A win for FedEx Freight drivers!

bbsam

Staff member
Please enlighten us to your effectiveness over the years that you have hung here, all your driver retention movements, etc. and how they have had "incredible" impact. Please expound on the "massive" segments of the economy, another one of your deep fact finding statements, hurry, another one should be falling out the sky for you any second . Only massive segment is the air between your ears. You go dispatch your Mom and Pop shop corporation, I'll be making the day count, and "We'll see".
Massive segments of the economy...hmmmm....
For starters I'll say trucking industry, government service contracts (for example the contracts for custodial work at military installations). From there we can get into conultants and security contractors a.k.a Blackwater. Same laws cover it all.

You really have your "work" cut out for you. It's not just Fred's money.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The vast majority of UPS workers could care less about what is going on over at Ground.

True, and I find the apathy both amazing and disturbing. UPS has sat on it's hands and watched Ground take it's business away with an illegal business model they could have squashed early-on in the game. They are literally weakening your bargaining power.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
With as much effect as the super secret Express organizing meetings that have been going on for the past 18 months.
Enlighten us with your track record on what you have done to help, besides snicker at the sidelines.

M I Indy

Massive segments of the economy...hmmmm....
For starters I'll say trucking industry, government service contracts (for example the contracts for custodial work at military installations). From there we can get into conultants and security contractors a.k.a Blackwater. Same laws cover it all.

You really have your "work" cut out for you. It's not just Fred's money.

Ok, since you want to pick and choose what you want to respond to and not the entire texts, I'll play for now. Most of the above you mention structure within the spirit and intent of the law, does X? According to recent court decisions, X is an abuser to the structure. Where are the court rulings that show abuse by those above, fact finder? Trucking industry has been getting cleaned up as we have shown you in earlier debate, which is part of my "work" too. Wait, here comes one of your facts, no, it was just another melting flake falling from the sky, at least your looking up for info.

bbsam

Staff member
Ok, since you want to pick and choose what you want to respond to and not the entire texts, I'll play for now. Most of the above you mention structure within the spirit and intent of the law, does X? According to recent court decisions, X is an abuser to the structure. Where are the court rulings that show abuse by those above, fact finder? Trucking industry has been getting cleaned up as we have shown you in earlier debate, which is part of my "work" too. Wait, here comes one of your facts, no, it was just another melting flake falling from the sky, at least your looking up for info.
It depends. What is the spirit and intent of the law? Be careful answering that considering how vague the law is and how legislative branches have refused to make the law clear.

M I Indy

Just the little bit about the case being about the IC rather than ISP model. They're beating a dead horse.

Unlike you, they answered the question that was asked. Maybe you know something no one else does, when was ISP questioned and if it was, cite the case ruling(s) so I could read it too. Talk about a one trick pony!

It will be fine

I hasn't been because no one profits from a successful challenge of it. My company is worth much more under the current setup then I could get from a lawsuit. Who benefits from your efforts M I?

bbsam

Staff member
Not even once.

Now answer post 228.
Wrong as usual.
And to answer your question, I seem to be the only thing keeping you grounded in fact. Even in this case, your hatred of all things Fedex had you jumping to the ridiculous conclusion that success at Freight would substantially change the plight of the Express courier. It won't.

overflowed

Wrong as usual.
And to answer your question, I seem to be the only thing keeping you grounded in fact. Even in this case, your hatred of all things Fedex had you jumping to the ridiculous conclusion that success at Freight would substantially change the plight of the Express courier. It won't.
You can't really say that Scammy. It's been what a month? This process can take years just for freight to organize itself.

overflowed

But, like I said, people want what others have. They will all unionize now that others have done it, in time. The first hurdles have been jumped for Freight.