Anyone jumping ship?

SDRSTICKER

After the announcement of these new raises there have already been a couple of guys at my station jump ship. I don't blame them at all, it's a pretty big slap in the face to have worked here for 7+ years to only find out I'm getting a 90 cent raise in my market and add that to no more frontline bonuses. What's even better is more people are planning on leaving and quite a few old timers are planning on retiring in the next 3 months, which will leave us with a TON of new hires for peak this year. Management at my station is so incapable of making the sort run on a slow day in July, I can't even imagine how peak will go this year. They burn through the "draft" list so fast I'm getting forced every saturday. I have dusted off my resume and have begun to apply at different places, even if I end up making the same amount as I am now, I will be much happier to have left this dead end job. I hope there are more 5-10 year employees who are starting realize how this company operates and decide to hit the road. I don't understand how a company can continually disappoint the people who make this place run, pack your bags everyone, time to go! Good luck!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
After the announcement of these new raises there have already been a couple of guys at my station jump ship. I don't blame them at all, it's a pretty big slap in the face to have worked here for 7+ years to only find out I'm getting a 90 cent raise in my market and add that to no more frontline bonuses. What's even better is more people are planning on leaving and quite a few old timers are planning on retiring in the next 3 months, which will leave us with a TON of new hires for peak this year. Management at my station is so incapable of making the sort run on a slow day in July, I can't even imagine how peak will go this year. They burn through the "draft" list so fast I'm getting forced every saturday. I have dusted off my resume and have begun to apply at different places, even if I end up making the same amount as I am now, I will be much happier to have left this dead end job. I hope there are more 5-10 year employees who are starting realize how this company operates and decide to hit the road. I don't understand how a company can continually disappoint the people who make this place run, pack your bags everyone, time to go! Good luck!

In my dreams. :(

Purplepackage

One of our 30 year guys has a funny saying

"When I die and go to hell my worst fear is the front door to hell is the back door to this place"

Makes me laugh every time

The thing with the raises is we have 2 new hires that have been with us for like 8 months and they are going to get about a .50 cent raise, that's going to make them stay becasue frankly a .50 cent raise after 10 months isn't bad

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

"When I die and go to hell my worst fear is the front door to hell is the back door to this place"

The thing with the raises is we have 2 new hires that have been with us for like 8 months and they are going to get about a .50 cent raise, that's going to make them stay becasue frankly a .50 cent raise after 10 months isn't bad

We'll see how long they stick with it, when the raises dry up. Lol.

SDRSTICKER

I agree, that probably would be enough to make me stick around if I was a new guy too, wait until they realize it will probably be the biggest raise they ever get. The problem is even after these raises I will still only be making maybe $1.10-$1.20 more than a guy right off the street, after 7 years! Disappointing..

SmithBarney

Just remind them that they 10yr employee will get a .60 cent raise...
but the thing that sucks is that a 10yr employee is going to take another 7-8yrs to top out... and that new hire is going to top out in 10yrs... IF big IF they even keep this new plan in place, they haven't had a stable pay structure for the past 10 years, so I don't believe it will last.

Code43

The company has once again turned it's back on the middle of the road employees. All of the long hours, the long peaks, sticking with the company through the recession. All for nothing. You now get to start over with the new hires. Pay wise.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The company has once again turned it's back on the middle of the road employees. All of the long hours, the long peaks, sticking with the company through the recession. All for nothing. You now get to start over with the new hires. Pay wise.

Surely you didn't think your loyalty would be rewarded? RFLMAO!
image.jpg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

It just keeps getting better, doesn't it? Memphis comes out with another "job enhancement", which is nothing but an effing joke. Then they have the brass balls to have your managers come and read to you from a script how good they are to you and all the sacrifices that are being made to pay you a few more pennies per hour, which are immediately accompanied by another takeaway.

Dano will be here shortly to explain to you why it's a good thing.

Eff you, Smith, MT3, Dave, and all the rest of the Memphite retards who have made this company a complete shadhole.

CJinx

and absolutely none of that blame falls on those poor, poor workers who just can't seem to organize. ;)

Grats on what you got. Sorry if you don't like it. Write a check for the difference to your local soup kitchen if you feel that strongly about it.
o_O

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
and absolutely none of that blame falls on those poor, poor workers who just can't seem to organize. ;)

Grats on what you got. Sorry if you don't like it. Write a check for the difference to your local soup kitchen if you feel that strongly about it.
o_O
You just don't get it. Do you?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

o_O

Apologist TOOL!!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
accompanied by another takeaway.

"Hey, who even cares? It's such a small amount that you might get a tank of gas and lunch with your Pathetic Purple Payout. It's an effing insult." - 6/19/15

"If you do get it, it will be enough to buy a luxurious Big Mac lunch." - 1/20/15

"I just got my "Frontline Performance Pay" statement, a whopping 0.75% payout, since I'm a 7.0 employee. Translation---$204 and change. WOW!! That is life-changing money and I truly feel appreciated for my efforts. Maybe I can afford to take my family out to McDonald's to celebrate." 1/9/10

I'd rather have the 6% raise. You can stick with the 3% raise and the FPP that you hate. Cheers, liar!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
u mad bro? :soapbox:
I wasn't trying to apologize for anything. I'm just goofing on you and offering up an alternative if you're unhappy with the extra money you'll be making.

Or you could give it to me. I need new books.

There's never any extra money...you don't get it. Whatever they "give" is always accompanied by a takeaway.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
"Hey, who even cares? It's such a small amount that you might get a tank of gas and lunch with your Pathetic Purple Payout. It's an effing insult." - 6/19/15

"If you do get it, it will be enough to buy a luxurious Big Mac lunch." - 1/20/15

"I just got my "Frontline Performance Pay" statement, a whopping 0.75% payout, since I'm a 7.0 employee. Translation---$204 and change. WOW!! That is life-changing money and I truly feel appreciated for my efforts. Maybe I can afford to take my family out to McDonald's to celebrate." 1/9/10

I'd rather have the 6% raise. You can stick with the 3% raise and the FPP that you hate. Cheers, liar!

Hey, here you are, right on cue. I'll believe any raise when I see it on my check, and there will be a whole bunch of conditions and exceptions so most people never see that much. Care to disagree, tool?

As usual, you're trying to deflect from the fact that there is never anything given without an accompanying takeaway. While I agree it's a piddling amount, the very fact that they took it speaks volumes about how effing cheap they are.

Expecting your insurance costs to stay the same next year, Snap-On? My guess is that "soaring health care costs" will negate any raise we get.

Let's see what happens Shill Boy.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Dano's participation in this thread comes as no surprise. Everytime they screw the employees and there's rebellion here comes the shill right on cue.