Allergy Relief/Tips

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by yeaalabama1212, Apr 12, 2012.

1. This time of the year is terrible for drivers like me who suffer from allergies. Anyone have any suggestions, tips? Taking Claritin but it doesn't seem to be working. Can't do allergy shots either being that they are given over the course of months before they are effective.

2. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Get a job that doesn't require you to be in the elements and nature.

3. For what reason did that require sarcasm? There are plenty of people who choose to work outside and suffer from allergies.

4. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

They have rubs and gels that you can get to rub on that protect you.

5. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Because he can? Because it was funny?

6. cachsux

cachsux Wah

I am a huge believer in flushing the sinus' as needed during the course of the day. Unfortunately my barn has a large utility "alley" running between it and the railyard next door and it has every imaginable type of weed growing in it. When allergy season is in, and it's now thanks to the warm winter, I have a 1 ltr water bottle with a pop top that I put approx a teaspoon of salt in then fill with water. When ever the sneezing or irritation comes on I stop and run water through my sinus and then blow it out. It's immediate relief and I have cut way down on the meds taking.

On that subject having a CDL we have to be careful what is taken to prevent false results from showing up on any drug tests. If you're going to a Dr. Make sure they are aware of your CDL when they prescribe drugs as some are on the no-no list.

7. Thanks for tip. I've never tried flushing my sinuses but I'm getting to the point where I will try almost anything. I swear I have sneezed at least 100 x's everyday for the past week.

8. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

Seriously, trust me on this one. Im not a mother nature freak but I literally had to go around with kleenex stuffed in my nostrils. OIL of Oregano. Go to the health food store, they will fix you right up. Do a search, you will see.

9. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Believe me it's immediate if only temporary. Had to do it myself since that post. Softball game dust was burning my sinus and now its gone. The great thing is it's dirt cheap, a bit of salt and some tap water. Some may talk of distilled water,etc but I point out that tap water is what we bathe and swim in and it's ok when it gets in your sinus then. Why not anytime? The salt balances the PH and eliminates the "sting" that straight water causes.

10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Stupid question alert: What do you do with the oil of oregano?

11. cachsux

cachsux Wah

I believe that has to be taken rectally.

12. toonertoo

I believe you are wrong. and a goofball

13. toonertoo

it can be used topically, for arthritis pains. I take it internally and have not had hay fever, sinus problems, a cold or flu in years.
    Uses of Oil of Oregano

14. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Come on, Tooner. Product test for us!!

15. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

I usually ask for oil and oregano on my samich at Subway. No wonder I'm a picture of health.

16. cachsux

cachsux Wah

It say "Taken internally". It doesn't say which entry has to be used to get it there, so :raspberry-tounge:

17. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Spermicides and K Y jelly that warms it up. For him and her.

18. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Google a neddi pot it cleans out your sinuses daily.

19. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

You're definitely new if you don't know that I am A) here for my sarcastic wit and 2) owner of the only NY Times best selling thread ever here. And BTW, welcome to BC. Enjoy the ride!

20. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

My thread has the most hits on the brown cafe. Big personality thread.