As I read some of these posts with fdx vs ups.........

packageguy

As I read some of these posts fdx vs ups can anyone tell me the difference, besides the color of our uniforms what does one do different from the other. Yet Fred is always looking for something?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Do you like Coke or Pepsi, AT&T or Verizon, Target or Walmart? Kinda the same thing, they act like they hate each other but what they both hate is a third company coming in, think DHL. Each have their own business challenges based off the other, when a third comes in it screws up both companies.

bbsam

Staff member
FedEx Freight, FedEx Trade Networks, FedEx Office, FedEx Critical, FedExWheneverWeGetThere...
right. So both companies have spread out in the hopes of providing the greatest variety of services to its customers. And when you look at it from that perspective, which company is offering the most comprehensive shipping option for the shipper with ever changing needs?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Do you like Coke or Pepsi, AT&T or Verizon, Target or Walmart? Kinda the same thing, they act like they hate each other but what they both hate is a third company coming in, think DHL. Each have their own business challenges based off the other, when a third comes in it screws up both companies.

That is a well-know and true aspect of stock analysis.
If you own stock in an industry dominated by two major competitors and a third company emerges are comes in, sell you stock and go into another industry.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I know all the Fedex guys and girls in my area, most of them are hard workers who go to work every day for an hourly wage just like I do. I have more in common with them than I do with UPS management.

kumet

one hit the ground running and the other promoted uneducated drivers to run the company. why is there a FedEx.? we(ups) had the people the customers the trucks and planes the routes...everything, just no foresight .

Is this why UPS corporate refuses to use a contractor work force and thus get the "level playing field" they always claim to want?
Nope it's because they don't want freaky looking mothertruckers working in the brown uniforms making the public wonder if that guy just got out of jail. I've got thirty pick ups that hate FedEx. Lol

One made a delivery to my house on New Years Eve. The other had a union negotiated paid day off and was home to receive it.

OptimusPrime

One made a delivery to my house on New Years Eve. The other had a union negotiated paid day off and was home to receive it.

Please. We were delivering. I know I was out past 8pm. Was so tired by the end of it all could barely nibble on the Christmas Eve spread the family had, sipped some coffee, and just watched tv.