A win for FedEx Freight drivers!

M I Indy

If you are as savvy in the law as you say, then let me know how the ISP model fails to address the issues raised by the IC failures. You say you respect Fedex legal and yet you imply that they have not done due diligence in vetting the new model.

Why must you try to put words in my mouth. Never said I was savvy, I like to read, maybe you should try it while you sit this peak out, as you said you would. Tell me why I should let you know anything. I don't know nor have ever met you, why would I plaster it on this forum where many spies and wannabes lurk, you may even be one. I like to think not, but, how do I know. I do respect X legal, they are very intelligent, they are just doing what they are retained for. They fight/fought hard on IC model, even though they knew it was a too vague document. Tell me, since you are much the fact finder (LOL), where I implied due diligence has not been done. Now maybe you can share the intricate differences between ISP and IC. Here's a hint: I did say X is not your friend or your biz partner, they're your customer. Sweet Lou is your business partner, in this current format, as I "interpret" the ISP. Do you feel comfortable with Sweet Lou ( 7th grader who can only read a book on audio) and his "gentlemen agreement" to cap pay in his terminal? X said that "is not their business" to partake in such arrangements. X has put you in front of the bus and given the Sweet Lou's the keys and full tank of gas. Sometimes the bad guys win, X has made difficult for you to fight them, and if you do, I'm sure they will make calls as to have your "operation" checked for practices, such as hourly rate, OT, etc. Two words I posted "deflect and contradict" will become an issue, are you savvy enough to take that on when the Sweet Lou's (your real biz partner since you share the same one and only customer) violate structure, spirit, and intent of corporate laws. Your "operation" then comes into the spotlight due to the actions of one, two.....or more of your biz partners, or their drivers. Have you done your due diligence? Probably not since you didn't know just what to due diligence on. Remember, I said I help those who helped me, escape this environment, never said I was out to end ISP. That is your situation, mine is now as you said "a dead horse". Just trying to give you a different perspective than the deflect, contradict perspective your customer gives you. Sorry this was so lengthy, but, I won't be posting for a while, to much to enjoy during the holiday season. You will probably argue that I'm just a hater, so let's just leave it at "we just disagree" and not get nasty. No ill toward anyone here, more my sympathies. Get to reading will ya', its great mental exercise!

bbsam

Staff member
Instead of fighting the document, you and your legal department should be contacting ISP's and offering to represent them in against the application and interpretation of the agreement. Of course that wouldn't have the payout that a class action lawsuit would.

M I Indy

Instead of fighting the document, you and your legal department should be contacting ISP's and offering to represent them in against the application and interpretation of the agreement. Of course that wouldn't have the payout that a class action lawsuit would.

Sitting in airport with nothing to do, so I will give you an encore. This might be the funniest thing you have ever posted. Who's fighting what? Not my problem anymore, your words to the "dead horse". Why don't you offer to represent? You think you have it all figured out, you can call it "The Sammy Side". Side of what, who knows, what is your incredibility? "Should" be contacting them? Why? Are they now a bargaining unit? Application and interpretation? Is there any fee to be paid for service? Or do you want free service? You already have that, Contractor Relations, same spot you get your ideas. Then you end it with a smacked :censored2: comment about the same folk you feel "should". Law school and an office costs money, as I'm sure you know. Maybe your business partner, Sweet Lou, and you can put a "gentlemen agreement" on costs, so as not to cut in on profits accrued, since you "invested" way more as a corporation, than a "mere" lawyer. Put down that pipe, cause you are dreaming!

bbsam

Staff member
Sitting in airport with nothing to do, so I will give you an encore. This might be the funniest thing you have ever posted. Who's fighting what? Not my problem anymore, your words to the "dead horse". Why don't you offer to represent? You think you have it all figured out, you can call it "The Sammy Side". Side of what, who knows, what is your incredibility? "Should" be contacting them? Why? Are they now a bargaining unit? Application and interpretation? Is there any fee to be paid for service? Or do you want free service? You already have that, Contractor Relations, same spot you get your ideas. Then you end it with a smacked :censored2: comment about the same folk you feel "should". Law school and an office costs money, as I'm sure you know. Maybe your business partner, Sweet Lou, and you can put a "gentlemen agreement" on costs, so as not to cut in on profits accrued, since you "invested" way more as a corporation, than a "mere" lawyer. Put down that pipe, cause you are dreaming!
For somebody who has nothing to do with it anymore you seem to have some very strong feelings on it.

bbsam

Staff member
Maybe you've read the other thread by now and realize how silly you sound.

M I Indy

I've heard X management try to claim that they are my customer. Not true. They are the principal, I am the agent, and shippers and consignee are our customers.
I'm a vendor for FedEx Ground. Congrats on a short coherent post you don't make many of those.

According to who? State the case or agency that has made that determination.

It, no one asked you to read my posts. Don't like it, exercise your independence. Posts need to be long since Sammy likes to twist short points. Don't want to be vague, like an X agreement.

bbsam

Staff member
According to who? State the case or agency that has made that determination.

It, no one asked you to read my posts. Don't like it, exercise your independence. Posts need to be long since Sammy likes to twist short points. Don't want to be vague, like an X agreement.
Nobody limits bbsam enterprises to package delivery.

M I Indy

Nobody limits bbsam enterprises to package delivery.

Wow! You are absolutely correct. You can do whatever you want when not fulfilling the terms and conditions of the one customer package delivery agreement. Example: try loading grass seed from the operation next to X, so you can deliver to landscapers on your route(s), along with X's packages, with an open 5 gallon bucket of Spackle. Grass seed operation won't care that packages and Spackle are on board, nor will landscapers. Ah, the only customer package delivery part of the your endeavors might have something to say about the contents of your vehicle though. Why? You're independent! I can be as ridiculous as you. Now that I'm done flying for the day, takes forever to reach my fortress of solitude here in the NP, I wish not to play with you anymore. Go read something will ya'!

bbsam

Staff member
Wow! You are absolutely correct. You can do whatever you want when not fulfilling the terms and conditions of the one customer package delivery agreement. Example: try loading grass seed from the operation next to X, so you can deliver to landscapers on your route(s), along with X's packages, with an open 5 gallon bucket of Spackle. Grass seed operation won't care that packages and Spackle are on board, nor will landscapers. Ah, the only customer package delivery part of the your endeavors might have something to say about the contents of your vehicle though. Why? You're independent! I can be as ridiculous as you. Now that I'm done flying for the day, takes forever to reach my fortress of solitude here in the NP, I wish not to play with you anymore. Go read something will ya'!
You miss the point. No reason I couldn't open a diesel mechanics shop on the side or welding. One guy is looking into sething up a leasing company. You are thinking too small. Not surprised you've moved on.

M I Indy

You miss the point. No reason I couldn't open a diesel mechanics shop on the side or welding. One guy is looking into sething up a leasing company. You are thinking too small. Not surprised you've moved on.

Point, like you, is vague. I said you were correct, no reason you couldn't open up a collection agency for the collective bargaining group you want to start with law firm representation. You are the one thinking small. Why settle on welding, the way you think, world peace would be imminent in you hands. I was just working within the spirit and intent of the conversation. :wink2:

bbsam

Staff member
Point, like you, is vague. I said you were correct, no reason you couldn't open up a collection agency for the collective bargaining group you want to start with law firm representation. You are the one thinking small. Why settle on welding, the way you think, world peace would be imminent in you hands. I was just working within the spirit and intent of the conversation. :wink2:
Because I'm to lazy for world peace...and I like seeing things blow up.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If that's true then why didn't we follow the pilots' lead? Most couriers won't even know that some Freight terminals have unionized. The real prize at FedEx is Express, not Freight, and the Teamsters are avoiding us like the plague. Until we solve the RLA problem we're not only screwed, but we'll help pay for other divisions unionizing with further takeaways.

The pilots are a small, well-educated, and highly skilled workforce in a more or less centralized location. They are quite difficult to replace. At this point, it's become so bad at so many locations that the RLA can be dealt with. We have reached the point where a nationwide/all or nothing vote would go our way, but until the IBT comes aboard, we are going nowhere.

With the GOP majority in Congress, the RLA won't be disappearing.

M I Indy

Well you just might be in the right place for an explosion followed by a meltdown, the Sweet Lou's out there are ticking.......