Anyone have a send again budget this past Friday?

Part of the balanced scorecard for Center Management. If one is requested to reattempt wait until the end of the day, otherwise ignore message and move along.
IT IS WHAT IT IS!!!
I always tell them ........If you want me to get .......................9.5...no 3..................Ill go back!!. That always equals NO....LOL

browned_out

When Telematics first got installed, they told me I had to "stay out of these residential driveways". I told them to go pound sand, and we kinda left it at that.

Now if they are going to tell me I have to go all the way back up to a place like this twice in one day...in order to meet some stupid send-again quota...I'm going to be telling them to pound sand again.

You cant make these people happy. Park the car and spend an hour hiking that bitch off and you show up on a Telematics report. Drive up there and back 4 times to get turned around, and you show up on a Telematics report. God help you if you break a mirror going up there, and now they want multiple attempts on a stop like this in the same day? What about ORION compliance? What if its dark and foggy or there is 3" of snow on the ground? Have the people who sit in cubicles and pull these bright ideas out of their asses ever even driven a package car or done our job? I'd love to have one of them on car with me for a day, they would gain a whole new perspective on what the real world of UPS is really like. 2 attempts at this address? They can kiss my ass.

PS sorry for the shaky picture, I clipped my iphone to my shirt in order to keep both hands on the wheel but the ruts and potholes knocked it a little crooked.
Long driveway 2 - YouTube

I feel your pain, that looks alot like some of the places I've delivered to. Why do people feel the need to plant trees right next to the driveway?? How about trimming those trees once in a while? The other thing that pisses me off is the condition of alot of these driveways/roads, pot holes, rutted, uneven asphalt, WTF.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Typical Friday. Sent out with 201 stops, 130+ miles and very close to 400 packages. I got the, "If you have more than 4 send-agains call center," message and had to stop for a few minutes because I was laughing so hard. I was out 11.22, had to give away 18 stops over probably 25 miles and was still .03 under.

If you want less send-agains give me the time to try and get them off. Until you do that you can KISS MY HAIRY ASS.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Its funny how different areas have flavor of the weeks. My center will occasionally pass along the "target zero" where they are trying not to have any accidents for a week but that's about it. Our center manager is fairly laid back and somewhat down to earth for the most part. Some days if we get too many missed that is a focus for the day but that's about it.

Re-Raise

It is in threads like this where I miss Tieguy. We all seem to be on the same page as drivers, but I wish we had a supervisor on here trying to defend some of this stuff.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Some customers don't want to be drd, unless they are home. Some don't want to be indirected EVER. Some indirect aren't any safer than a really bad dr. This is just another recycled dumb idea. The driver always knows if and when a send again is a better idea than a dr or an indirect. We had this awhile back and as a result we now have cpads actually warning covers of bad INDIRECTS, because while attempting to satisfy the s/a budget, it was discovered that not all neighbors will give the package up later. Let the drivers handle this!

DS

Fenderbender
It is in threads like this where I miss Tieguy. We all seem to be on the same page as drivers, but I wish we had a supervisor on here trying to defend some of this stuff.
Ok I'll assume the roll to keep you happy.
At 2 send agains per driver,it works out to approx $1.00 in lost revenue.
Times that by X number of drivers.
Times that by one year.
It would take about 15 years for a ups driver to make this much.
Do you know how much caviar this could buy?

Times that by one year.
How much does it cost to go back? 10 minutes of overtime $4. plus diesel fuel?

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
It is what it is !!

Honestly, I don't want send-agains either but if I do, OH WELL

It shows you how 2-faced this company is. They spend 10's of millions on ORION to cut miles and save gas, but then will want you to redeliver send-agains which add miles and wastes gas.

​WORK AS DIRECTED is starting to sound meaningless now.

Work as directed is money in the bank. You can't stop stupidity, but, son, you can sure as hell profit from it.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
When Telematics first got installed, they told me I had to "stay out of these residential driveways". I told them to go pound sand, and we kinda left it at that.

Now if they are going to tell me I have to go all the way back up to a place like this twice in one day...in order to meet some stupid send-again quota...I'm going to be telling them to pound sand again.

You cant make these people happy. Park the car and spend an hour hiking that bitch off and you show up on a Telematics report. Drive up there and back 4 times to get turned around, and you show up on a Telematics report. God help you if you break a mirror going up there, and now they want multiple attempts on a stop like this in the same day? What about ORION compliance? What if its dark and foggy or there is 3" of snow on the ground? Have the people who sit in cubicles and pull these bright ideas out of their asses ever even driven a package car or done our job? I'd love to have one of them on car with me for a day, they would gain a whole new perspective on what the real world of UPS is really like. 2 attempts at this address? They can kiss my ass.

PS sorry for the shaky picture, I clipped my iphone to my shirt in order to keep both hands on the wheel but the ruts and potholes knocked it a little crooked.
Long driveway 2 - YouTube

All that just to pick a printer cartridge with an ARS label.

Re-Raise

Times that by one year.

oh yeah, you out of touch desk jockey. How much money do you waste having us stand around at the pcm listening to health tips about fire safety and such? What you call wasting money, I call providing service to the customers.

(see this is fun)