Amazon says it's drones will be as common as seeing a mail truck

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Gee thanks. I've flown as a pilot in UAS operations areas. I've gotten traffic alerts for UAS aircraft (it's a little unnerving hearing a predator is 3 miles off your right wing). But it doesn't stop private citizens from flying around airports. You hear it at JFK almost daily on the tower frequency.
Yawn.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Stephen-Colbert-Saying-Go-Away.gif

UPSGUY72

This is a marketing ploy to keep amazon in the headlines.

That's all it is since the FAA says a person has to actually be flying the drone so for every drone they wanted to fly they would need to hire a person to fly. They could never charge enough to overcome the overhead costs and actually make money.

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
I don't know why people think it's okay. Just what I need is to dodge some idiot's drone while I'm low and slow.
Yup. I was shooting approaches. Ovc at about 900' and they were skimming the bottom of it. After I landed I went over there and told them exactly how dangerous they were. Idiots man.

I'd like to see the drone needed to hump a Pottery Barn kids bed onto a porch.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Yup. I was shooting approaches. Ovc at about 900' and they were skimming the bottom of it. After I landed I went over there and told them exactly how dangerous they were. Idiots man.

I'd like to see the drone needed to hump a Pottery Barn kids bed onto a porch.
Just what you need, clouds near minimums, pop out from under them "Runway in sight 12 o'clock, OH CRAP A DRONE!"