A win for FedEx Freight drivers!

vantexan

But, like I said, people want what others have. They will all unionize now that others have done it, in time. The first hurdles have been jumped for Freight.
If that's true then why didn't we follow the pilots' lead? Most couriers won't even know that some Freight terminals have unionized. The real prize at FedEx is Express, not Freight, and the Teamsters are avoiding us like the plague. Until we solve the RLA problem we're not only screwed, but we'll help pay for other divisions unionizing with further takeaways.

bbsam

Staff member
You can't really say that Scammy. It's been what a month? This process can take years just for freight to organize itself.
I can say it because nothing has changed with the RLA and after this election Fred has an even more sympathetic congress.

bbsam

Staff member
But, like I said, people want what others have. They will all unionize now that others have done it, in time. The first hurdles have been jumped for Freight.
People want what others have but the questions remain: are they willing to vote for it and what happend if the vote fails? It's one thing to want what others have and another to fear losing what you already have.

M I Indy

Show me where it has.

Pick and choose what you want to answer here, that is what is implied, not that specifically. Hurry, the phone is ringing, another hedge funder to buy your corporation. Let me know when you go public, until then "We'll see".

bbsam

Staff member
Pick and choose what you want to answer here, that is what is implied, not that specifically. Hurry, the phone is ringing, another hedge funder to buy your corporation. Let me know when you go public, until then "We'll see".
So you agree that the ISP model has not been challenged?

bbsam

Staff member
No. It's what I have been saying. But you would think that the replacement (ISP) for the rejected model (IC) would have to be somehow vetted by the court before being implemented or else the lawsuits in those states would continue. They haven't.

M I Indy

No. It's what I have been saying. But you would think that the replacement (ISP) for the rejected model (IC) would have to be somehow vetted by the court before being implemented or else the lawsuits in those states would continue. They haven't.

Why would you think that? How long for IC model to be rejected? ISP implemented while IC was being questioned and answered, an answer which X "fundamentally disagrees with" yet, put in a new model where needed, instead of fighting "vociferously" . Being CEO of your corporation, you may want to read up on corporate law. Very forgiving for you, such as Safe Harbor law, as the laws are written with the expectation that the entity will work within the structure, spirit and intent of the law since they are educated enough to become a corporation. X has decided to try and litter that level with (this is for example purposes only, no disrespect) their latest poster child for the model, Sweet Lou in Annapolis.

M I Indy

Sometimes the bad guys win, time runs out, etc. Question for me is: How does one wish to leave their legacy? Just because you can, doesn't make it right. I made my choice, have you? I would like to think that you have tabled it, until you can rid some of your investment debt, then you can make a clear headed decision. Wish no ill for anyone here, but, as I stated before, X is not your friend or your business partner, they are your one and only customer, their words not mine.

bbsam

Staff member
Why would you think that? How long for IC model to be rejected? ISP implemented while IC was being questioned and answered, an answer which X "fundamentally disagrees with" yet, put in a new model where needed, instead of fighting "vociferously" . Being CEO of your corporation, you may want to read up on corporate law. Very forgiving for you, such as Safe Harbor law, as the laws are written with the expectation that the entity will work within the structure, spirit and intent of the law since they are educated enough to become a corporation. X has decided to try and litter that level with (this is for example purposes only, no disrespect) their latest poster child for the model, Sweet Lou in Annapolis.
I think you underestimate Fedex legal. They aren't a bunch of "My Cousin Vinny"s.

M I Indy

I think you underestimate Fedex legal. They aren't a bunch of "My Cousin Vinny"s.

I have had first hand dealings with X legal, total respect for their brilliance, ability to deflect and contradict, they though underestimated our legal team. As the judge in Cali said in '06, I believe to the effect "the ability to write such a finely crafted document (OA) that most would not be able to interpret, let alone a contractor who puts trust in X that it is legitimate". I met the lawyer that wrote the OA, who conveniently scurried out after meeting our legal team, before proceedings could begin. Which is why I do what I do, Joe Average vs. X doesn't stand a chance. They stand there like they're genius, only because a lawyer from one of the most powerful firms money can buy has a hand up their butt working like a ventriloquist. Who's got Joe Average's back? Yet, X feels this is fair.

bbsam

Staff member
I have had first hand dealings with X legal, total respect for their brilliance, ability to deflect and contradict, they though underestimated our legal team. As the judge in Cali said in '06, I believe to the effect "the ability to write such a finely crafted document (OA) that most would not be able to interpret, let alone a contractor who puts trust in X that it is legitimate". I met the lawyer that wrote the OA, who conveniently scurried out after meeting our legal team, before proceedings could begin. Which is why I do what I do, Joe Average vs. X doesn't stand a chance. They stand there like they're genius, only because a lawyer from one of the most powerful firms money can buy has a hand up their butt working like a ventriloquist. Who's got Joe Average's back? Yet, X feels this is fair.
If you are as savvy in the law as you say, then let me know how the ISP model fails to address the issues raised by the IC failures. You say you respect Fedex legal and yet you imply that they have not done due diligence in vetting the new model.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Wrong as usual.
And to answer your question, I seem to be the only thing keeping you grounded in fact. Even in this case, your hatred of all things Fedex had you jumping to the ridiculous conclusion that success at Freight would substantially change the plight of the Express courier. It won't.
Not today, more than likely not next year but eventually. The seed has been planted. takes years to grow that tall timber. But just like the tall timber, it's over your head.

bbsam

Staff member
Not today, more than likely not next year but eventually. The seed has been planted. takes years to grow that tall timber. But just like the tall timber, it's over your head.
That's already been the mantra since Obestar in '08. Nothing has changed.