AFLAC

P700slave

I sure would like to know. I was under the impression they didn't offer it. If they do, someone please let us know how to sign up!!

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Good topic. I'm gonna look into Aflac as well as increasing my life insurance.
Currently only have a small life policy(100k).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Good topic. I'm gonna look into Aflac as well as increasing my life insurance.
Currently only have a small life policy(100k).

May I suggest you dump the life policy in favor of a term policy? I have a $500K term policy with a monthly premium of just under $50. It is a 20 year term which will expire shortly after I retire.

Aflac does not insure upsers. Look in to Combined, which pays in addition to comp and any STD/LTD payments.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
May I suggest you dump the life policy in favor of a term policy? I have a $500K term policy with a monthly premium of just under $50. It is a 20 year term which will expire shortly after I retire.

Aflac does not insure upsers. Look in to Combined, which pays in addition to comp and any STD/LTD payments.
Thanks. I will

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I have supplemental insurance through Northwestern Mutual, but there are several more who will insure UPSers. Google supplemental insurance and then start checking different company websites for terms and contact info. Most of them have a webform that you can fill out and a rep will call you, get your info and quote you a price. Rates vary significantly, so I would get prices from at least 3 companies before making a decision.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

STD pays us 66% of our hourly wage, right (without overtime)? AFLAC, or another company allows us to fill in the gap between that and what we actually make?

Does LTD also pay 66%?

gingerkat

Aflac is a bad choice, look elsewhere. Better and cheaper policies. It doesn't really matter though, it's up to management to allow Aflac sales reps through the door to give them the sales pitch, then to allow reps to come back on company time to give each person the same thing. Too time consuming and costly for most employers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Aflac is a bad choice, look elsewhere. Better and cheaper policies. It doesn't really matter though, it's up to management to allow Aflac sales reps through the door to give them the sales pitch, then to allow reps to come back on company time to give each person the same thing. Too time consuming and costly for most employers.

I have had Combined for as long as I remember. Any payments received from Combined are independent of comp/STD/LTD. Combined sales reps are not allowed on property (nor should they be) but are easily accessible through the Internet. Supplemental health insurance can be a smart decision but one that needs to be researched thoroughly before signing on the dotted line.

upschuck

My local offers AFLAC, but think that should be a benefit in the contract. This place wears a body down so that most off the job injuries could be traced back to the job.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Just playing Devil's Advocate here

If you knew you would get paid fully for being injured, I think that would increase the likelihood of bad safety mechanics in our daily procedures. If UPS offered us this, there would be an increase in injuries and lack of caring about looking before stepping or grabbing handrails or worse if that trickled into bad driving behavior.

Is this why it isn't offered or is it because they'd have to come through the door and use company time to woo us into a combined supplement plan?

Johney

There are a couple guys in our building who have policies regarding comp. They make more money while out than while working.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I have employment insurance that pays me if I get suspended or discharged.
I find it more prudent of a policy as I already have workers comp, short and long term disability.
All I have while off during the grievance process is possibly unemployment, which the company would most certainly contest.
How many people have you seen in this trick bag, while off days,weeks, or months as the company maintains their position of discharge?
PM me for more info.