL
I love that my children turned out pretty well. By the grace of God.
I love riding horses, and seeing nature, and appreciating the colors of fall in the NE, but hate whats next, only pretty if you are inside.
I live for a perch, or a bass or anything on the end of my fishing pole.
I love the unexpected moment where I actually make someones day, and they reach out and hug me like Im a real friend.
I love an unexpected card, gift or phone call when I know someone actually remembers me.

I love the early dawn when no one else is up, no one is talking and Im outside with my dogs. I love my dogs, did I mention that.
I love when I jump in my silverado, even though the payment is more than I used to make in a month.

I love seeing old people who are still in love after 60 yrs together.
Ok Im done. Chime in if you wish.

?

Leftinbuilding

Love the early morning mist on a good bass lake.
Love the sounds of water gently lapping against the boat.
Love the sound of my cell phone ringing when I know it's either my kids or grandkids.
Love the feel of my fishing rod "loading up" with a bass.
Love retirement.

old levi's

blank space
"
Tom T Hall, I Love Lyrics

"I love little baby ducks, old pick-up trucks, slow-moving trains, and rain
I love little country streams, sleep without dreams, Sunday school in may,
And hay
And i love you too"

Somebody had to do this tooner :wink2:

Here's what I love:
Boats, Summertime, Bikinis, Diamonds on the Water, Blue Sky, Red Flowers, Cottages, Cold Beer.............

brownedout

I love my family, esp. Wife and son. I love spending time with each and every one of them.
I love football season. I love NY Giant, Miami Hurricane, and Army Black Knight Victories. I love a well played, and better officiated game.
I love to hear my favorite bands/songs on the radio when it's completely unexpected.
I love to see UPS in my rear view mirror on a Friday night, love it even more the week before vacation.
Speaking of rear view mirrors. I love a wide open Interstate and getting the car up to 90mph. Stupid...YES! Potentially life threatening and loss of job, yes again...But I love it anyway.
Don't so much love snow anymore, however love one of it's fringe benefits...Snowmobiling! Can't wait.
I love random acts of kindness. So much more I could add, but that about covers it for now. Good thread tooner.

over9five

Staff member
I love walking in the woods in the Fall. I love following old seldom used trails.
I miss being able to grab a rifle, step out my door, and wander the Ponderosa.

I love Dunkin Donuts. Me and wifey were there at 6:30 this morning, my day off.
I love sitting at the bar at the 99 with wifey.

I love my kids, all growed up and out on their own.

I love cruising. I have a map of the Caribbean here in my office. All the islands we've been to are highlighted in yellow. We have more to do. I have one in mind.....!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I love a hot cup of coffee with the early morning sunrise at the lake, when the lake is like glass and you can see a reflection for miles.
I love watching the snow fall (but not being out in it).
I love Christmas lights.
I love watching the birds (really all of nature).
I love listening to my cats purr.
I love the rain on a summer day.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I love jumping in mud puddles with my granddaughters.

I love walking on the beach at dawn.

I love feeling snowflakes land on my tongue.

I love water-skiing.

I love driving a boat in the morning when the water is like glass.

I love my dogs.

I love making bread.

I love the smell of lilacs in the spring.

I love my cottage.

I love a really good pair of Levi's.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I like my coffee in the morning and at the 2:00 P.M. chat fest I have with Bob.........of course it's after the stock market closes, we like to talk money. It's also when the Five at Five starts here in CA. and we sip to Bob Beckel's raves & rants.

I like saying hi to the people I speak with daily. I hate it when they are no longer there.

I like ignoring my phone, especially at dinner time........the words that go across my mind when that happens would not be a positive on this thread.

When I have an occasion to talk to a toddler or see a baby smile, it always brings a tear to my eye......and my youngest is well past mid-30's.

I like great flavors and sugar-free popsicles (tropical).

I love my dog and there's only one other person that loves her too. She's a feisty beeatch and doesn't come off as loveable to others, but I know better.

I love my life partner. Sometimes we make great choices in our life. That was one of them.

curiousbrain

[...]
so outside of your work life, what is your real life? What constitutes a good day for you? What makes you jump out of bed on a day off?

I love a good, thoughtful conversation.

I love my dog, especially when we walk around the woods and I find interesting things; then we both sniff it so close that I can feel his fur on my face.

I love splitting wood, when you can smell that fresh scent from a pile of split logs.

I love roller coasters, flying in planes, and being underwater in clear water.

I love a good pen, one that doesn't dry out in five minutes, and that will write on a glossy surface as well as a dirty one.

I love relations, of the intimate sort.

Every day is a good day, except when it's a bad day.

I jump out of bed for my job (because they pay me) and my dog (because he loves me); everything else, gets a lazy roll towards the edge of the bed and an even lazier roll of the eyes.