Amazon already bigger delivery company than UPS and FedEx by volume.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Do we really want all Amazon’s crap? I never heard that it was very profitable. Seems like it would just be a lot of bloated volume when most of our facilities are currently stretched way past their original design capacity. We’re already too big to fail.

Of course I’m not a UPS executive and I don’t have the data in front of me. I’m just making assumptions. I think it’s safe to assume that Amazon consoomer junk has a much lower margin than the critical healthcare NDA we’re focusing on now.
Why not raise the price

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
UPS and FedEx are no longer the largest delivery companies in the US

They only launched delivery about 8 years ago (took a few years to go national) and as of 2022 they deliver more pieces than we do. No doubt much more small pieces vs our larger parcels.

Just nuts how fast they grow in everything they set out to do. I know UPS isn't chasing volume anymore but it's still something significant to note.
There isn't any company out there that can handle the amount of packages in the system 3,-4 Is about it

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
We’ve sat on the sidelines for over a decade now patting ourselves on our own backs. Trying to convince ourselves that we’re the most wonderful humans on earth and that Amazon, or anyone else for that matter, could never compete against us. Well the time has now come, our descent into obscurity has begun. As far as mistreated Amazon employees, or our unmatchable level of service, no one cares. Every Amazon delivery I get has a driver who’s smiling and time in transit that seems to be one step ahead of us.

542thruNthru

sounds like my old center ---especially with part timers.
UPS isn't even close to what Amazon is as a revolving door. Let's see if I can put it into terms you'll understand.

UPS is like your old man bladder... it trickles out and you're in the restroom cursing it.

Amazon is like when you were 20 and the flow was steady, even and you were out in a flash.

Over70irregs

UPS and FedEx are no longer the largest delivery companies in the US

They only launched delivery about 8 years ago (took a few years to go national) and as of 2022 they deliver more pieces than we do. No doubt much more small pieces vs our larger parcels.

Just nuts how fast they grow in everything they set out to do. I know UPS isn't chasing volume anymore but it's still something significant to note.
Not sure why we never sold our own products. I asked sales and management for years with their blank faces.

FromOffTheStreets

I have yet to decyfer who is making $ on a case of water, shipped across country.

Or Gatorade or monsters or dog food....

Someone is profiting less than a dollar per item. Yet these are the same people that tell us climate change will destroy us in a few years.

Over70irregs

I have yet to decyfer who is making $ on a case of water, shipped across country.

Someone is profiting less than a dollar per item. Yet these are the same people that tell us climate change will destroy us in a few years.
Climate change is all the diesel required to mine Tesla parts and recharge stations

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
They did it right under our noses by pitting UPS, FedEx and the USPS against each another in bidding wars for the volume.

They then used the inflated profits to build their network and infrastructure to eventually compete against those who made it all possible.

Had all three entities had the vision and sense to push Amazon off with higher, comparable prices to their other customers, they may have hastened Amazon's delivery network growth and may not be looking over their shoulders now, wondering when Amazon will start offering delivery and pickup services to their other existing customers.
They still don't make a profit in their shipping business. All money comes from their Internet scam. They will fall hard. Once it is revealed that it is government owned.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Corporate America is profiting, not those clamoring about climate change?

rod

Retired 22 years
UPS isn't even close to what Amazon is as a revolving door. Let's see if I can put it into terms you'll understand.

UPS is like your old man bladder... it trickles out and you're in the restroom cursing it.

Amazon is like when you were 20 and the flow was steady, even and you were out in a flash.

I see you have taken over Dave's job as resident know it all.