MaceFremonti

Hmmmm, I might hear about this...

Attachments

• 1438695938818.jpg
    1438695938818.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 259

EasyTrucker

I watched a NEWPA driver trying to back up a dolly last week in his brand new tractor. 20 pull ups, then he stopped and 2 other drivers helped him move his dolly into position by hand. I would've helped but the 2 other drivers were already helping him trying to back up the dolly then they all gave up.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I cowboyed my dolly under my rear box today. :cowboy:

Nobody likes a bragger :p

Still trying to get the hang of the Hero hook. I'm getting close, but I still have a tendency to oversteer my dolly, and then everything is a mess. lol. However, when you pull doubles (almost exclusively) and have a rental tractor without a pintle hook, you don't have many options

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Here's a question for feeder drivers: I've been in feeder a few months now and I have foot stiffnes and soreness. It's mostly in my right foot (accelerator) on the top of the foot. Is this normal? I've read that it's from using the foot to work the pedals, but, as a package driver I never had this type of discomfort. Anyone else have this experience? Solutions?

Knothead

Yep.
Here's a question for feeder drivers: I've been in feeder a few months now and I have foot stiffnes and soreness. It's mostly in my right foot (accelerator) on the top of the foot. Is this normal? I've read that it's from using the foot to work the pedals, but, as a package driver I never had this type of discomfort. Anyone else have this experience? Solutions?
I have experienced this same issue both in feeders and my old VWs and BMWs and I attribute it to the pedals being hinged at the bottom instead of being suspended from above like in a package car or most other passenger cars. I find that by wearing loose shoes (sandals or slippers) or by leaving the laces on my right foot a little loose it eases the pain a bit. Walking around some also relieves some of the tension. Over time you will get used to it and the pain will become less common.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Cruise control is your friend

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
I have experienced this same issue both in feeders and my old VWs and BMWs and I attribute it to the pedals being hinged at the bottom instead of being suspended from above like in a package car or most other passenger cars. I find that by wearing loose shoes (sandals or slippers) or by leaving the laces on my right foot a little loose it eases the pain a bit. Walking around some also relieves some of the tension. Over time you will get used to it and the pain will become less common.
Thanks. Really appreciate the input. I have been driving the slant nose Kw's, a lot, and you know about those goofy brake pedals.

Brown Note

Nobody likes a bragger :p

Still trying to get the hang of the Hero hook. I'm getting close, but I still have a tendency to oversteer my dolly, and then everything is a mess. lol. However, when you pull doubles (almost exclusively) and have a rental tractor without a pintle hook, you don't have many options

Im better some days than others, but can always accomplish the "hero hook". I still haven't mastered it. I usually have to pull up a few times.

If you're ever in a rental with no pintal hook and cant cowboy it, or just dont feel like it, just ask a shifter to spot the dolly for you.

robot

Has A Large Member
Any other hubs short on equipment? I'm at a decent sized hub and all the cpu runs are standing around idle from around 4-6pm waiting for trailers to get unloaded. It's been this way for the past couple months and seems to be getting worse.

I'm sitting on the yard waiting for a trailer to free up. Been about 45 mins so far. Guess they'll have to cover my last switch out again :)

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Any other hubs short on equipment? I'm at a decent sized hub and all the cpu runs are standing around idle from around 4-6pm waiting for trailers to get unloaded. It's been this way for the past couple months and seems to be getting worse.

I'm sitting on the yard waiting for a trailer to free up. Been about 45 mins so far. Guess they'll have to cover my last switch out again :)
Its probably because of the recalled zzz. They fixed about 20 here. The rest have to sit until September because thats when they are allowed to order more brake chambers

UPS4Life

Its probably because of the recalled zzz. They fixed about 20 here. The rest have to sit until September because thats when they are allowed to order more brake chambers
Never stopped using them. Supposedly they are being fixed off site if you believe that or not. Despite still using the known bad trailers we still wait on trailers then get messages about gate time when there are no trailers.