A win for FedEx Freight drivers!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think you underestimate Fedex legal. They aren't a bunch of "My Cousin Vinny"s.

No, they aren't. But they aren't as infallible as you seem to think either. FedEx has lost plenty of costly legal battles. The issues surrounding Ground aren't going away because the ISP model is legal (for now). I expect more investigation and litigation, with the ISP model eventually found to be illegal as well.

It's coming, Scammy.

bbsam

Staff member
No, they aren't. But they aren't as infallible as you seem to think either. FedEx has lost plenty of costly legal battles. The issues surrounding Ground aren't going away because the ISP model is legal (for now). I expect more investigation and litigation, with the ISP model eventually found to be illegal as well.

It's coming, Scammy.
I doubt it, but we'll see.

xfdxgroundmgmt

It's coming, Scammy.

The biggest issue I have is a lot of these are
#1 old lawsuits that went class action!
#2 most of these owner operators i.e. contractors are long gone
#3 as well as the horrible managers that were brought in from the outside are gone as well!
#4 most not all, but most of the lawsuits stem from the opening of home delivery and as stated above; if these are won or lost by either side most of the players are out of the game! Sure maybe a contractor gets paid, sure maybe fedex pays taxes.
Do you realize that as ground keeps growing at double digit numbers year over year they are going to soon be grossing a BILLION a year! I remember when ground first made a Million! Look @ earnings each quarter and yoy!

kickpackage1

It's coming, Scammy.
I read a lot of your post why are you the only one that GETS IT .... I worked 17 years for a IC and just up and walked out one day and never looked back this company will never change the only thing they change is lettering IC to ISP their running out of labels and by the way I walked out so that means I quit "RIGHT" so if it is so legal why did unemployment grant me unemployment benefits why cause I was right and they were wrong and the future for FedEx is that there is no future because sooner or later Amazon will be the next big delivery company delivering their own products and FedEx all they will be doing is delivering a bunch of air to a courthouse .Anybody that agrees with this company and they way they operate is just totally out of their minds. I wonder how many of these contractors still 1099 their drivers that would be interesting to know. Thanks Mr. FedEx keep up the good post. May another job find you soon.

It will be fine

I read a lot of your post why are you the only one that GETS IT .... I worked 17 years for a IC and just up and walked out one day and never looked back this company will never change the only thing they change is lettering IC to ISP their running out of labels and by the way I walked out so that means I quit "RIGHT" so if it is so legal why did unemployment grant me unemployment benefits why cause I was right and they were wrong and the future for FedEx is that there is no future because sooner or later Amazon will be the next big delivery company delivering their own products and FedEx all they will be doing is delivering a bunch of air to a courthouse .Anybody that agrees with this company and they way they operate is just totally out of their minds. I wonder how many of these contractors still 1099 their drivers that would be interesting to know. Thanks Mr. FedEx keep up the good post. May another job find you soon.

Maybe after 17 years your contractor just didn't fight the unemployment case. No contractors still 1099 their drivers.
I can't imagine how large of a company you could have if you bought an area 17 years ago and continued to grow with it. You'd probably have about 20 routes in that same area if not more by now. Instead you drove a truck and now play the victim.
I doubt amazon will be delivering anyone else's packages so I think fedex will be ok there.

kickpackage1

Maybe after 17 years your contractor just didn't fight the unemployment case. No contractors still 1099 their drivers.
I can't imagine how large of a company you could have if you bought an area 17 years ago and continued to grow with it. You'd probably have about 20 routes in that same area if not more by now. Instead you drove a truck and now play the victim.
I doubt amazon will be delivering anyone else's packages so I think fedex will be ok there.
Nope not playing the roll of a victim and yes I did choose to drive a truck and yes the contractor tried to fight it and yes he did LOOSE and lost big time and as far as Amazon you are wrong they will be delivering their own products . I was to smart to buy routes thats why I drove a truck

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nope not playing the roll of a victim and yes I did choose to drive a truck and yes the contractor tried to fight it and yes he did LOOSE and lost big time and as far as Amazon you are wrong they will be delivering their own products . I was to smart to buy routes thats why I drove a truck

He said that he doubted that amazon will be delivering anyone else's packages.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You really need to work on your reading comprehension skills.

He never said Amazon was not a threat. They have the ability and resources to be a major player in the package delivery game. What he did say is that he doubts that Amazon will be delivery anyone else's packages, i.e. Macy's, J C Penney, etc.

At least 1/3 of my residentials are Amazon. I shudder to think of a UPS without Amazon.

bbsam

Staff member
You really need to work on your reading comprehension skills.

He never said Amazon was not a threat. They have the ability and resources to be a major player in the package delivery game. What he did say is that he doubts that Amazon will be delivery anyone else's packages, i.e. Macy's, J C Penney, etc.

At least 1/3 of my residentials are Amazon. I shudder to think of a UPS without Amazon.
I think Amazon will fail horribly in this endeavor if they are attempting to us a contracted work force as I think I've heard.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think Amazon will fail horribly in this endeavor if they are attempting to us a contracted work force as I think I've heard.

UPS thought the same about RPS.

I'm not saying in any way that Amazon Delivery would ever grow to rival the Big 3 but given time they will grow to where they will be 100% autonomous.

bbsam

Staff member
UPS thought the same about RPS.

I'm not saying in any way that Amazon Delivery would ever grow to rival the Big 3 but given time they will grow to where they will be 100% autonomous.
Agreed. But the climate has changed and the "Eye of Sauron" is focused on companies using contractors. What RPS got away with in the 80's and 90's won't fly today and while Amazon is huge, I doubt they will be able to handle the multiple legal and IRS challenges that would arise almost overnight. I mean c'mon...they don't even turn a profit yet. Legal and IRS battles would have investors running.