As I read some of these posts with fdx vs ups.........

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by packageguy, Jan 1, 2013.

1. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

As I read some of these posts fdx vs ups can anyone tell me the difference, besides the color of our uniforms what does one do different from the other. Yet Fred is always looking for something?

2. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Do you like Coke or Pepsi, AT&T or Verizon, Target or Walmart? Kinda the same thing, they act like they hate each other but what they both hate is a third company coming in, think DHL. Each have their own business challenges based off the other, when a third comes in it screws up both companies.

3. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

One has tats piercings and hasent shaved in a week. The other doesn't.

4. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

One keeps growing and adding routes and the other drives brown trucks.

5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

One has three opcos to do what the other does with just one.

6. bbsam

Interesting. UPS Freight, UPS Store, Supply Chain Solutions all one with UPS?

7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

FedEx Freight, FedEx Trade Networks, FedEx Office, FedEx Critical, FedExWheneverWeGetThere...

8. bbsam

right. So both companies have spread out in the hopes of providing the greatest variety of services to its customers. And when you look at it from that perspective, which company is offering the most comprehensive shipping option for the shipper with ever changing needs?

9. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

That is a well-know and true aspect of stock analysis.
    If you own stock in an industry dominated by two major competitors and a third company emerges are comes in, sell you stock and go into another industry.

10. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

I know all the Fedex guys and girls in my area, most of them are hard workers who go to work every day for an hourly wage just like I do. I have more in common with them than I do with UPS management.

11. uber

uber Guest

I always think about how much it must suck to be a FedEx driver.

12. kumet

kumet New Member

one hit the ground running and the other promoted uneducated drivers to run the company. why is there a FedEx.? we(ups) had the people the customers the trucks and planes the routes...everything, just no foresight .

13. kumet

kumet New Member

thanks to ups union fedex drivers get a livable wage and benefits so they dont get in a union

14. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Actually, we did not have the planes.

Fed Ex created the NDA market and UPS followed.

15. bbsam

Is this why UPS corporate refuses to use a contractor work force and thus get the "level playing field" they always claim to want?

16. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Not where I'm from son. The guy in my erea sold both his routs to buy a JimmyJohns. I do hear there's some big money in that stuff. Not

17. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Nope it's because they don't want freaky looking mothertruckers working in the brown uniforms making the public wonder if that guy just got out of jail. I've got thirty pick ups that hate FedEx. Lol

18. cachsux

cachsux Wah

One made a delivery to my house on New Years Eve. The other had a union negotiated paid day off and was home to receive it.

19. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Active Member

Please. We were delivering. I know I was out past 8pm. Was so tired by the end of it all could barely nibble on the Christmas Eve spread the family had, sipped some coffee, and just watched tv.

20. cachsux

cachsux Wah

New Years Eve.