EasyTrucker

If you are waiting at your turn around, they can force you to take 30 mins of meal as long as it is past your 4th hour. If your load(s) are ready when you get there and you haven't reached 8 hours or haven't reached the 4th-6th hour meal window yet, you can turn and burn and take meal wherever you like at those appropriate times.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If you are waiting at your turn around, they can force you to take 30 mins of meal as long as it is past your 4th hour. If your load(s) are ready when you get there and you haven't reached 8 hours or haven't reached the 4th-6th hour meal window yet, you can turn and burn and take meal wherever you like at those appropriate times.

This is the one I need. Is it in the contract, or just kind of a "past practice"? I typically get to my TA point between 4 and 6, but as I said, the building is very tight and loud, so trying to get some rest would never work. So I typically drop my set, build my next and GTFO as quick as possible. I get to my meal period within at least 7:45 of my day, I just kind of want some ammo to fire back at them when they bring it up :D

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I think all of our road jobs have meal scheduled during the TA. Our supplement state meal to be taken between 4th and 6th hour, but in practice, if you don't have to wait, and don't take a lot of extra time during the TA, not much of fuss is giving to us when we take our meal after the TA. That doesn't happen, though, if you have central sort time during the TA. If your run has CS built in, we have to take our meal first, then any CS time. I've done jobs with 2 1/2 hours of CS, so they aren't about to let us take our meal later.

Other than that, you just have to hit your Other Work button by the 8HR mark. Some road jobs, this is exactly what I do. I drive as far as I can, then hit my button at the 8HR mark and sleep on an ramp most of the time.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Here, if we have CS time, we are required to take 45 of meal and the rest is charged to the building. My run now though has no cs time, when I get up there the loads are already loaded and done, just need to be verified and sealed and built. My TA is usually 45-50 minutes and nothing has been said, but I hear that in the annual s&v rides the sup's are trying to bring it up and make that the new thing

MaceFremonti

Funny (after the fact) Feeder Story #24

So....I am inbounding at my favorite building that was originally designed for 48' trailers. Bay 29 my IVIS tells me.

I sigh.

There is barely enough room there to get a 48' on the door with a single screw much less the 53' and twin screw that I have.

"Hopefully a bay on either side will be clear..", I think.

I turn the corner and from the end of the primary I can see that there are 53's on both sides of bay 29.

I sigh again.

I pull up and gauge the distance across from bay 29 to the trailers that face it.

"This is gonna be close.", I say to no one in particular.

I get lined up, wave to the shifter sitting in bay 35 and start backing the long box in...

Ten minutes and a ton of delicate manuevers later I am just about to push the trailer the rest of the way into bay 29 when my eye catches a set of landing gear, where there should be no landing gear!

"M*th*r*friend*c*k*r!", I exclaim.

There is a pup already in bay 29!

I quickly stop, a foot or so from having a ton of paperwork to do. I sheepishly pull back out.

The shifter drives past me laughing and pulls the pup from bay 29.

"One more time...", I joke to myself, my left leg still stinging from the first go 'round.

This time it only took me eight minutes to get her on the door. At this point my left leg is DONE!

I get out, disconnect my lines and pull the pin. I hope back in my tractor and start to pull out as the shifter gives me a golf clap.

BOOM!

M*TH*RF*CK*R!!!!

That's right, yours truly dropped his first trailer.

The shifter pulls up, giggling and says, "I got it man! Don't worry about it!"

"Thanks!", I say and pull out of his way.

Only thing is, I dropped that s*mb*tch so low the shifter couldn't even get under it.

I sigh, for the third time.

"Sorry bruh, hope you ate your wheaties!", he says as he drives off.

Twenty minutes later the trailer is back up. Not only is my left leg still cursing me but my arms and shoulders too.

I think to myself, "Still a rookie.", and smile.

That's when I saw the silent killer, black, slimey, and streaked all up my right arm and onto my shoulder.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Thats a really bad day.
If its going to be close just drop it in the pad like a boss
The shifter can put it on the door

Johney

Funny (after the fact) Feeder Story #24

So....I am inbounding at my favorite building that was originally designed for 48' trailers. Bay 29 my IVIS tells me.

I sigh.

There is barely enough room there to get a 48' on the door with a single screw much less the 53' and twin screw that I have.

"Hopefully a bay on either side will be clear..", I think.

I turn the corner and from the end of the primary I can see that there are 53's on both sides of bay 29.

I sigh again.

I pull up and gauge the distance across from bay 29 to the trailers that face it.

"This is gonna be close.", I say to no one in particular.

I get lined up, wave to the shifter sitting in bay 35 and start backing the long box in...

Ten minutes and a ton of delicate manuevers later I am just about to push the trailer the rest of the way into bay 29 when my eye catches a set of landing gear, where there should be no landing gear!

"M*th*r*friend*c*k*r!", I exclaim.

There is a pup already in bay 29!

I quickly stop, a foot or so from having a ton of paperwork to do. I sheepishly pull back out.

The shifter drives past me laughing and pulls the pup from bay 29.

"One more time...", I joke to myself, my left leg still stinging from the first go 'round.

This time it only took me eight minutes to get her on the door. At this point my left leg is DONE!

I get out, disconnect my lines and pull the pin. I hope back in my tractor and start to pull out as the shifter gives me a golf clap.

BOOM!

M*TH*RF*CK*R!!!!

That's right, yours truly dropped his first trailer.

The shifter pulls up, giggling and says, "I got it man! Don't worry about it!"

"Thanks!", I say and pull out of his way.

Only thing is, I dropped that s*mb*tch so low the shifter couldn't even get under it.

I sigh, for the third time.

"Sorry bruh, hope you ate your wheaties!", he says as he drives off.

Twenty minutes later the trailer is back up. Not only is my left leg still cursing me but my arms and shoulders too.

I think to myself, "Still a rookie.", and smile.

That's when I saw the silent killer, black, slimey, and streaked all up my right arm and onto my shoulder.

That's a bad day.
Still way better than the best day in package.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Any shifter that would sit there and let me back into another trailer deserves to have his :censored2: whupped. Dude, my shoulder aches thinking how much effort it took to crank up a loaded 53' trailer on low gear. I've cranked a few in my 29 years, so i know. lol

MaceFremonti

A closed PA Turnpike made for quite an interesting ride this morning. Felt like I was out west with the 9%+ grades, 10 mph truck speed limits, and runaway ramps on the detour.

skoomer1

I ran that detour too. Thank goodness for Jake brakes. Guy ahead of me was smoking like crazy. 86 miles shut down WOW! Didn't hear too much on the cb about it. I was streaming a Pittsburgh station through my phone and heard about it. Not sure how long after I started on the detour when they opened it up.

Last edited:

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Sitting on the NJ Turnpike for the better part of an hour and a quarter so far. Apparently they landed a medivac over 40 minutes ago. Seems like a slow cleanup for now though.

$$$$$$ Cha Ching!