America the welfare state...

unionman

I think anyone in Aviation knows about the industry fairly well and its not something i would recommend in these times.

I will tone down my sarcasm if you can tone down your ass-u-me-ptions. Remember this...i will be standing next to you on the pickett line rain or shine when the time comes and lets hope it does not come to that. Peace brother.:peaceful:

I know you will be there in line if need be. I will try to turn off that ass-u-me-ption part of my brain if I can find it. Peace.

bbsam

Staff member
BLAME...there you go again...BLAME...BLAME...BLAME. Please focus...Look forward, if you keep looking backwards you are going to hit a brick wall.
I didn't say anything about a debt, in fact I don't care about your excuses. Blame and excuses are never a defense. At the end of the day, that is typically all the guilty have.
Would you then say that
"blame" is what the right does when they are crying about the debt that is going to be left to our children? Isn't that essentially jumping to the future in order to look backwards and "blame" the present day?

Would you then say that
"blame" is what the right does when they are crying about the debt that is going to be left to our children? Isn't that essentially jumping to the future in order to look backwards and "blame" the present day?

No, I would call that smart. Looking at where we are today, and predicting how todays actions will affect us in the future. We can't change what we did 2, 10, or 20 years ago. Would you dive into an empty swimming pool without thinking about the end result?

bbsam

Staff member
No, I would call that smart. Looking at where we are today, and predicting how todays actions will affect us in the future. We can't change what we did 2, 10, or 20 years ago. Would you dive into an empty swimming pool without thinking about the end result?
That would be a compelling argument if one could show that the "Conservatives" have a record of cutting spending. That is not the case. So would you dive into an empty swimming pool on the word of one of the conservative's campaign slogan if he said it was full of water?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I would dive into a swimming pool empty, if it would get rid of the empty headed no experience in business policies of this administration. How about we appoint someone who has business experience, knows how to understand how taxes affect people instead of how to avoid them, and knows how to let jobs be created, instead of how to employ more in the federal government. Ex: the census, sounds like a polish joke, (no offense to the polish) how many people does it take to count heads?. Why dont they just add up the numbers they have for the homeless, the unemployed, the people on welfare and the people who file taxes? Census done.saving billions.
And why dont they eliminate the capital bldg and all its expenditures, by using www.goto meeting.com. Everyone could stay in their hometown, see their constituents daily, and grandstand on the internet. Kinda like they do now, only without flying all the planes around, hurting the environment and stuff.

bbsam

Staff member
oooooo, yeah, business experience! Like maybe people from Goldman Sachs. Or Lehman Brothers. Remember how they used to joke about what would happen if a company was run like the government? Hmmmm.

oooooo, yeah, business experience! Like maybe people from Goldman Sachs. Or Lehman Brothers. Remember how they used to joke about what would happen if a company was run like the government? Hmmmm.

Goldman is gold.

wkmac

Goldman .... Gotti.....same teflon??

Goldman.....Gotti.......just can't bring yourself to drop that other shoe can you?

Here, let me help!

Goldman....Gotti....Government....same teflon??

Now see how easy that was! But I trust in time you'll get there and gov't will help you too.
:happy-very:

For those who think the gov't is out to protect the welfare of it's subjects, then consider what it does to it's own. But the we refuse to understand the principle,

The State: The Negation of Humanity

unionman

Ummmmmm...ahhhh...ummmmmm...ahhhhhh...LMAO!!!

I get the feeling you are trying to start a fight. I think you are a fool for voting against the party that is suppose to be union friendly. I think you are not so smart if you really believe these conservative politicians. They all say the same thing but have no way of showing how they would do it. How is that for the first punch?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I get the feeling you are trying to start a fight. I think you are a fool for voting against the party that is suppose to be union friendly. I think you are not so smart if you really believe these conservative politicians. They all say the same thing but have no way of showing how they would do it. How is that for the first punch?

This should be interesting.

Lue C Fur, keep one arm behind your back to make it fair.

conservatives = Keep that dollar flowing, get 3 times the tax revenue off it.
Liberals = take that dollar, wrinkle it up, give 80 cents back to the "poor me" people.

We are in a time where busineses don't want to hire because it isn't benefitial to them. Until that time, we will lag. We will lag until jobs become important.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
GRAND RAPIDS — The state is on a campaign to reduce negative perceptions about those who need welfare, saying the stigma tarnishes the program and keeps people from getting help.
The “Welfare 101: Busting Myths about Welfare” campaign is scheduled to roll into Grand Rapids today to dispel misperceptions such as most recipients coming from poor, urban areas.
“The economic pain is being felt everywhere,” said Ismael Ahmed, director of the Department of Human Services. “Trust me when I say that need does not discriminate. It does not recognize race, gender, religion, and certainly not whether a person lives in the city of Grand Rapids or Grandville, Holland or Grand Haven, Muskegon or Whitehall.”
During today’s event, hosted by Catholic Charities West Michigan, Ahmed and others planned to discuss how the state’s poor economy has driven an unprecedented number of families to seek help with food and bills.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
I get the feeling you are trying to start a fight. You sure you want to go another round again...remember what happend last time. I think you are a fool for voting against the party that is suppose to be union friendly. And again i dont vote Democrat just because im in a Union and my Union tells me to...i actually can think for my self and make an informed decision. By the way hows that dem in office doing for us right now? Still no contract and not released...maybe another 4 more years? I think you are not so smart if you really believe these conservative politicians. Funny...i was thinking your not to smart if you really believe these Liberal Dems that you worship. They all say the same thing but have no way of showing how they would do it. Yup...i agree those Dems have no clue. How is that for the first punch?
You threw a punch? I felt a wiff of air and it stank...did you fart?