Amazon contract up?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BlackCoffee, Apr 12, 2015.

1. BlackCoffee

BlackCoffee Member

Heard thru the grapevine that the Amazon contract expires this August. Can anyone verify this?

2. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

How was your Easter?

4. BlackCoffee

BlackCoffee Member

Pretty good. and yours?

5. UpstateNYUPSer

Mine was fine. Did you end up having to work?

6. BlackCoffee

BlackCoffee Member

Nope what? can't verify or contract not up? and if not up when is it up cause these people sounded like they knew inside info.

7. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

Not true. Our local Amazon hub has said that UPS won't be able to handle them once they open, which is very soon

8. UpstateNYUPSer

The FNN is good but it is not that good.

9. BlackCoffee

BlackCoffee Member

yes. UPS doesn't give a :censored2: about the employees and their families we didn't have off if that's what you mean. I did decide and go in. there was approx. only 60 percent attendance. lots of people called in. there is always poor attendance on sundays, dont know why UPS even keeps us working on sunday, but easter sunday the attendance was quite poor.

my hub works all Sundays. even Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day.

we even get screwed out of 3 days weekends because we work the Sunday before Memorial Day and Labor day

10. BlackCoffee

BlackCoffee Member

FNN??

11. UpstateNYUPSer

So do we have more whining to look forward to on Mother's Day or are you going to man up and realize that working holidays that fall on Sundays is part of the job?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  12. UpstateNYUPSer

Feeder News Network

13. BlackCoffee

BlackCoffee Member

just telling it like it is dude.

no manning up necessary I am not going in on Mother's Day. many others are calling i as well.

yeah, sunday part of a job that deals with boxes. LOL!!

14. BlackCoffee

BlackCoffee Member

what does the Feeder News Network (whatever and wherever that is) has to do with the Amazon contract?

what is it a website?

15. UpstateNYUPSer

The FNN knows about operational and technology changes long before they are announced and they would be among the first to know of any changes associated with Amazon.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. BlackCoffee

BlackCoffee Member

i think the guys I heard this from know about FNN. must be some validity to it. most workers in my hub are happy that we may be losing Amazon.

17. UpstateNYUPSer

Your co-workers are idiots if they think losing Amazon would be a good thing for them and for the company.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  18. It's too bad they put a gun to your head, forcing you to work Sundays... Oh wait....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  19. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

Oh boy oh boy. Another "we are losing Amazon" thread. Wish I had a fist full of quarters for every time one of these popped up.

20. box_beeyotch

box_beeyotch Well-Known Member

Why would anyone think losing Amazon is a good thing? That might be the dumbest thing I have ever read on this forum.