Amazon Extending Prime Discount to EBT Card Holders

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
....is it because we are spending our money bankrolling the muslim "refugees"?
More so we are bankrolling a useless war fought in Iraq that should never have happened. Had we kept our noses out of that country there is a better than even chance the world wouldn't be seeing the Muslim refugee problem today.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Not that simple. I wasn't made that way. It's why I've only had one 1-night stand in my life.
has-one-night-stand-but-way-too-many-books-to-fit-on-it.jpg

refineryworker05

Amazon, in an effort to counter Walmart's aggressive online discounting, will begin offering $5.99/month Prime memberships to valid Electronic Benefit Transfer card holders.

Amazon discounts Prime for government assistance customers

This is a weird thread.

I never get anger at "welfare" recipients, given how our government actually functions. Welfare is a program that was reformed in 1996 and renamed tanf and for which federal spending has not increased for 21 years. That's right direct cash welfare spending hasn't increased in 21 years. There are work requirements and a 5 year max limit. I think like 1.7million households nationwide receive this benefit there are over 130 million total American households.

Yet, the wealthiest Americans and most powerful business interests created a whole industry to constantly beg the government to do stuff for their benefit, to help them out. We call that begging lobbying. Heck, the wealthy and businesses don't even do their own begging, they pay other people to beg the government for them. We call these professional beggars lobbyists.

The rich get back so much money from constantly begging the government at all levels by the way(local, state, and federal), that they can afford to pay their professional beggars enough so they become rich.

None of this stuff is hidden, we all see it. There is zero anger at this stuff from the kinds of people who get angry because a family gets a small check for a few years. No those people are "costing" us money. lol The welfare budget, tanf is 16.5 billion per year the federal budget is over 4trillion per year, that's much less than even 1% of federal spending.

Stop lying, its not about the money or the cost. Cause all of the known "welfare programs" tanf, section 8 housing, food stamps, WIC amount to a relatively small percentage of federal spending.

Its about who you "imagine" to be getting that spending. That's not about fiscal restraint or keeping more of your own money or budget deficits, that's about oh I don't want "those people" to get any benefit from my government and my money.

Last edited:

refineryworker05

Amazon, in an effort to counter Walmart's aggressive online discounting, will begin offering $5.99/month Prime memberships to valid Electronic Benefit Transfer card holders.

Amazon discounts Prime for government assistance customers
Also, been using Amazon Prime for years now. At first, I thought it was a waste of money, but that 2 day shipping is fantastic. We send our son food from the Amazon pantry cause he is away at college. I do all my xmas shopping on Amazon. I avoid the crowds. And you get access to some music and movies and tv shows( I rarely use this feature). To me for the price of $100 a year, that is a good value.

Ms.PacMan

Bezos is at it again - keeping Amazon in the news as a form of advertising.

$5.99/mo is $72/yr which is the same discount for college kids and almost the same price as prime when it's on sale for $79.

Then cue the discussion threads talking about how great it is to have Amazon prime.