Anyone REGRET going to feeders?

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
I think UPS screwed the pooch with the single screw, tag axle tractors. I see nothing but trouble when the road gets slick. ANd even more trouble when you park the wrong way, and lift a drive tire.

I can see that call...."Uh boss, I'm stuck". WHAT!!HOW?? The weather is clear down there..... Well, you see, there is this little bump, and uh, well, uh I parked the tag axle on it, and it has lifted my drive up, and now all she does is spin. &^^$^&^%$$@#$^&&*** JOHNSON, I told you not to park on a (*&%%$%#@@$^* bump.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I think UPS screwed the pooch with the single screw, tag axle tractors. I see nothing but trouble when the road gets slick. ANd even more trouble when you park the wrong way, and lift a drive tire.

I can see that call...."Uh boss, I'm stuck". WHAT!!HOW?? The weather is clear down there..... Well, you see, there is this little bump, and uh, well, uh I parked the tag axle on it, and it has lifted my drive up, and now all she does is spin. &^^$^&^%$$@#$^&&*** JOHNSON, I told you not to park on a (*&%%$%#@@$^* bump.

LOL. The freight company I worked for got some because UPS did!

MaceFremonti

6 month update...I've gained 30 lbs, make more $$$ than in delivery, have 3 days off a week, am home by 17:30, and have a new tractor...all I regret is waiting over 20 years to make the jump!
:):):):)

purplesky

6 month update...I've gained 30 lbs, make more $$$ than in delivery, have 3 days off a week, am home by 17:30, and have a new tractor...all I regret is waiting over 20 years to make the jump!
:):):):)

In our building it takes atleast 25 years of seniority to get a decent feeder run so the more years in package you can handle the better life will be in feeders.

Some younger low seniority package drivers who make the jump are on-call or work crazy hours. If you are single its cool but if you have young kids not so much.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The difference between peak in package and peak in feeders is surreal, you keep waiting for the other shoe to drop and it never does. Christmas Eve is icing on the cake.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Major hub. Never a short of OT here. Only choice is if it comes at the expense of Sunday nights, or Friday nights...

Either way, after feeders, package car is like going from Junior High to High school. Even in High School, there are slow days, but you never really think back to the Junior High days. Package car seems like an old dream by now. I would need a universe of training to fall back into PC.

Lucky for me, UPS doesn't have that depth of training on the books.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
There is a HUGE mental aspect to feeders that most people don't realize or think about including some feeder drivers. It is alot of responsibilty and it requires a good deal of awareness and concentration for hours on end. This can be at times more draining and tiring than physical work.

Maybe, but responsibility means different things in different worlds. Responsibilities in package car means not crashing, not missing pick-ups, not mis-delivering packages and not getting sexual harassment concerns. In feeders, your responsibilities are not crashing. They say, "don't be late". But see which situation keeps you in a brown uniform: missing a sort, or crashing a set of doubles.

If you don't know the answer to that question, you're right, feeders isn't for you. But if you know, you'll be golden...

AKupser

Ice Queen (Elsa)
I'm looking into upgrading into feeders but I have to go to another state, I've asked HR if that's possible & still no answer. Know anyone who's done that?

AKupser

Ice Queen (Elsa)
I drove commercial for 12 years in the lower 48 before I started at UPS, I've been here 10 years now & would love to get back in a rig again