Pickup routes consolidated

FedupExpress

Turns out they are cutting more routes and hours at my station, I don't understand their logic =

We are extremely short staffed and always heavy in the PM.

I imagine this will only cause more employees to quit right before peak ,

If we even have a peak lol

Maybe they will start doing the ground thing after peak? Or is it just one big bluff to make Raj look good?

Gone fishin

Turns out they are cutting more routes and hours at my station, I don't understand their logic =

We are extremely short staffed and always heavy in the PM.

I imagine this will only cause more employees to quit right before peak ,

If we even have a peak lol

Maybe they will start doing the ground thing after peak? Or is it just one big bluff to make Raj look good?
We have people quitting with no posting of their routes. Big rts , it’s eventually going to blow up

FedupExpress

If you aren’t getting 4-5 weeks vacation , you should leave fedex tomorrow and obviously not to ground.
I'd like to leave tomorrow but I need a job that pays the same or close to it.

Luckily I don't have a nagging wife or rat :censored2:er children holding me in the shackles of fedex...
I could quit tomorrow but it would be quite stupid not having another job lined up.
As for the married folk, high car payments, or those with many 🐀 children... Won't be feasible to leave.

Gone fishin

I'd like to leave tomorrow but I need a job that pays the same or close to it.

Luckily I don't have a nagging wife or rat :censored2:er children holding me in the shackles of fedex...
I could quit tomorrow but it would be quite stupid not having another job lined up.
As for the married folk, high car payments, or those with many 🐀 children... Won't be feasible to leave.
I meant” tomorrow “ to mean as quickly as you can. Don’t ever leave a job without having another lined up. These people should be looking to get out. In my opinion

bacha29

I meant” tomorrow “ to mean as quickly as you can. Don’t ever leave a job without having another lined up. These people should be looking to get out. In my opinion
The thing to remember is that with minimal federal oversight and no union that company will continue to go on it's merry old way doing whatever it damn well pleases leaving it up the the average FDX employee to either find an off ramp that will get them to a better place or become economic road kill.

Going to work for a Ground contractor? You are literally a dead man walking. That job will destroy every joint in your body in a very short period of time.

It will be fine

The thing to remember is that with minimal federal oversight and no union that company will continue to go on it's merry old way doing whatever it damn well pleases leaving it up the the average FDX employee to either find an off ramp that will get them to a better place or become economic road kill.

Going to work for a Ground contractor? You are literally a dead man walking. That job will destroy every joint in your body in a very short period of time.
Oh no! A corporation existing in a free labor market. For shame!

FedupExpress

If that's what they are thinking, pulling the rug and offering positions at ground...

It's going to backfire
Pretty much everyone at my station agrees they will not go to ground.

If the time comes and they can't find anything else, I'm sure many will go to ground even if it's just a side step to another job.

El Morado Diablo

We had a swing driver quit last Monday, he misdelivered a bunch of stuff on his last day 🤣

We had a driver quit a couple of weeks ago. He was training a new driver (swing) who was going to replace him. Told the swing to run his route backwards (residential deliveries first, then start on the businesses). The first day was an absolute mess. The manager was so confused that he reviewed his previous days and not once did he run the route like that. He just told the new guy to do it that way to stick it to FedEx.

Gone fishin

If that's what they are thinking, pulling the rug and offering positions at ground...

It's going to backfire
Pretty much everyone at my station agrees they will not go to ground.

If the time comes and they can't find anything else, I'm sure many will go to ground even if it's just a side step to another job.
What favors fedex drivers finding a new job is we really don’t make that much. Easier too find a new one

bacha29

Oh no! A corporation existing in a free labor market. For shame!
"Free Labor". The subject under discussion here is not about what you pay your employees. We're talking here about future opportunities for A List employees and drivers soon to be let go. Not the any old half ass thing is good enough type of worker under the command of Johnny Dollar Sign whose orders you carry out under the threat of termination taking every cent of money to your name which you have tied up in this con.

FedupExpress

We had a driver quit a couple of weeks ago. He was training a new driver (swing) who was going to replace him. Told the swing to run his route backwards (residential deliveries first, then start on the businesses). The first day was an absolute mess. The manager was so confused that he reviewed his previous days and not once did he run the route like that. He just told the new guy to do it that way to stick it to FedEx.
Genius! I imagine the managers were thrilled.

SFFX

Amazon could run out of workers in US in two years, internal memo suggests

There is a reality that corporate America is learning, cheap unlimited labor is gone. Its a numbers game, not immigration issue, not lazy new generation, not people on unemployment....just numbers. As the baby boomers leave the work force at 10k a day their retirement creates 1.5 jobs. Stop pointing fingers or blaming the "what about" is just numbers. The companies who come to reality and understand reliable labor will flourish. Worry about you, not the others that everyone uses as the scapegoats for these major corporations to rob you blind. Best decisions of my life was quitting express, just do it.

It will be fine

"Free Labor". The subject under discussion here is not about what you pay your employees. We're talking here about future opportunities for A List employees and drivers soon to be let go. Not the any old half ass thing is good enough type of worker under the command of Johnny Dollar Sign whose orders you carry out under the threat of termination taking every cent of money to your name which you have tied up in this con.
You were upset that the government isn’t regulating the wages of drivers. If the wages aren’t enough to keep workers, they’ll have to increase.

As it is, I still don’t have a problem getting applicants. Their quality is definitely going down but they can still pass background checks and drug tests. They just don’t last very long because they’re idiots that I have to fire within a few months. It’s not really upsetting me though, if FedEx wants better drivers they’ll have to pay for them. They don’t seem to care though.

Gone fishin

You were upset that the government isn’t regulating the wages of drivers. If the wages aren’t enough to keep workers, they’ll have to increase.

As it is, I still don’t have a problem getting applicants. Their quality is definitely going down but they can still pass background checks and drug tests. They just don’t last very long because they’re idiots that I have to fire within a few months. It’s not really upsetting me though, if FedEx wants better drivers they’ll have to pay for them. They don’t seem to care though.
Your argument is contradictory to what you just said. The company is only as good as the workers

It will be fine

Your argument is contradictory to what you just said. The company is only as good as the workers
Where’s the contradiction? FedEx competes for workers in a free labor market. Right now the wages offered bring in trash workers, but they still bring in workers. I think that’s a bad way to run a business, it costs more than it saves, but it’s the current reality.

fdxsux

Where’s the contradiction? FedEx competes for workers in a free labor market. Right now the wages offered bring in trash workers, but they still bring in workers. I think that’s a bad way to run a business, it costs more than it saves, but it’s the current reality.
Fedex said as much in one of their recent earnings calls. They said they were going to focus on shareholder return (cutting costs) instead of growth (good service). This really is what Fedex wants.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
But you’re the one paying the wages and blaming FedEx for not increasing them.

Put your workers before yourself, just like you expect FedEx to do.

Robber baron.

bacha29

And it's exactly the reason why you exist. To provide FDX with purchased trucking and labor at rates that continue to go down and which eventually reach the point where even you can't go any lower and still get somebody to do the job in a thorough and conscientious manner.
In fact, perhaps if you paid comparable wages instead of the hand to mouth chum you currently pay you might discover that those you call "idiots" are simply people smart enough not to give you labor value greater than the value you give to them.