All air routes getting eliminated?

MAKAVELI

This confirms for me the difficulty of getting the job done without failing the service time cutoffs. Maybe this will be another little Management experiment that goes south, forcing them to immediately backtrack. It reminds me of when the first rolled out ground service on Saturdays. The forced half the drivers to bid a Tuesday to Saturday shift. 2 or 3 weeks later they realized that a crap ton of the slated volume couldn't move, since, you know, most businesses were closed to deliveries on Saturdays. They then had about 2 thirds of the recently converted Tuesday to Saturday crew rebid back into Monday through Friday. Colossal screw up.

Alternatively, they could just stop offering air service with a 10:30/noon guarantee and change it all to end of day.
If y'all could get your :censored2: together, UPS could eat FedEx s lunch with on time air service when FedEx is trying to find a way to give it's Express services to Ground contractors.

If y'all could get your :censored2: together, UPS could eat FedEx s lunch with on time air service when FedEx is trying to find a way to give it's Express services to Ground contractors.
As long as you guys are full-on :censored2:ting the bed, we can cut a shart every once in a while without notice, as long as we're still better. Awful mentality, can't even begin to understand it, but I am sure I'll never be able to rationalize a woman's ideas.

MAKAVELI

As long as you guys are full-on :censored2:ting the bed, we can cut a shart every once in a while without notice, as long as we're still better. Awful mentality, can't even begin to understand it, but I am sure I'll never be able to rationalize a woman's ideas.
FedEx has some very high revenue, lucrative Express volume. It would take a lot more than what you perceive as still better to get that volume. I'm just saying, if UPS put forth the effort to rival Express service, you could steal that volume and crush FedEx.

FedEx has some very high revenue, lucrative Express volume. It would take a lot more than what you perceive as still better to get that volume. I'm just saying, if UPS put forth the effort to rival Express service, you could steal that volume and crush FedEx.
No, my post was in agreement with you, sorry if it was ambiguous. I can't wrap my mind around why we don't take those steps. It would really take minimal effort to make that happen.

Brownwind

No, my post was in agreement with you, sorry if it was ambiguous. I can't wrap my mind around why we don't take those steps. It would really take minimal effort to make that happen.
Don’t overthink it. It’s a simple matter but even getting a response to a sales lead is like finding Waldo.
You know he’s there but can’t quite figure it out

DOK

True, but the reason to have air drivers is to meet the service deadlines:

"Section 1. Air Drivers

(a) Air driver work shall consist of delivery and pickup of air packages which, because of time and customer commitments, cannot be reasonably performed by regular package drivers"

That's the air driver's raison d'etre (that means "reason for being" in pig latin). Sure, you could try to throw 4 or 5 ground routes into the mix to try to get one air driver's route done on time, in addition to the existing air on the ground routes. But in this case, you've sacrificed all that those man hours, fuel, and wear and tear on the vehicles to get it done. And you're going to have lates, even then. Might as well keep an air driver route. Well, they're likely to go ahead with this. We'll see how it all pans out.
Bruh they don’t care about the air anymore, in my center if the air trailer isn’t on time and can’t be processed before the drivers start time they don’t even open the trailer, they just save it for the next day.

Commercial Inside Release

If your job is predicated on the word "exception", I would always worry that the Company will try to eliminate your work.
You keep posting this, but the vast majority of air drivers are Bid Air Drivers, not Exception Air Drivers.

New York had some kind of grievance that changed air driving there, because the ground drivers claimed it was their work, especially EAMs. Are you in New York?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You keep posting this, but the vast majority of air drivers are Bid Air Drivers, not Exception Air Drivers.

New York had some kind of grievance that changed air driving there, because the ground drivers claimed it was their work, especially EAMs. Are you in New York?
I'm saying that the following language defines the work that air drivers can be utilized for as "exception" work that is not guaranteed to exist, whether you hold the position as a bid or do it on a daily need basis.

The Company can (and is) changing the parameters (like commit times) to eliminate these exceptions and there is nothing that can be done contractually to stop it.

....and no, I'm not from New York.

1000012147.jpg