APWA Gets a Freigh Hub

sawdusttv

Listen workers the awpa {their vice-president wors in my hub{ are just shills for UPS neither one of them has even been a SHOP STEWARD and yes I am a shop sreward in feeders in raleigh N.C. The last time I tried to talk to their president [Van Skillman] he threatened labor charges against me because he couldn't answer my questions. I consider myself a good and dedicated steward but these yahoos are only out for themselves,

I'm guessing that you are the shop steward that about blew a gasket when they surprised you the day of the card signing in Raleigh. Folks, he was leaving the yard to go on a run and as he went through the gates, there they were. Everyone had a good laugh at the tantrum he pitched. Planning and timing, aren't they great!!!!!!:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Cole

I really think it would be wise for the APWA to be open to change it's UPS only policy. I just think Fed Ex would be more receptive to an APWA, rather than the Teamsters.

sawdusttv

I really think it would be wise for the APWA to be open to change it's UPS only policy. I just think Fed Ex would be more receptive to an APWA, rather than the Teamsters.

Cole,
That would be defeating the purpose of why the APWA was started. The object is to get away from having to share the money contributed by the company with other companies. by allowing fedex to join would be going back to what we have now, because were do you draw the line. I have no doubt that fedex would make a strong contributor but the bottom line is that they are not UPS employees.

brett636

Cole,
That would be defeating the purpose of why the APWA was started. The object is to get away from having to share the money contributed by the company with other companies. by allowing fedex to join would be going back to what we have now, because were do you draw the line. I have no doubt that fedex would make a strong contributor but the bottom line is that they are not UPS employees.

Not attempting to unionize fedex would do UPSers a huge disservice. Fedex is UPS's biggest competitor, and allowing them to stay non-union allows them to undercut UPS. Especially as time goes on and the disparity between the labor costs of UPS and fedex get larger and larger. That is unless the APWA proposes we earn about the same as fedex workers which nullifies the whole purpose of having a union.

krash

Go big orange
Cole,
How so? they could still have separate pension plans. We cant ignore FEDEX forever as they chip away at our market share.