Are You Working Feb 14th?

bbsam

Staff member
I understand that the ISP is the new "legal" plan for Ground. Most Express couriers are more likely to work the scenario Upstate described rather than taking 4 hr breaks. I used to start at 0630, do an all-day route, then drive the CTV (feeder) to the ramp every night too, so I know what he's talking about first-hand. And no, your average Ground clown couldn't do it and stay within Express standards for performance. So sorry.
Well if Express ever does move to a contractor/ISP model, couriers who choose to leave certainly will have that right. And from your lofty perch at whatever ground-breaking venture you have going on, you may continue to cast dispersions upon Fedex. I will, however, make this sincere offer. Come ride with me one day and see what a not so "average Ground clown" can do. Come early and expect to stay late.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Well if Express ever does move to a contractor/ISP model, couriers who choose to leave certainly will have that right. And from your lofty perch at whatever ground-breaking venture you have going on, you may continue to cast dispersions upon Fedex. I will, however, make this sincere offer. Come ride with me one day and see what a not so "average Ground clown" can do. Come early and expect to stay late.

I know they work hard, and my new career certainly won't be a "lofty perch", but the fact remains that the average Express courier is a much sharper tool than the average Ground driver. My main point is that FedEx isn't going to be able to keep it's tremendous labor cost advantage if they go to the ISP model for Express. The employee you get for $12-13.00
per hour probably won't be able to perform to Express standards, and even if they can, they're not going to stay long and work that hard for crappy money. They'll just leave, and then you'll be back a square one with a useless driver who's not very far along the learning curve.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Can someone PLEASE fill me in on how this went from the screw job for tomorrow (yes I volunteered at the last second for Sat and Sun..tee hee hee) into more contractor model break downs and who knows what else? I know I've been offline for a few weeks and holy crap!..lol

Since we've had record snowfall here in the Lone Star State, I believe we're taking out all of our flowers that haven't been delivered yet...guess we'll find out in the morning, huh?

bbsam

Staff member
Can someone PLEASE fill me in on how this went from the screw job for tomorrow (yes I volunteered at the last second for Sat and Sun..tee hee hee) into more contractor model break downs and who knows what else? I know I've been offline for a few weeks and holy crap!..lol

Since we've had record snowfall here in the Lone Star State, I believe we're taking out all of our flowers that haven't been delivered yet...guess we'll find out in the morning, huh?
Sorry. Got off topic. My bad.