Anyone REGRET going to feeders?

In terms of pay and soothing.... Of course, by far. Part time package handlers work the hardest. Saying that drivers work harder than pters is like saying the slave masters who ride on the horses all day work harder than the slaves who pick the cottons.

Leave or put your time in. Your choice. But crying about the thickness of my wallet and what I do to get it will get you nowhere.

MaceFremonti

There is a HUGE mental aspect to feeders that most people don't realize or think about including some feeder drivers. It is alot of responsibilty and it requires a good deal of awareness and concentration for hours on end. This can be at times more draining and tiring than physical work.

There is a HUGE mental aspect to feeders that most people don't realize or think about including some feeder drivers. It is alot of responsibilty and it requires a good deal of awareness and concentration for hours on end. This can be at times more draining and tiring than physical work.

​yep. Nothing like criticism from the short attention span crowd.

MaceFremonti

LOL

I had not an old but an ANCIENT International earlier this week.....500+ miles round trip....and I too regretted my decision of going to feeders by the 5th mile in!

Internationals should be outlawed under the Geneva convention. They won't water board someone but they'll make us drive that crap.

Well, not me. I got lazy and took a 710 run so I could drive a new Kenworth. .

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
My twin screw Sterling is worse than any International I've driven. Cachsux, what's the farthest--besides sleeper--that you guys drive? Do you go to Davenport?

tarbar66

What a bunch of cry babies! You should have been around in the 70's when we thought an friend Model Mack was a Cadillac compared to Diamond T's and Diamond Reo's.
No power steering, No A/C, No air ride cab or air seat in any of them.
They were all cab over tractors in case you did not know.

What a bunch of cry babies! You should have been around in the 70's when we thought an friend Model Mack was a Cadillac compared to Diamond T's and Diamond Reo's. No power steering, No A/C, No air ride cab or air seat in any of them. They were all cab over tractors in case you did not know.

And the guy before you pulled trailer behind a horse and had to smell hay farts. Waa.

Drac, 705 is maybe 50 miles out max, ballpark. 710 goes 5-6 hours out, ballpark. The run I had today was a 8 hour gravy run to Lebanon IN for a set swap.

MaceFremonti

We just got 5 new 274xxx twin screw Macks....only thing is that only the forward rear axle is powered. The rear axle just free wheels! Looks funny because the rear tires are ribbed tires not treaded....WTF UPS?

over9five

Staff member
We just got 5 new 274xxx twin screw Macks....only thing is that only the forward rear axle is powered. The rear axle just free wheels! Looks funny because the rear tires are ribbed tires not treaded....WTF UPS?

Us too. These are going to get stuck in the snow so bad when those rear tires hold the drive tires up off the pavement.
Insanity.