Accident Rate

hypo hanna

Look up "FedEx Van Driver Collides With Semi in Cushing, OK" on YouTube. I've had close to 200 people ask me about him in 3 weeks on route.

shhh! Accidents like that are kept a secret within FedEx. Instead of using them as a learning tool, it is swept under the rug. If we don't talk about it, it didn't happen right?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Nobody cares about you bro. Now go watch that baseball game on your 60" flat screen while your drivers stand in line at the local food bank.:(

TV will never be important enough to me to buy a big screen TV. Currently on my way to Chi to see the musical "The Book of Mormon". Probably going to cost the same as a 60" TV but it's for the experience.

I saw the Book of Mormon and I have a big screen :p

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I had very high hopes for it...... It did not disappoint. Defiantly vulgar at times and some will be offended. Those that are obviously have no clue as to what "from the creators of South Park" means.

bbsam

Staff member
I thought the same thing. I walked in and saw all these kindly Grandma and Grandpa aged people and thought, "Oh my. They just have no idea...." I had lowered my expectations thinking it just couldn't be as good as everybody had said. It was. I laughed with tears from the first "Ding-dong" to the last. Very impressive.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
shhh! Accidents like that are kept a secret within FedEx. Instead of using them as a learning tool, it is swept under the rug. If we don't talk about it, it didn't happen right?

Great point. This kind of accident absolutely should be used as a learning tool, but here is what's really happening. As soon as this accident happened, FedEx Legal was on the job making sure that exposure to any liability would be minimized and that the courier would be blamed. It sounds like the accident was preventable and that the courier was at-fault, but they want to make sure. Next, FedEx PR swings into action to minimize the spread of information. Since the accident was on-the-job it will fall under Oklahoma's worker's comp laws, meaning that the employee's family won't be getting a settlement beyond basic life insurance. The lowest priority is the employee. Sure, FedEx will retire their route and put a banner on the wall, send cheap flowers and a card...the usual. It was actually nice that they covered routes so fellow employees could attend the service.

Once all of this is done, there is no reason that the accident couldn't be used as a learning tool. There's nothing like a picture or video of a crushed FedEx vehicle to drive home the point that this can happen to anyone at any time. Was the courier texting, distracted by using the PowerPad etc. or did they just make a mistake and not properly scan the situation? But they don't want that revealed, because it could potentially be used against them because they have potentially created an "unsafe work environment". Given today's Express expectations, the work environment has definitely become unsafe.

They don't want us to know how dangerous this job can be, nor do they want to air their dirty laundry, especially now that the accident rates are way up due to the insane push for productivity underway. They just want it to go away, like it didn't happen.

It really eats at me to hear of someone getting hurt or killed at FedEx because I know what the company is doing right now, and to think that someone died or was injured badly just so they could deliver faster is just plain WRONG. Don't play their game...BE SAFE.

DontThrowPackages

I only watched the video. What are the details and was it preventable?
Most of these accidents are preventable by taking your foot off the excelerator and slow down. Has anyone every heard of a driver getting fired for not making his goal?? I haven't. They would have to give the driver at least one Checkride before, I would think. And we all know how hesitant they are about giving checkrides. They might have to lower a goal or two. Nah no checkrides. Drive 5 mph under the speed limit and you just may save your live or some kids live.