Amazon says it's drones will be as common as seeing a mail truck

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Netflix is on amazon when amazon has their own movies and tv show thing set up?
Yep. Amazon is the host. It's actually not too uncommon. They have massive server infrastructure, they can lease it to Netflix and Netflix can keep their capital investment costs low.

It can come back to bite though. Amazon's servers went down a few years ago and brought Netflix services down with them.

moldsporh

If that happened to me, I would have a drone just to land on top of the one invading my privacy.

Not flying over my restricted airspace.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
1439934815-droneshot.jpg

moldsporh

Actually I would empty a hopper full of paintballs on a drone that flew over....it would surely take out the props.

If it came back, then a spud gun on a howitzer base would likely get the job done.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
What is?

Paintballs on someone's drone flying over my yard?

Shouldn't have been there.
Airspace is in the public domain. You only own the airspace up to 500 feet. Above that they have every right to operate in there. If you buy something through Amazon that utilizes drones you're also authorizing them to make the delivery with the drone.

moldsporh

Airspace is in the public domain. You only own the airspace up to 500 feet. Above that they have every right to operate in there. If you buy something through Amazon that utilizes drones you're also authorizing them to make the delivery with the drone.

After searching, it seems paintballs don't have the best effect on them.

Looks like a baseball, drilled to hold about 10 long streams of fishing line to entangle the propellers would be the safest bet.

Or a wrist rocket launching something small with fishing line tied to it would work.