Add-up the Takeaways Over the Years

bbsam

Staff member
Fred would like you to put decals on your truck that say it's a "hybrid" or running on natural gas, or hydrogen,or whatever else sounds good. While you're at it, slap a "Gulf Sea Turtle Rescue" sign on it and everything will be hunky-dory.

No. I was raised in a very green conscious and politically correct left leaning family. But guess what. Back then the doomsday scenario was that we were going to run out of oil. Hmmmm. Not so much. Where's the credibility? If we can build a 412hp V8 (2011 Ford Mustang--very cool!) that gets 26 mpg on the highway, we can easily get 35mph out of a 200hp V6 just need a society to reealuate it's priorities because really, who needs 412 hp to drive 8 miles to and from work? Well, besides me I mean.:happy2:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No. I was raised in a very green conscious and politically correct left leaning family. But guess what. Back then the doomsday scenario was that we were going to run out of oil. Hmmmm. Not so much. Where's the credibility? If we can build a 412hp V8 (2011 Ford Mustang--very cool!) that gets 26 mpg on the highway, we can easily get 35mph out of a 200hp V6 just need a society to reealuate it's priorities because really, who needs 412 hp to drive 8 miles to and from work? Well, besides me I mean.:happy2:

So you bought the Mustang instead of the Camaro? My point was that FedEx likes to project a green image. Between it's vehicle and aircraft fleets, it's pretty hard to say that FedEx is anywhere near green.

bbsam

Staff member
So you bought the Mustang instead of the Camaro? My point was that FedEx likes to project a green image. Between it's vehicle and aircraft fleets, it's pretty hard to say that FedEx is anywhere near green.
Haven't bought it yet. Have to find a "stripped down" model with six speed manual and it will be mine! I do like the camaro, but I've had too many problems with GM trucks at work and not in a hurry to give them any more money. Fords have been stellar for me. As far as corporations being "green" for now it's gimmicks and marketing. Once it makes bottom line sense though, there will be alot of truth to it. Case in point: if the Sprinters weren't such pieces of crap, that drive line would be powering the fleet. Can't argue with 23 mph in a vehicle that size.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
My post was in response to Cactus who said "(h)eaven forbid they spend that on improving courier pay, buying new vehicles or even keeping stuff like powerpads and printers up to snuff." And when I pointed out that they did in fact spend over $100 million on trucks, Cactus then dismisses that because it weakens his/her argument.

Turned on by vehicles. Says a lot about you.

Well my comments like a FedEx aircraft sailed right over your head.

First of all if FedEx wants to stay in business a fleet of dependable vehicles is a must. If the fleet continues to deteriorate the the next thing you know Fred will want us to use our own personal vehicles. Yeah 3,000 new vehicles like that's the drop in the bucket we've been praying for. I'll bet those rose colored glasses you wear make everything FedEx does just honky dory. By the way you're the one who seems to be turned on by the purchase of the mighty 3,000 vehicles and you failed to recognize my remarks as condesending.

And by the way the cost for those 3,000 vehicles is closer to $10,000,000 not 100 million.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Haven't bought it yet. Have to find a "stripped down" model with six speed manual and it will be mine! I do like the camaro, but I've had too many problems with GM trucks at work and not in a hurry to give them any more money. Fords have been stellar for me. As far as corporations being "green" for now it's gimmicks and marketing. Once it makes bottom line sense though, there will be alot of truth to it. Case in point: if the Sprinters weren't such pieces of crap, that drive line would be powering the fleet. Can't argue with 23 mph in a vehicle that size.

Do they still make the Bullitt Edition? Every time I YouTube that chase scene from the movie I want one.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Not this year. But I know what you mean.

Of the 3 pony cars, I prefer the Challenger because it looks most like the original IMO. The Camaro looks nothing like it's ancestors, but the Mustang does. I'd take any of them but the Challenger R/T with the Hemi would be quite nice.

bbsam

Staff member
Of the 3 pony cars, I prefer the Challenger because it looks most like the original IMO. The Camaro looks nothing like it's ancestors, but the Mustang does. I'd take any of them but the Challenger R/T with the Hemi would be quite nice.

Challenger is nice, but they seem alot pricier for some reason. Doesn't seem like there are as many of them around either. Almost like Dodge is trying to create some kind of "limited edition schtick".

Fred would like you to put decals on your truck that say it's a "hybrid" or running on natural gas, or hydrogen,or whatever else sounds good. While you're at it, slap a "Gulf Sea Turtle Rescue" sign on it and everything will be hunky-dory.
Yeah they are so fake.Almost as fake as all your imaginary college degrees.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yeah they are so fake.Almost as fake as all your imaginary college degrees.

Look, I offered to send copies of the diplomas to the mods but you wouldn't accept that. I have a vested interest in remaining anonymous, which you apparently can't fathom. And yes, FedEx is completely fake about being green, but of course, you believe everything you are told like a good little mushroom. If you'd like to keep obsessing over your lack of education, go right ahead.

FedExer267

Hahaha green right, I guess its a good thing I dont work for FedEX. However I drive a truck that say FedEx all over it and it leaks disel fuel all over the road. I am personally waiting for the phone call to the terminal. Which will be funny considering my IC tells me to drive it and he will get to it. Yep still waiting unfortunatly for FEDEX it is not the IC'S name on the truck it is theirs. The only thing Green about my truck is the EX on it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hahaha green right, I guess its a good thing I dont work for FedEX. However I drive a truck that say FedEx all over it and it leaks disel fuel all over the road. I am personally waiting for the phone call to the terminal. Which will be funny considering my IC tells me to drive it and he will get to it. Yep still waiting unfortunatly for FEDEX it is not the IC'S name on the truck it is theirs. The only thing Green about my truck is the EX on it.

I'm guessing that a gas W600 or 700 gets about 5 mpg in PUD service and that a diesel W700 gets about 10. That's pretty green. Add-in the fact that 20 year-old trucks don't come close to meeting current emissions technology or standards and the green argument rings very hollow. I read somewhere that FedEx was the number 2 user of Jet A (jet fuel) in the world, so that makes us even greener, doesn't it? FedEx could give a crap about rescuing sea turtle eggs, but someone realized it would be excellent PR during the Gulf Oil Spill to spend a few bucks and create a major photo opportunity. If FedEx only cared about the turtles, they wouldn't have plastered the Custom Critical trucks with rescue logos that were about 20 feet long.

The next time you see FedEx flying relief supplies somewhere, count how many times the slogan "FedEx Cares" is plastered on containers, pallets, trucks, or employee sweatshirts. In company videos, it's the same thing whenever employees donate time for a worthy cause.....FedEx has to get the PR value out of it. Helping-out is great, but it should be done for it's own sake and not as an opportunity for some free advertising. "FedEx Cares"....not. Jesus would throw-up if he saw all of the fake charity.

FedExer267

If FedEx Cared you would get a decent wage good beneifits good retirement and I would be a employee. FedEx cares about the color green in the form of dollars and the are not willing to share it with their frontline employees/contractors that make them that money. Like I said a million times it sad when you can work 60 hours a week and still qualify for foodstamps.

quadro

Well my comments like a FedEx aircraft sailed right over your head.

First of all if FedEx wants to stay in business a fleet of dependable vehicles is a must. If the fleet continues to deteriorate the the next thing you know Fred will want us to use our own personal vehicles. Yeah 3,000 new vehicles like that's the drop in the bucket we've been praying for. I'll bet those rose colored glasses you wear make everything FedEx does just honky dory. By the way you're the one who seems to be turned on by the purchase of the mighty 3,000 vehicles and you failed to recognize my remarks as condesending.

And by the way the cost for those 3,000 vehicles is closer to $10,000,000 not 100 million.
No the aircraft thing didn't sail over my head. Many of the a/c that we have are old and not fuel efficient. So we buy new a/c and people complain because we spend so much on them. It's not like you can go to Big Lots and pickup a 777 or 787 etc.

3000 vehicles may be a drop in the bucket but when you spend in excess of $100 million (yes, 100, not 10...quick math lesson...w700's are about $45000 but I doubt all 3000 were w700's so let's just say $30K average for a vehicle. 30000 X 3000 = 90,000,000). But again, why consider facts when they get in the way of a good story.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No the aircraft thing didn't sail over my head. Many of the a/c that we have are old and not fuel efficient. So we buy new a/c and people complain because we spend so much on them. It's not like you can go to Big Lots and pickup a 777 or 787 etc.

3000 vehicles may be a drop in the bucket but when you spend in excess of $100 million (yes, 100, not 10...quick math lesson...w700's are about $45000 but I doubt all 3000 were w700's so let's just say $30K average for a vehicle. 30000 X 3000 = 90,000,000). But again, why consider facts when they get in the way of a good story.

How about the fact we are underpaid? Oops, forgot that one.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!

So my question for you is, are you an hourly or a manager? You speak as if you are in management, with your "we". "We" don't do anything, "FedEx" may buy or lease or steel or whatever else, but "WE" don't do anything. Just an observation from someone who reads your comments portraying yourself as a "regular" employee.

quadro

How about the fact we are underpaid? Oops, forgot that one.
Nope, didn't forget it. While it may be true, it's so cliched to just keep throwing it around to support whatever story is being told. Show me 100 people and 99 of them will say they should be paid more regardless of what they do and where they work. And who of those 100 wouldn't take more money if offered whether they felt they were underpaid or not? We all would like more money but I wasn't talking about pay that's why I didn't mention it. I've stated here that I think mid-range employees should get more so nice try.

quadro

So my question for you is, are you an hourly or a manager? You speak as if you are in management, with your "we". "We" don't do anything, "FedEx" may buy or lease or steel or whatever else, but "WE" don't do anything. Just an observation from someone who reads your comments portraying yourself as a "regular" employee.
For the umpteenth time, I am an hourly employee. I don't know about you but I do a lot of work everyday. I don't know who the "we" is that don't do anything but I'd sure like their job. I work for FedEx and consider myself part of that team. If I had said "they" I would be implying that I am not part of that entity.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Nope, didn't forget it. While it may be true, it's so cliched to just keep throwing it around to support whatever story is being told. Show me 100 people and 99 of them will say they should be paid more regardless of what they do and where they work. And who of those 100 wouldn't take more money if offered whether they felt they were underpaid or not? We all would like more money but I wasn't talking about pay that's why I didn't mention it. I've stated here that I think mid-range employees should get more so nice try.

Deflect and volley. Good strategy.