Are "scratch" drivers looked down upon by other drivers?

Grey

There's a guy in our hub who kills it everyday so he can spend more time with his kids (his words) but there's been some tension with him and other drivers in the center. Is it fair or foul that some guys get into his buisness like that?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
There's a guy in our hub who kills it everyday so he can spend more time with his kids (his words) but there's been some tension with him and other drivers in the center. Is it fair or foul that some guys get into his buisness like that?
It's because we are brothers and care about each other. Guys who speed, jump out of the truck, work off the clock and work through their lunches WILL eventually hurt themselves and their families that they can't wait to get home to at 4pm.
1) You speed...you get into an accident and management who hasn't said a peep about you speeding suddenly says you are a reckless driver and terminates you. Panels aren't quick to reinstate reckless drivers, especially since they now have that data to back up witness accounts of you driving too fast before the accident.
2) You jump out of the truck. You're trashing your joints and tendons. You will end up being out of work for operations and recovery time, if you ever fully recover. Jumping out of the truck without lowering yourself down with the handrail also opens you up to twisting or breaking your ankle from that hole you can't see under the grass or whatever other obstacle is there that you didn't see.
3) Working through your lunch to get out early? Management will eventually start giving you more work once they realize you're this type of guy and then guess what? You'll still have to work for free during your lunch when they add additional work but you won't be getting out early anymore...and you'll still be working for free. Guys who take their lunch in the contractually agreed upon window and don't work for free create jobs.

When you get hurt or in an accident from running and gunning, that manager that thinks you're the best thing since sliced bread will not be there for you.

It's not a sprint--it's a marathon.

UPSGUY72

Some people like to create drama instead of minding there own business. It's none of there business how he runs the routes he covers.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
What if you were the guy to bid a route behind the runner? Your then expected to run the route just like he did, just because he wanted to be billy badass.
Every supervisor knows who the runners are and who aren't. There reaches a point when you know no matter what you say it isn't going to change their habits.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
If their dumb enough to run everyday then their DUMB AS HELL lol. Dont worry Frigidmeister, once you get MENTALLY HYPNOTIZED in full time management youll be sweating them make believe numbers every day YOUNGBLOOD, watch and see. Scared to death in them Conference calls with your boss selling you out in front of his boss, and then the DM telling you how worthless you are and how much of a piece of crap you are, ill stop YOULL SEE SOON ENOUGH AMIGO how it is on the DARK SIDE and then youll see why drivers hate this job because of all the KINDERGARTEN COP BS they put us through on a daily basis lmfao.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Scared to death in them Conference calls with your boss selling you out in front of his boss, and then the DM telling you how worthless you are and how much of a piece of crap you are, ill stop YOULL SEE SOON ENOUGH AMIGO how it is on the DARK SIDE and then youll see why drivers hate this job because of all the KINDERGARTEN COP BS they put us through on a daily basis lmfao.
Luckily my center manager and DM don't run the operation on fear.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You say that, not saying its not possible, but most of them do. Ive seen some of them come downstairs after getting the hell scared out of them on conference calls, come down speechless like they were going to freakin cry lol. Funnyasczz stuff, im just like you jackasczzes knew you shouldnt have went into management and were still dumb as hell do it FREAKIN SUCKERZ lol.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If their dumb enough to run everyday then their DUMB AS HELL lol. Dont worry Frigidmeister, once you get MENTALLY HYPNOTIZED in full time management youll be sweating them make believe numbers every day YOUNGBLOOD, watch and see. Scared to death in them Conference calls with your boss selling you out in front of his boss, and then the DM telling you how worthless you are and how much of a piece of crap you are, ill stop YOULL SEE SOON ENOUGH AMIGO how it is on the DARK SIDE and then youll see why drivers hate this job because of all the KINDERGARTEN COP BS they put us through on a daily basis lmfao.
What a great post!
I have no idea what you said but that's not important.
What's important is this new style in comedic writing.
Impressive!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
What a great post!
I have no idea what you said but that's not important.
What's important is this new style in comedic writing.
Impressive!
tumblr_ncy26nH0qh1terwlso1_500.gif

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
In my 38 years as an hourly employee with this outfit, I ran the gamut of managerial styles. center manager's and DM's change with the seasons. You will have oodles of bosses in your upcoming career, and I wish you the best in that endeavor. However they will all have their own management styles and ideas. I wouldn't count on you getting along with everyone of them like you do now.
Having said that, let get back to the original OP's post. I saw plenty of track stars in my career. From package car to feeders. Saw a bunch of them tear :poop: up in the process, especially in feeders. You tear stuff up, you don't hang around this place long. I let them do their own thing. They are only hurting themselves in the long run. Not a lot of shortimers are track stars. lol.

Last edited:

chris9834

Where I have a problem with it is you are effecting your fellow brothers work day.. 1st I dont think its right when your on a vets route as a swing driver and you do their route that they get back at 19:30 hrs every night and your coming back in to the bldg laughing to everyone about what a bada** you are bc u smoked the route and got done at 1800 hrs, now the vet comes back from vacation and has 20 plus added stops and they have hell trying to get their routes fixed back where it was. 2nd reason is when you are the swing driver that has to cover a runners route your day is absolute hell because you get the runner dispatch and u spend the day stressing and having to send msgs for business help and having to meet to get air or volume pulled from you, then your looked at by management as a lazy driver all because you wont dump apartments and run all day long and skip your lunch like the runner driver will. To me if your sole concern is getting off after 8 hrs then get a job that only works you 8 hrs, or just get on the 9.5 list. I dont think its right to be stressed out all day on a runners route. Or get your route fixed because a runner was trying to be a Billy bada** all because someone wants to get off early everyday. I knew when i signed the bid that it was going to be long days and i excepted that. If i decide down the road that i want to get off after 8 hrs i will just quit and find a job that only works 8 hrs or get on the 9.5 list or hopefully luck up and get a combo job. What really upsets me is mgmt knows what these drivers do but they just turn their heads all because it makes their numbers look good and with that bonus because their doing more with less, but ask a runner that has had a injury how friendly mgmt is to them after their injury. I dont give a rats a** if someone wants to screw their body up running have fun but when it screws up your fellow brothers day u bet ur a** have a issue with it. Just think about your fellow brothers this job is stressful enough with out the added stress, dont be selfish when it involves others. That is my take on it.