Ahmed, The Terrorist

10 point

All of our local schools have upgraded their security. I now have to pass through a series of locked doors to get to the office. Ironically there are days when the students, who are the ones these measures were supposed to protect, will hold the doors open for me.
Security is only as good as it's training and implemented processes.
Too often the risks aren't taken seriously until it's too late. Home securities are worthless if you don't turn them on.
Unfortunately, that's how most learn. By pain.
The hard way.

moreluck

golden ticket member
169117_600.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
All of our local schools have upgraded their security. I now have to pass through a series of locked doors to get to the office. Ironically there are days when the students, who are the ones these measures were supposed to protect, will hold the doors open for me.

are you sure they aren't holding the doors shut

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Every where Ahmed goes he tells the same old story , yet no ones hears the whole story just his twisted version .
And how was his father able to run for president in Syria , twice , without leaving Texas ?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Adam Lanza encountered a locked front door at Sandy Hook. He simply blew it apart with his rifle and proceeded into the "gun free zone" where he knew he would encounter no effective resistance.

Locks and alarms and cameras are great if the goal is to FEEL safe. Armed teachers are necessary if the goal is to actually BE safe.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Home fires are not a rare occurrence. School shootings are.
You're 0 for 3.
School shootings apparently occur often enough that there are people who want to use them as justification for infringing upon our Second Amendment rights. If that be the case, then it also means they occur often enough to look for solutions (like armed teachers) that DONT infringe upon our Second Amendment rights.

You cant have it both ways.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
School shootings apparently occur often enough that there are people who want to use them as justification for infringing upon our Second Amendment rights. If that be the case, then it also means they occur often enough to look for solutions (like armed teachers) that DONT infringe upon our Second Amendment rights.

You cant have it both ways.
That's my point, the calls for more gun control after shootings is just as ridiculous as the calls for more armed teachers. That's not having it both ways, it's not having it either way.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Adam Lanza encountered a locked front door at Sandy Hook. He simply blew it apart with his rifle and proceeded into the "gun free zone" where he knew he would encounter no effective resistance.

Locks and alarms and cameras are great if the goal is to FEEL safe. Armed teachers are necessary if the goal is to actually BE safe.

The day we arm our teachers is the day I pay to have my granddaughter home schooled.

rod

Retired 22 years

I would be ok with armed teachers providing they weren't like some of the wackos I had in school. :-)

rod

Retired 22 years
You heard right!

I had an old gal for History in high school (public school) who was death with one of those things. She would make you hold out your hand and then smack you across the knuckles as hard as she could. Even though she was as old as History herself she had a good swing on her. I always heard the Nuns were worse.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hubby had a nun come near and say "young man, give me that rubber band."....Then he made the mistake of throwing it to her instead of handing it to her. She got him in the knuckles real good. You can see him break out in sweat when he tells that story.

Sportello

From anecdotal evidence, it would seem that Catholic religious orders are very violence prone group. Terrorists, one could say.