After interview Pre load supervisor question

upschuck

Yeah it's mainly to get something on a resume so I can jump the expierence gap when I graduate with my bachleors. Also they pay for schooling and for the years I'll be there there's no point in me starting off hourly. Being a driver is something I do not want to do
Good luck to you, but go in with eyes wide open, no utopia here anymore. Knowing that is temp, then you'll probably fair better than most, since you can see the light before you even start. Future employers will like seeing UPS in your work history.

PT Car Washer

How are you going to supervise your employees in a job some of them have been doing for years as a new off the street PT sup? How are you going to train a new employee in a job you have never done before? Why would UPS hire you into this position? Maybe because nobody but you would take the job? Have fun.

kizzy

How are you going to supervise your employees in a job some of them have been doing for years as a new off the street PT sup? How are you going to train a new employee in a job you have never done before? Why would UPS hire you into this position? Maybe because nobody but you would take the job? Have fun.

For the first few weeks I will be trained as anyone else that is new. I will see what the veterans do and ask what they think could be done to make things run more efficiently. There's always going to be someone more experienced than you anywhere you go. Most pt handlers have jobs to do after work here in the Midwest leading to more outside hires. I have minor prior exp in managing people and the same concepts apply, firm but fair

PT Car Washer

I wish you much success in your new job. I also am in the Midwest and try to cut the new PT sups a lot of slack as I have learned most of them are pretty good guys and just trying to do their job. Do your self a favor and get a copy of the contract book and read it and understand it. Some of the guys you will be supervising have most of it memorized and will burn you every chance they get. Most will be young guys working their first real job and will expect you to have all the answers.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Absolutely stupid statement.

Sent using BrownCafe App
keep-calm-and-look-both-ways-5-1.png

Rubber Puckies

I'm interested to know the process of getting hired into UPS as a PT sup. Did you have to take personality tests as well, or did you just submit a resume?

RP

Rubber Puckies

It doesn't take 20 years to figure out what the process is, especially as an insider. If he's going to school, this is a perfect opportunity to build up his resume and come out of college with management experience and a degree. There is a learning curve but its not rocket science.

RP

PT Car Washer

No the job is not rocket science. It is so dumbed down that any 18 year old High School graduate can do it. Oh, you didn't graduate? How about a GED? You do what you are told to do and if you can't they will find someone else. I agree, it does look good on a resume.

kizzy

I'm interested to know the process of getting hired into UPS as a PT sup. Did you have to take personality tests as well, or did you just submit a resume?

RP
No tests, I just did an interview and they took my drivers license and SS number down to do background checks i assume, said they'd call me back in a week or so when its all done. not really sure exactly where I stand but I should find out this friday.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Congrats and I hope you do get called !!Working at UPS is not like working at a normal civilized company which you read about in your college text book...
Plz Plz plz don't go in there with the "I can make this a better place "" attitude...You will be eaten alive!
Don't Go in with " I can change this place and make it more efficient "" Their way is the only way, They will force you to lean on certain people no matter how much of a good guy you are ,,its just a number to them ,numbers are all that matter if you cant make them, you will be replaced like a defective part with some one who can !!
I'm not trying to discourage you, only to prepare and enlighten you to the truth....good luck !![/quote]

Rubber Puckies

No tests, I just did an interview and they took my drivers license and SS number down to do background checks i assume, said they'd call me back in a week or so when its all done. not really sure exactly where I stand but I should find out this friday.
I guess the tests are just for people being promoted into it. Kind of odd that you put people on the inside through more hoops, though they would at least be somewhat familiar with the job requirements.

RP

kizzy

I guess the tests are just for people being promoted into it. Kind of odd that you put people on the inside through more hoops, though they would at least be somewhat familiar with the job requirements.

RP
Update, called back a week later HR said they have not arrived at a decision yet and will be calling everyone soon. Good? Bad? Any insight on this anyone?

Rubber Puckies

I don't know how HR works, and I'm pretty sure nobody else does. You'd think they'd have an answer within the week. Maybe they need to have a business meeting at the local saloon before they make their decision ;)

RP

KBlakk

Overworked & Underpaid
Update, called back a week later HR said they have not arrived at a decision yet and will be calling everyone soon. Good? Bad? Any insight on this anyone?

It's neutral... U will learn that UPS is a please call us, we won't call you type of company. Another piece of advice I will leave u with is, HR is only part of the decision making "team" when it comes to selecting a management candidate. It won't hurt to "advertise" yourself to full-time Preload sup or center manager because ultimately they will be who answer to on the immediate level.

Sent using BrownCafe App

kizzy

It's neutral... U will learn that UPS is a please call us, we won't call you type of company. Another piece of advice I will leave u with is, HR is only part of the decision making "team" when it comes to selecting a management candidate. It won't hurt to "advertise" yourself to full-time Preload sup or center manager because ultimately they will be who answer to on the immediate level.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I have no way to contact the facility management. What would you suggest?