Amazon Wrecks Car, Refuses to Pay!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I’m guessing she’s in Land O’Lakes, FL. According to my insurance company, when my car was totaled last year by someone I was told Florida is a no-fault state. That means each company pays for their insuree and anything over that the insurance companies fight it out. I wonder why her insurance company isn’t taking care of this?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I’m guessing she’s in Land O’Lakes, FL. According to my insurance company, when my car was totaled last year by someone I was told Florida is a no-fault state. That means each company pays for their insuree and anything over that the insurance companies fight it out. I wonder why her insurance company isn’t taking care of this?
It said she was from Land O Lakes

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
What are your thoughts on this?

She was in the vehicle when it was hit? Ow ow my neck, my back I’m in pain and can’t move. And get a lawyer. Big company…..equals sweet settlement.

That’s what I did. Granted my totaled car was insured at the time in Illinois (which is not a no fault state) and the accident happened when I was visiting in NY (a no fault state) so I’m not sure if that matters. Unfortunately I was hit by a private vehicle, not a commercial one while stopped at a red light, but her insurance paid for my rental, my flight home and got a check for my totaled car within a month and a separate settlement maybe 6 months later for whiplash/neck pain.

Last edited:

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
this is why you need full coverage insurance. with full coverage insurance your insurance is on the hook to make you whole regardless of who is at fault. it just makes no difference at all from your end. so you don't even have to bother talking to the other party at all. you call your insurance, they pay you and then they go after the guy who is at fault to cover their costs, and they can't be given the runaround like you can because they know all the "give 'em the runaround" tricks themselves and do this every single day unlike you who have maybe zero experience in having some amazon mook wreck your car.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
this is why you need full coverage insurance. with full coverage insurance your insurance is on the hook to make you whole regardless of who is at fault. it just makes no difference at all from your end. so you don't even have to bother talking to the other party at all. you call your insurance, they pay you and then they go after the guy who is at fault to cover their costs, and they can't be given the runaround like you can because they know all the "give 'em the runaround" tricks themselves and do this every single day unlike you who have maybe zero experience in having some amazon mook wreck your car.
"In the United States, fault-based insurance laws are much more common compared to no-fault laws. Texas is one of 38 states plus the District of Columbia have a fault-based system, and only 12 states are no-fault states." Fault vs No-Fault Insurance Laws by State.

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
"In the United States, fault-based insurance laws are much more common compared to no-fault laws. Texas is one of 38 states plus the District of Columbia have a fault-based system, and only 12 states are no-fault states." Fault vs No-Fault Insurance Laws by State.
the problem this lady is having is not that amazon legally doesn't have to pay, it's that they're just not paying. they're legally required to but it's work for someone, and significantly more work for someone that doesn't know how to do it, to invoke the law to get them to cough it up. which is what amazon is betting on, that they can make it so difficult and fruitless for her to pursue it that she just gives up. if she gives up then they don't have to pay regardless of what the law says. and this is resoundingly common in all of those 38 states with fault based insurance laws, because the insurance guy on the other end of the phone call can hear it in your voice that you've never done this before.

Trucker Clock

That means each company pays for their insuree and anything over that the insurance companies fight it out.

Not true.

In no-fault States, the at-fault party's insurance is not liable for any medical claims or lost time injuries. But, they are still liable for property damage in most cases.

A Note on Vehicle Damage

While most no-fault coverage allows you to claim medical expenses, lost income, and other financial losses up to your no-fault policy limits, vehicle damage claims are typically not part of the no-fault scheme. Drivers and car owners typically rely on their own collision coverage to cover vehicle damage or an at-fault driver's liability policy, depending on the circumstances.