Any Chantilly VA members on here?

I was just hired as 22.4 /FT combination and I’m seeing this stuff about layoffs for 22.4 drivers I’m just really trying to find out if this is a REAL full time job and can expect 40 hours a week? The hiring process was really quick the job seems unreal

Seymour Packages

This late in the game, you won't make your 30 or 40 days to qualify before peak. Not qualifying or "making book", means that you will be at the mercy of management. You won't be able to count your days again until Jan. 15th. So choose wisely. If you already have a solid gig, I would say hold off until after Jan 15th then reapply. If you risk it, understand that you WILL be used and abused by UPS throughout the busiest time of year after which they can discard you like a used napkin. That's my two cents.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I was just hired as 22.4 /FT combination and I’m seeing this stuff about layoffs for 22.4 drivers I’m just really trying to find out if this is a REAL full time job and can expect 40 hours a week? The hiring process was really quick the job seems unreal
It's a real FT job, you might see some ups and downs but you'll always have work. This area is growing like crazy and it's basically recession-proof.

JJinVA

I think he might be seeing ppl getting sent home as "layoffs". Correct me if Im wrong OP. That particular kind of "layoff" happens a lot when volume is too low to need 22.4 drivers. They can put you in the warehouse or have you do other stuff to get your guaranteed 8 hours. But if you are 22.4, that's a full time position so if they ask you to come in, and then say they don't have anything for you, tell them you'd like your 8 and for them to find something for you to do since you showed up. If they call you beforehand then In not sure there's much you can do (also not sure about that ask a steward)

This late in the game, you won't make your 30 or 40 days to qualify before peak.

I started my qualifying period in November and HR let it ride. Maybe our centers are different but when I became 22.4 they said I was already a qualified driver *shrug* I was concerned about that though

jimdandy3

Impeach Hunter Biden

No layoffs. Forcing six day work week.

21Savage

Hopefully you're going to Fairfax. They need drivers bad. We have to send our 22.4's there daily it seems. No layoffs that I'm seeing. We did have a couple extras for the first time since the new year the other day though and a couple of senior drivers got to RO but that's about it.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Hopefully you're going to Fairfax. They need drivers bad. We have to send our 22.4's there daily it seems. No layoffs that I'm seeing. We did have a couple extras for the first time since the new year the other day though and a couple of senior drivers got to RO but that's about it.
Say hi to Mike in Fairfax for me.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Say hi to Mike in Fairfax for me.
Mike says
tenor - 2020-09-09T195802.798.gif