APWA Gets a Freigh Hub

705red

Browncafe Steward
Brett lies he is not out of the Indy term.Not the old Overnite term anyway.He may be adisgrunttle Motor Cargo employee that had his pay reduced.But from the dribble he spills from his lips he is no Overnite employee.If you no what the APWA tryed to do in Indy in which i do you would no Brett is no Indy employee.I think Brett is A IBT slug and thats all .Hoping to get on the Hoffa payrole!I don't think Brett has attended an IBT meeting before eithere or he would be crying how they threw him out.Thats right Brett Boy ask the great REAMSTERS where your money is and see how quick you find your _ss out on the street.After all the union that you say isn't a union just gave the IBT a major blow by getting Kansas city.The people on the freight side no the IBT is on the way out.Anyway good luck Brett telling your lies the people on this site who have read your on readable crap wish you would go back to teamster .net over there they like to here you cry!
No one got kansas city! what they did get was the right for a vote and im sure the teamsters will be on the ballot. So stop spewing lies! we will see what happens with the vote when it happens until then the apwa has only won a little battle in a long war to go.

brett636

Brett lies he is not out of the Indy term.Not the old Overnite term anyway.He may be adisgrunttle Motor Cargo employee that had his pay reduced.But from the dribble he spills from his lips he is no Overnite employee.If you no what the APWA tryed to do in Indy in which i do you would no Brett is no Indy employee.I think Brett is A IBT slug and thats all .Hoping to get on the Hoffa payrole!I don't think Brett has attended an IBT meeting before eithere or he would be crying how they threw him out.Thats right Brett Boy ask the great REAMSTERS where your money is and see how quick you find your _ss out on the street.After all the union that you say isn't a union just gave the IBT a major blow by getting Kansas city.The people on the freight side no the IBT is on the way out.Anyway good luck Brett telling your lies the people on this site who have read your on readable crap wish you would go back to teamster .net over there they like to here you cry!

Where did I say I worked for overnite?

brett636

Brett unlike you I will admit I was misinformed about the Indy situation. I was not lieing, we have a direct feeder run to Indy and I was misinformed by a sub driver about the situation there. I think the reason you have not been approached is because you are not Central States. I am not as I said totally sold on the APWA but at least I am not as narrow minded as you. Although you sound like an idiot, I wouldn't say that unless I talked to you face to face like I have Van and Danny. I am not a**
enough to do that to anyone based on just reading posts on this board.

Trust me, I was not misinformed on the Indy situation. :wink:

Now please try to remember that having an open mind, and being a fool are too totally separate trains of thought. Having an open mind about the APWA is not a bad thing, but ignoring the issues at hand for a pipe dream and refusing to ask for a little showing of substance from a group that is attempting to be your representation is downright foolish. An open mind is allowed to question an idea before it accepts it. You just have to ask the right questions.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Where did I say I worked for overnite?

You've never said you were an Overnite employee. I've read most of your posts in the last 3-6 months and none have said "Overnite employee." Any122, with all due respect, are you trying to start problems? Provoking or insulting reasonable, open-minded people isn't the way to keep them listening to you. I'm an open-minded individual but baseless accusations don't fly with me. -Rocky

Cole

I think 122 just misunderstood what Brett was saying. He is a UPSer, and to my knowledge said nothing to imply he was with UPS Freight.

nospinzone

All this petty squabbling doesn't really advance either side's arguement. This is why I don't post on t-net anymore and am growin weary of truckingboards. It all devolves into name calling and character assasination. To get back to the issue at hand.....

Brett, you guys keep saying that you wanna see the books to see who is financing the APWA. I can tell you that I'm not privy to that information. The consistent answer that I get from the officers is that contributions from members and members only are funding this drive. They consistently deny any corporate sponsorship.

Now in my opinion, there are a lot of people that verbally support the APWA. Thats evident because there's at least 30% of the people in KC. But people are just downright stingy with money so not everyone is gonna cough up the full membership fee. On the flipside,,, there are people who wholeheartedly support this and contribute above the $150. And then, and this is my opinion, you have the officers who have put their lives on hold for the past three years, and they are probably sacrificing financially to keep things rolling. But if UPS or some other deep pocket was bankrolling this, I think we would see a lot more frills on what they are producing by way of website and publications

I agree that refusing to open the books allows for speculation as to why they are refusing to show them. I'm just as curious as you are. But since I've been around them enough to know the character of Van and Danny and that they are consistent and truthful in other areas, I tend to give them my trust in this area also.

Now, the validity of my opinion will soon get backed up in black and white if APWA gets in at KC. Within 2-3months, the DOL will require them to start filing the financial statements. Then you can see for yourself where the money is coming from. Until then, we're left with my opinions and your speculation and accusations of where the money is coming from.

Do you have anything to add?

30andout

Trust me, I was not misinformed on the Indy situation. :wink:

Now please try to remember that having an open mind, and being a fool are too totally separate trains of thought. Having an open mind about the APWA is not a bad thing, but ignoring the issues at hand for a pipe dream and refusing to ask for a little showing of substance from a group that is attempting to be your representation is downright foolish. An open mind is allowed to question an idea before it accepts it. You just have to ask the right questions.
You are right, all I was saying is I was misinformed, not you. I WAS WRONG. All you do is bash Danny and Van and you don,t even know them. You have also evaded the fact you haven't attended a meeting yet you know you will be thrown out for asking GOOD questions. Lets talk more about this after you get the facts direct and not the crap some people want you to read here. Correct me, but I don't think I have read much here bad about Van and Danny from anyone who has talked to them PERSONALLY. It may be a long shot but they are only looking out for fellow employees, you gotta start somewhere.

Cole

When one is asking questions out of sincerity I doubt anyone would get thrown out of a meeting with anyone. On the other hand if someone is there trying to flood the floor with questions only to try to subvert a meeting, and becomes obnoxious in their efforts, as I have seen a number of times in the past at TDU meetings, when various Teamster members would come in and try and disrupt, and that too is obvious.

705red

Browncafe Steward
All this petty squabbling doesn't really advance either side's arguement. This is why I don't post on t-net anymore and am growin weary of truckingboards. It all devolves into name calling and character assasination. To get back to the issue at hand.....

Brett, you guys keep saying that you wanna see the books to see who is financing the APWA. I can tell you that I'm not privy to that information. The consistent answer that I get from the officers is that contributions from members and members only are funding this drive. They consistently deny any corporate sponsorship.

Now in my opinion, there are a lot of people that verbally support the APWA. Thats evident because there's at least 30% of the people in KC. But people are just downright stingy with money so not everyone is gonna cough up the full membership fee. On the flipside,,, there are people who wholeheartedly support this and contribute above the $150. And then, and this is my opinion, you have the officers who have put their lives on hold for the past three years, and they are probably sacrificing financially to keep things rolling. But if UPS or some other deep pocket was bankrolling this, I think we would see a lot more frills on what they are producing by way of website and publications

I agree that refusing to open the books allows for speculation as to why they are refusing to show them. I'm just as curious as you are. But since I've been around them enough to know the character of Van and Danny and that they are consistent and truthful in other areas, I tend to give them my trust in this area also.

Now, the validity of my opinion will soon get backed up in black and white if APWA gets in at KC. Within 2-3months, the DOL will require them to start filing the financial statements. Then you can see for yourself where the money is coming from. Until then, we're left with my opinions and your speculation and accusations of where the money is coming from.

Do you have anything to add?
If people post facts and opinions most of us can live with that, its when they post b.s is were im sure we all get sick off. Until this vote happens we will just have to wait and see!

mittam

Brett, to an extent you are right about getting kicked out of meetings asking the questions you have posted here. BUT! I have seen people kicked out the meeting back in order and someone else with sincerity behind it ask the same question and get the answer. Yes there are those that show up just to disrupt and then those who want to learn. Those wanting to learn something have never been kicked out (at least not at any I have been to). No the answer is no to the APWA being in Indy. You are not part of the CS and they have waited to get there based on getting to the people in CS. They have however started into those areas. Please by all means attend when they get there and ask questions. They do not shy away from anyone. If you act like a man they will treat you like one. If on the other hand someone shows up to be loud and disruptive they will ask those type to leave.

FreightKicker

FreightKicker
APWA Election News Flash

NLRB election agreed to!

APWA Officials sign THEIR copy of the NLRB election agreement on Tuesday, July 03, 2007.
The agreement states that those eligible to vote are: Road & City Drivers, Full time & Part Time Dock Workers, Yard Jockeys, OS&D Clerks, Building Maintained Employees and Operations Clerks.
ALL eligible employees MUST have been on the payroll as of June 30, 2007.

Polls will be open:

Sunday, August 05, 2007 from 9:30 pm to 12:30 am Monday, August 06, 2007.
Monday, August 06, 2007 from 6 pm to 11 pm.
Tuesday, August 07, 2007 from 6 am to 11 am.
Tuesday, August 07, 2007 from 1:30 pm to 5Pm.

Election location is the west dock office at the terminal.

This event is subject to UPS Freight signing their copy of the agreement and the approval of the NLRB Regional Director of Region # 17.
Through the efforts of many, it appears you are now getting the NLRB election that the majority of you requested. We urge you to vote YES when you go to the polls.

Please pass along any extra copies of this notice to your friends.
APWA

A different kind of union---JUST FOR YOU!
Kansas City Rocks!

nospinzone

Teamsters refuse to participate in Kansas City NLRB election

Seems the Teamsters aren't interested in participating in the Kansas City election. Can't speculate as to what reasons they have to deprive the people at the Kansas City UPS Freight barn the opportunity to vote for the Teamsters. View the attachment for sourcing of the IBT's refusal to have their name on the ballot in the KC NLRB election.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Re: Teamsters refuse to participate in Kansas City NLRB election

Seems the Teamsters aren't interested in participating in the Kansas City election. Can't speculate as to what reasons they have to deprive the people at the Kansas City UPS Freight barn the opportunity to vote for the Teamsters. View the attachment for sourcing of the IBT's refusal to have their name on the ballot in the KC NLRB election.

Interesting. I, too, am curious about why the Teamsters would summarily walk away from a Freight facility without some kinda fight--legal or otherwise. Red or another vocal Teamster like to chime in? I'm not trying to start a fight, friends. I'm really curious to hear some theories about the Teamster's decision. -Rocky

Cole

Why is it excluding mechanics, office clerical etc...?

705red

Browncafe Steward

Interesting. I, too, am curious about why the Teamsters would summarily walk away from a Freight facility without some kinda fight--legal or otherwise. Red or another vocal Teamster like to chime in? I'm not trying to start a fight, friends. I'm really curious to hear some theories about the Teamster's decision. -Rocky
All i can think of is maybe the teamsters are sticking to their game plan of getting the indy contract inked before moving froward on other freight facilties. It could be possible that the apwa does have the support of the k.c barn and would only hurt their efforts on a national organizing campaign. Only time will tell and if i hear anything i will be the first to post it.

705red

Browncafe Steward

Looks like the apwa is out of money, what are these guys thinking? How do you take on a campaign like this (kansis city) and not have enough cash to insure a win? You dont walk into a shoe store with $5 in your pocket to buy new shoes now would you? Do they not understand that they are playing with peoples lively hood here?

Friends, we have been telling you that this day would come. The APWA has its first election scheduled at Kansas City UPSF on August 5th, 6th and 7th. It is for sure that UPS and the IBT are not going to stand back and watch the APWA walk away with Kansas City . As a matter of fact, the IBT, or people who represent themselves as IBT people, are in Kansas City campaigning for UPS!!!! Remember the filthy lies that some Teamster loyalists leveled against us? Especially the one about UPS funding us? NOW who is in bed with whom?

This is where the media fund comes in. We all know the propaganda and rhetoric that the IBT and UPS can spin. This is to be expected. During this election if we don’t answer ALL the allegations that are leveled against us and get the truth out, it could cost us the election.

OUR PLAN IS TO WIN AND WIN BIG. This is an expensive endeavor, but one that is well worth the investment. Your help is needed now.

The truth of the matter is that our requests for contributions to the media fund have often fallen on deaf ears. We MUST have the money NOW to fight these people. It would certainly be a shame to come this far and lose the election because we can not answer the lies these two groups will level. Mr. Mike Morgan began his Kansas City assault on July 12, 2007. Mike Morgan’s barrage will continue until the day of the election; you can bet on that. WE MUST FIGHT BACK.

Our contact list is extensive. If all of you give just $10.00 you will stop UPS and the IBT dead in their tracks. If you want to give more - so much the better. It is amazing how just a little money adds up when given by a large group.

If you wish to donate by check please send that to APWA, P.O. Box 58427 , Raleigh , NC 27658 . If you wish to use a credit card just visit our web site, and click on the donations page. You may use that page for this purpose. And that is a secure banking transaction for those of you who are interested in that information.

Thanks to all who have helped us get to where we are today. We will win this war in both freight and package groups. Then we will show the world what a labor union should be. Victory is in our sights – with your help, WE CANNOT BE STOPPED!!!!

This is an email sent from danny eason, i wonder why he didnt sign it?

sawdusttv

Looks like the apwa is out of money, what are these guys thinking? How do you take on a campaign like this (kansis city) and not have enough cash to insure a win? You dont walk into a shoe store with $5 in your pocket to buy new shoes now would you? Do they not understand that they are playing with peoples lively hood here?

Friends, we have been telling you that this day would come. The APWA has its first election scheduled at Kansas City UPSF on August 5th, 6th and 7th. It is for sure that UPS and the IBT are not going to stand back and watch the APWA walk away with Kansas City . As a matter of fact, the IBT, or people who represent themselves as IBT people, are in Kansas City campaigning for UPS!!!! Remember the filthy lies that some Teamster loyalists leveled against us? Especially the one about UPS funding us? NOW who is in bed with whom?

This is where the media fund comes in. We all know the propaganda and rhetoric that the IBT and UPS can spin. This is to be expected. During this election if we don’t answer ALL the allegations that are leveled against us and get the truth out, it could cost us the election.

OUR PLAN IS TO WIN AND WIN BIG. This is an expensive endeavor, but one that is well worth the investment. Your help is needed now.

The truth of the matter is that our requests for contributions to the media fund have often fallen on deaf ears. We MUST have the money NOW to fight these people. It would certainly be a shame to come this far and lose the election because we can not answer the lies these two groups will level. Mr. Mike Morgan began his Kansas City assault on July 12, 2007. Mike Morgan’s barrage will continue until the day of the election; you can bet on that. WE MUST FIGHT BACK.

Our contact list is extensive. If all of you give just $10.00 you will stop UPS and the IBT dead in their tracks. If you want to give more - so much the better. It is amazing how just a little money adds up when given by a large group.

If you wish to donate by check please send that to APWA, P.O. Box 58427 , Raleigh , NC 27658 . If you wish to use a credit card just visit our web site, and click on the donations page. You may use that page for this purpose. And that is a secure banking transaction for those of you who are interested in that information.

Thanks to all who have helped us get to where we are today. We will win this war in both freight and package groups. Then we will show the world what a labor union should be. Victory is in our sights – with your help, WE CANNOT BE STOPPED!!!!

This is an email sent from danny eason, i wonder why he didnt sign it?

I guess that blows all you guys theory about UPS funding the APWA all to H***!

705red

Browncafe Steward

I guess that blows all you guys theory about UPS funding the APWA all to H***!
You know what it shows us, that these two probably were not serious and they didnt believe they would make it this far. Now that they have made it this far those poor freight guys in kansas city will be the ones to pay the price! How do you go through with the nlrb knowing you dont have the funds to properly prepare these guys for this vote? If that terminal votes for the apwa they will most likely never receive a contract because little van and danny are not prepared. Its in the best interest of that terminal to vote down the apwa and wait a year for another union who will be prepared to represent them. Now i have lost any respect for this movement!

sawdusttv

You know what it shows us, that these two probably were not serious and they didnt believe they would make it this far. Now that they have made it this far those poor freight guys in kansas city will be the ones to pay the price! How do you go through with the nlrb knowing you dont have the funds to properly prepare these guys for this vote? If that terminal votes for the apwa they will most likely never receive a contract because little van and danny are not prepared. Its in the best interest of that terminal to vote down the apwa and wait a year for another union who will be prepared to represent them. Now i have lost any respect for this movement!

Red,
We've been here before. I know Van and Danny personally and I'm telling you that they are very much prepared for this and they will have the money needed. I sent a donation yesterday as are most other APWA members. After coming this far, I promise you that the members will not let funding stand in the way, and what that shows the UPS frieght people is that we are behind there efforts 110% and we want leave them hung out to dry. We are with them all the way.
I know that we don't agree on the APWA/Teamster stuff Red, but the frieght people deserve union representation and we should all support there efforts.

nospinzone

Ya know red, you can't have it both ways. Teamsters continually claim that APWA is bein bankrolled by deep pockets (ie..UPS, NRTW) but when the APWA goes to their membership (because APWA is a member driven entity) to encourage financial support, you fault them for not getting enough of the soft money from the suits!! Exactly how many double standards will you try to force on the APWA? Do you reccommend they rob a bank? Like they've said all along, the members contributions have brought the APWA this far in financing the expenses associated with taking on the IBT and it will be the members contributions that will continue to fund future needs such as the informational campaign to counteract the lies the IBT is spreading in Kansas City.