Coldworld

60 months and counting
There is coke work being done by ups feeder.. Has anyone else seen anything else out of the ordinary??? Was this coke work negotiated with the union..I thought these coyotes were suppose to get this work... A deal cut with hog and dance hall???

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
There is coke work being done by ups feeder.. Has anyone else seen anything else out of the ordinary??? Was this coke work negotiated with the union..I thought these coyotes were suppose to get this work... A deal cut with hog and dance hall???

I have seen us hauling beer also.

Why would UPS have to clear it with the union to pull these loads.

The union doesn't have a say in what we pull. It is done by bargaining unit employees, so who cares.

Hell, give us all the Coyote loads. More jobs for us.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I've seen UPS Freight pulling more and more of these loads. during the last 2 peaks they were starting to come into our yard.

If it means more work , all the better. we added over 20 feeder jobs in the last couple years.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I have seen us hauling beer also.

Why would UPS have to clear it with the union to pull these loads.

The union doesn't have a say in what we pull. It is done by bargaining unit employees, so who cares.

Hell, give us all the Coyote loads. More jobs for us.
Really.. So if gypsies pull our loads inside our lanes you telling me that would be ok and the union would have no say in it???

'Lord Brown's bidding'

If I'm not mistaken, Coyote is a logistics provider; they don't have their own fleet of trucks. They find space for an optimal price on someone else's truck or in someone else's fleet. Guess what? Sometimes that may be UPS!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Really.. So if gypsies pull our loads inside our lanes you telling me that would be ok and the union would have no say in it???

I think you better read my post again.

I said that the union had no say in what we pull.

I did not say that the union has no say in who pulls our loads.

Big difference.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
If I'm not mistaken, Coyote is a logistics provider; they don't have their own fleet of trucks. They find space for an optimal price on someone else's truck or in someone else's fleet. Guess what? Sometimes that may be UPS!

You are correct.

Coyote Logistics is a freight forwarder. They have no trucks.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

I've heard the railroads sometimes put UPS loads on the highway to expedite delivery if a train is delayed for some reason, especially during peak. Could this explain some of the gypsies?

Also, have read about large shippers using gypsies to take trailers to non-native hubs to "zone skip", which is basically akin to someone in Philadelphia driving a UPS package destined for DC to the customer counter at the local hub in DC, or maybe one just outside, so as to take advantage of lower intracity pricing. A notorious example cited was of a large shipper in TX who had their loads hauled just over the state line to an Oklahoma hub to be sorted, many of the packages BACK to TX!

'Lord Brown's bidding'

As for if all the gypsies were hired by Coyote, if that was the case, I've read there is nothing the Union can do, since the contract is with only one of UPS' subsidiaries, not with the corporation, and Coyote is not a party of the contract.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
So we're all of the gypsies in the yard this peak associated with wily e coyote company??

You don't seem to get it.

Coyote is not pulling our loads. Coyote is a freight forwarder that UPS bought last July.

There are no gypsies from Coyote coming onto our property. But, since UPS now owns Coyote, they are using UPS trailers and our drivers to move some of these Coyote loads.

Coke is one big company that we have been moving freight for over the past 2 months through Coyote.

barnyard

KTM rider
Some of you are pretty friggin stupid. FFS. This is a time where it appears that UPS is using an acquisition to keep us busy and maybe even add a few jobs. All some of you can do is complain about that.

My center moves 4 empties a night from our building to the hub. If those empties can be full trailers AND make UPS more money, so they can pay me more with the next contract, I am all for it.

Step back and look at the big picture.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
i remember 2-3 years following the strike we were fighting and back stabbing each other for work. i was on-call and it was a nightmare till i got a FT bid in 2000.

for some years now there is so much work it's a pain sometimes. i had a 55 hour bid feeder job and they were always begging me to make a local p/u or an mt return. sometimes they had to direct me to work when there was no one else.

here's one. what do you call a basement full of feeder drivers?

a whine cellar.

FUH

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Some of you are pretty friggin stupid. FFS. This is a time where it appears that UPS is using an acquisition to keep us busy and maybe even add a few jobs. All some of you can do is complain about that.

My center moves 4 empties a night from our building to the hub. If those empties can be full trailers AND make UPS more money, so they can pay me more with the next contract, I am all for it.

Step back and look at the big picture.

Couldn't have said it better myself.