Americans finally seeing the light?

tieguy

Banned
Seven months out and Obama is already down to 52%?? Way to go Barry! LOL! Bush went from having the highest approval ratings ever to 21% but like someone else said....he had eight years to do it in. Plus, the general public was dumb enough to actually think that the recession was his fault. It was those same people that elected Obama and are now feeling a deep, painful, and sobering spell of voter regret.

whats impressive is how quickly it dropped while he threw all that money around. You would think his ratings would be going through the roof with three trillion dollars be spent. Every City and govenment worker I've seen in the last three months is driving a brand new vehicle. Road construction everywhere. Government becoming the biggest employer. Whats not to love here?

tieguy

Banned
I imagine the health care issue is driving it down quite a bit. People are just not comfortable with Uncle O running the health care game.

unionman

I imagine the health care issue is driving it down quite a bit. People are just not comfortable with Uncle O running the health care game.
How soon we forget how bad this country was just a few months ago. Weren't they talking about a depression and comparing it the the 1920s collapse? Fear was high and the world economy was on life support but Obama is doing a poor job. Am I missing something?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How soon we forget how bad this country was just a few months ago. Weren't they talking about a depression and comparing it the the 1920s collapse? Fear was high and the world economy was on life support but Obama is doing a poor job. Am I missing something?

This just shows you how quickly people forget.

I don't think he is doing a poor job--I just think he is taking on too much too soon.

brett636

People are starting to realize just what kind of person they put into the whitehouse. The 2010 midterms are starting to look better already.

island1fox

:knockedout:Unionman,
As yogi berra would say -------"IT AIN'T OVER TILL ITS OVER" Bush bashers will never look at the fact that this economy crash was , is and will continue to be fueled by liberal WELFARE --lets be polically correct ---ENTITLEMENT PROGRAMS --FOOD -EDUCATION --HOUSING --CARS --HEALTH CARE --LET THE GOV PAY FOR --OPPS --WE ARE THE GOVERNMENT. When obama is finally through ----DEBT = INFLATION=Rising interests rates=Rising Unemployment rates = sky high tax rates on all --not just the rich ----History always has a way of repeating itself ---WELCOME BACK CARTER !!!! Who would dare deny ---OUR BEST PRESIDENT !!!!
This broken entitlement society has been in the works for well over 40 years --can anyone say "GREAT SOCIETY"

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'll be just the opposite of Michelle Obama....

This is the first time in my life that I am embarassed by the leader of my country.:dissapointed:

unionman

:knockedout:Unionman,
As yogi berra would say -------"IT AIN'T OVER TILL ITS OVER" Bush bashers will never look at the fact that this economy crash was , is and will continue to be fueled by liberal WELFARE --lets be polically correct ---ENTITLEMENT PROGRAMS --FOOD -EDUCATION --HOUSING --CARS --HEALTH CARE --LET THE GOV PAY FOR --OPPS --WE ARE THE GOVERNMENT. When obama is finally through ----DEBT = INFLATION=Rising interests rates=Rising Unemployment rates = sky high tax rates on all --not just the rich ----History always has a way of repeating itself ---WELCOME BACK CARTER !!!! Who would dare deny ---OUR BEST PRESIDENT !!!!
This broken entitlement society has been in the works for well over 40 years --can anyone say "GREAT SOCIETY"
You forgot social security and medicare.

outamyway

WAS??? We have a long ways to go.

You need to get your head out of your rosy colored ass.

Stop watching the MSM and start reading things from people that know what the hell is going on.

The news just barely breaks the surface on most issues, if they break it at all.

unionman

WAS??? We have a long ways to go.

You need to get your head out of your rosy colored ass.

Stop watching the MSM and start reading things from people that know what the hell is going on.

The news just barely breaks the surface on most issues, if they break it at all.
Jobs are last thing to return, so the pain will be felt for years. If this had gone south it would have lasted decades. Thank God The Republican is dead.

outamyway

Jobs are last thing to return, so the pain will be felt for years. If this had gone south it would have lasted decades. Thank God The Republican is dead.

Jobs have nothing to do with it my friend.

All I'll say is good luck in your future endeavorers. EVERYONE will need it.

tieguy

Banned

A few months ago? Duh. Wake up and smell the coffee.

tieguy

Banned
Very true, it would be amazing if evrything keeps improving and he gets an alternative to no health care.

Unemployement will be over 10 percent soon. retail sales down in july despite the cash for clunkers program giving them a boost. exactly what other then a fibernocci rebound on the stock market are you pointing at to say things are getting better?

seen the news on home foreclosures in july?

So to summarize people are losing their jobs and homes at a record rate and they are not buying anything. where's the beef in this "things are getting better" burger you're trying to feed us?

tieguy

Banned

HUh? Did you mean to say jobs, homes and sales are the last thing to come back? Dude you need to go back to creating picket signs and leave the economy for people that know how to read simple trends.

klein

Für Meno :)
HUh? Did you mean to say jobs, homes and sales are the last thing to come back? Dude you need to go back to creating picket signs and leave the economy for people that know how to read simple trends.

Well, since all my big savings are invested in the nasdaq.
I have seen those numbers already this morning.

But, they sure didn't seem to give the stockmarket a downturn.
They actually went up.

So, I guess, in your opinion, all these people that influence the stockmarket with lots of money, can't read the simple trends, either.

But, I do agree, America is in a mess now, and I don't see a return to a better living, anytime soon.
There is no more room left to lower interesst rates (they can only go up from here). Debt needs to be repaid (more taxes).
And something has to be done with healthcare, it's 2005 level of 15% of GDP should have been a big warning sign.
Must be around 20% now.

tieguy

Banned
Well, since all my big savings are invested in the nasdaq.
I have seen those numbers already this morning.

But, they sure didn't seem to give the stockmarket a downturn.
They actually went up.

So, I guess, in your opinion, all these people that influence the stockmarket with lots of money, can't read the simple trends, either.

But, I do agree, America is in a mess now, and I don't see a return to a better living, anytime soon.
There is no more room left to lower interesst rates (they can only go up from here). Debt needs to be repaid (more taxes).
And something has to be done with healthcare, it's 2005 level of 15% of GDP should have been a big warning sign.
Must be around 20% now.

Your markets dropped 48 percent. Your economic indicators do not indicate the economy is improving in fact they indicate the economy may be getting worse. Its likely you have a fibernachi bounce right now moving your nasdaq. The bounce will not be sustained if your economic indicators do not improve.

Looking at it another way with all the stimulus money and cash for clunkers money out there you basically threw lighter fluid on wet charcoal. What you see right now is the lighter fluid burning. If the charcoal does not dry out and catch then your fire will burn itself out once the lighter fluid is all used up.

Obama took three trillon dollars and basically gambled that he could get that charcoal to eventually ignite. I hope he is right because if he is wrong the next collapse will make the last one look like a cakewalk.

klein

Für Meno :)
Your markets dropped 48 percent. Your economic indicators do not indicate the economy is improving in fact they indicate the economy may be getting worse. Its likely you have a fibernachi bounce right now moving your nasdaq. The bounce will not be sustained if your economic indicators do not improve.

Looking at it another way with all the stimulus money and cash for clunkers money out there you basically threw lighter fluid on wet charcoal. What you see right now is the lighter fluid burning. If the charcoal does not dry out and catch then your fire will burn itself out once the lighter fluid is all used up.

Obama took three trillon dollars and basically gambled that he could get that charcoal to eventually ignite. I hope he is right because if he is wrong the next collapse will make the last one look like a cakewalk.

I agree, there can't be another collapse.
Simply no money left to bail out anything, if it did happen.

I was never for cash for clunkers program. Doesn't make any sense at all.
It was also done in Great Britain, but they weren't happy with it at all, kinda like your healthcare debate.
But, the world is looking better, France and Germany are officially out of recession today. Canada declared that a couple of weeks ago, too.
Ofcourse China and Japan are also out of it.
Remember China ? They put trillions into stimlus, too.
They needed new roads and buildings anyways... I think they spent it very wisely.

Like you said, lets hope for the best ! Thats all we can do.