Another one gone due to stupidity

CJinx

Some people are pretty sneaky about this, others are quite blatant; i.e. stops in multiple towns scanned minutes apart or businesses scanned as 34 well after business hours. Don't do it. If you have any strikes against you and you get caught playing the falsification card, it never ends well. DNAs aren't the end of the world and at least that code is honest.

dex 84

Some people are pretty sneaky about this, others are quite blatant; i.e. stops in multiple towns scanned minutes apart or businesses scanned as 34 well after business hours. Don't do it. If you have any strikes against you and you get caught playing the falsification card, it never ends well. DNAs aren't the end of the world and at least that code is honest.

If I put in a dex 01 at a time when we're not totally slammed with freight I'd get a phone call on my way back in saying that I needed to attempt that delivery. I saw a new part timer do that not too long ago and he got sent all the way back to the town he was working in to attempt the delivery. 45 minutes from the station.

STFXG

They stopped asking me why we had DNAs after the third time I told them "because we did not attempt it."

!Retired!

What else did she do?
It's my understanding it's not the first time.
It's a big no-no for us to leave packages outside apartment doors.

Those calls are usually ignored at Express also. Maybe because there were multiple calls.
Supposedly, there were at least 2. And we're not supposed to leave packages outside doors if it's a common hallway.
I hope she gets it back.
I don't. She's pretty new to the company and nobody could tell her anything. Miss Know It All and Miss Prima Donna.
How accurate is the GPS in your Power Pads? Ours will show whether we made the attempt at the door or while still in the pkg car.
We don't have GPS. But, they can look up what time each was scanned. If you have 1 minute between scans, it's a tell-tale sign.
I used to do that all the time. If it was far out of the way and the only stop over there, code 07 it at the previous stop and crumple the door tag. On to the next stop.
Good for you. But, you'd still have to go the next day.
this sounds more like she never even went to the complex at all, never worked at any station that you had to go to the leasing office. More of a personal choice.
Correct. You don't HAVE to go to the office. But, do you REALLY want to keep going back?
I have never heard of someone being terminated for not going to the leasing office. I know of one case where the apartment/leasing office was stealing packages being left for residents. There are neighbourhoods on my route where I wouldn't even think of doing an indirect delivery and have let managers know this.

Usually there are cameras trained on the entrance to apartment buildings. So long as the driver at least buzzed up to the residents (who presumably didn't answer), I don't see how she could be fired.
She wasn't fired for not going to the office. There is one complex we have where the office asked us not to even leave a doortag. It's a sign nobody is home.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
While sitting in the break room, I saw a courier I hadn't seen in a while. Our belt is pretty long, so I don't see everyone everyday. I asked around and found out she did a DEX 8 (not home/closed) on some packages at an apartment complex and didn't go to the leasing office because she had a flight to catch (that's what I heard). Well, the a couple of the customers called to complain because they were home waiting for the packages to arrive.

End result: Falsification = immediate termination.

Funny thing is, she didn't have to DEX them. She could have delivered them directly to the office without doing the DEX on them. She MAY have gotten in trouble for not attempting them at the apartments and being lazy, but at least it wouldn't have been falsifying and would still have a job.

Overall, probably the best thing that ever happened to her. Stupid move, but she'll go elsewhere and be happier.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I have never heard of someone being terminated for not going to the leasing office. I know of one case where the apartment/leasing office was stealing packages being left for residents. There are neighbourhoods on my route where I wouldn't even think of doing an indirect delivery and have let managers know this.

Usually there are cameras trained on the entrance to apartment buildings. So long as the driver at least buzzed up to the residents (who presumably didn't answer), I don't see how she could be fired.

Our station policy has always been to make a direct attempt at the apartment, and then go for the indirect at the management office. No straight to the manager unless there is pre-existing knowledge that the consignee isn't home. We have been told more than once to go ahead and release at apartments if you feel it's safe to do so. Uh, no. Guess who will be blamed when the package disappears? I have several apartment customers who are at work, and have requested I deliver straight to the manager. I have them put it in writing, and keep a copy with me in my CYA notebook.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

But it's OK to work through your "lunch" because it drives up the numbers, and there are a lot of people doing it. If management was truly serious about falsification, they'd look at some of these PowerPad entries that are 1 minute apart when the stop is a 10 minute drive. All entered manually after lunch, of course.

Just a random poll here. How many of you are still working through your break delivering/picking-up by snapping a picture of the ASTRA label or airbill and then entering it later, or by just processing the pickup after "break"?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
But it's OK to work through your "lunch" because it drives up the numbers, and there are a lot of people doing it. If management was truly serious about falsification, they'd look at some of these PowerPad entries that are 1 minute apart when the stop is a 10 minute drive. All entered manually after lunch, of course.

Just a random poll here. How many of you are still working through your break delivering/picking-up by snapping a picture of the ASTRA label or airbill and then entering it later, or by just processing the pickup after "break"?

Not me. No freebies here.

CJinx

No, it's not OK to do that either. You know that authority figures are going to turn a blind eye to things going wrong that work in their favor right up until it is thrown in their faces.

l22

Never have and never will. Never falsify and never work through break. If anyone is doing this, you need to stop.

l22

This isn't the first time upstate has told us what the rules and regulations at FedEx are.

Lmao, Upstate is the one of the most nteresting people on this Fedex forum. He's with UPS but is still fascinated by Fedex. It seems his political views are old school conservative and apply to us getting screwed over :)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Lmao, Upstate is the one of the most nteresting people on this Fedex forum. He's with UPS but is still fascinated by Fedex. It seems his political views are old school conservative and apply to us getting screwed over :)

Actually I am obsessed with the Ground business model.

!Retired!

I haven't in years.

whenIgetthere

Not me. No freebies here.

Never! I don't get paid enough to give then my time for free.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
It's my understanding it's not the first time.

Supposedly, there were at least 2. And we're not supposed to leave packages outside doors if it's a common hallway.

I don't. She's pretty new to the company and nobody could tell her anything. Miss Know It All and Miss Prima Donna.

We don't have GPS. But, they can look up what time each was scanned. If you have 1 minute between scans, it's a tell-tale sign.

Good for you. But, you'd still have to go the next day.

Correct. You don't HAVE to go to the office. But, do you REALLY want to keep going back?

She wasn't fired for not going to the office. There is one complex we have where the office asked us not to even leave a doortag. It's a sign nobody is home.
Don't know where you got your (mis)information, but Express power pads DO have GPS, and have for quite some time, according to our DM.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Don't know where you got your (mis)information, but Express power pads DO have GPS, and have for quite some time, according to our DM.

The GPS has been used successfully to terminate at least 2 drivers I know of in my district. So they do use it to track us.

dex 84

That's something I wonder about because nobody ever really mentions it but if you read all the text that comes across the screen on the powerpad when it boots up it says something about the gps being on or something like that.